Troy Davis Named New Louisville Leopards Head Football Coach

No you didn’t say anything about race but I’ve sat in the stands of too many Louisville-Alliance games and have heard plenty of comments that were. My point is you rarely hear someone bring up perceived academic and behavioral issues at schools that are nearly devoid of any form of diversity . Alliance High School does a great job in all areas and creates so many wonderful opportunities for their students that I hate when people bad mouth my hometown.

All the Alliance transplants living in Louisville feel differently.

No you didn’t say anything about race but I’ve sat in the stands of too many Louisville-Alliance games and have heard plenty of comments that were. My point is you rarely hear someone bring up perceived academic and behavioral issues at schools that are nearly devoid of any form of diversity . Alliance High School does a great job in all areas and creates so many wonderful opportunities for their students that I hate when people bad mouth my hometown.
Alliance gets a bad rap, they have a lot of quality kids that do great things during and after high school both on and off the field. The aviators are a well disciplined football team and, especially in the Whiting years, were very similar to Louisville. I mean that a compliment to both teams. I am glad they are playing because this could be the start of that natural rivalry that Louisville needs.

No way. it was a unanimous decision to get Louisville out, that includes Marlington and Alliance. Plus Louisville would still roll through that conference in most sports.. I thought they were done wrong but they need to look bigger and better, not rejoin that league..

Completely agree. Time to move on... someplace..., but certainly not back to the EBC/NBC.

Just saw a schedule where we play Shaker Heights week 2 instead of Steubenville. Anybody know which schedule is correct?

Just saw a schedule where we play Shaker Heights week 2 instead of Steubenville. Anybody know which schedule is correct?

I updated my schedule on Leopard Nation, it is Shaker Heights at home. Traveling to Steubenville is still a possibility for Week 2 of 2021.

- 3 brand new never before played opponents to start the season
- 5 straight games against Federal League Opponents
- Thursday night game against North Canton Hoover
- Alliance rivalry is renewed week 9 replacing Massillon
- Central Week 10 again

I updated my schedule on Leopard Nation, it is Shaker Heights at home. Traveling to Steubenville is still a possibility for Week 2 of 2021.

- 3 brand new never before played opponents to start the season
- 5 straight games against Federal League Opponents
- Thursday night game against North Canton Hoover
- Alliance rivalry is renewed week 9 replacing Massillon
- Central Week 10 again

So, who dropped who?? Because now Louisville is taken off the schedule in 2021 also for Steubenville

Curious to know if Steubenville was Twiddys idea and now that Davis is the coach he wanted to go in a different direction. Shaker Heights is DI RI school coming off a 2-8 season. Steubenville is in our region and coming off a playoff appearance.

Surely the Twiddy haters that claimed he wanted a soft schedule will be be on here hating on Davis for softening up the schedule.

So, who dropped who?? Because now Louisville is taken off the schedule in 2021 also for Steubenville
There would have been more fans at the big red game, who is an hour and half away, than any of the federal league teams will bring next year. It is sad this game didn't happen.

Curious to know if Steubenville was Twiddys idea and now that Davis is the coach he wanted to go in a different direction. Shaker Heights is DI RI school coming off a 2-8 season. Steubenville is in our region and coming off a playoff appearance.

Surely the Twiddy haters that claimed he wanted a soft schedule will be be on here hating on Davis for softening up the schedule.

Louisville and Steubenville game probably originally game about because of Twiddy.Twiddy and Reno have mutual friends. A shame this isn’t happening now

Is the Shaker/Louisville game a 2-year deal? Y'all Lep fans ever been to Shaker for a game?
One of the most unique setups in Northeast Ohio. No lights - Saturday Day games only. The tiniest of Away stands. Great concessions and atmosphere.

Alliance is currently going through a spike in enrollment. In 5-6 years I wouldn’t be surprised to see them near the D4 mark. Elementary schools are currently low in enrollment

With that being said I am also happy to see the Blue Streaks and Leopards back on the schedule.
Never understood why Lake and Alliance didn’t schedule each other. Similar in size, close in proximity and two football programs that have some history with each other and excellent overall tradition. Lake needs to keep Louisville and Alliance on their schedule every year. Louisville has always been one of my favorite opponents that we play when we schedule them. The game has been great the last few years and also back in 2006 and 2007. Specifically 2007 though when lake snuck away with a win in the regular season (one of the better of games I’ve ever been to) and then lose in the playoffs to an incredible Lep squad who came so close to winning that state title. That result always makes me curious if 7-4 Lake could have made the same run in the playoffs if they would have beat Lville.

Last edited:
Wonder why Louisville continues with the Fed schools and Central but dropped Massillon?
When you play a football program like Massillon it is the headline game of a season . The people of Louisville we're excited to have Massillon on the schedule. Timing was just a little off for the start of this hopeful rivalry. If only the series could have started during a period when the Leps program was a little stronger back around 2007 and not in this transition period they are are in now while Massillon is having a strong run. I see this series being revisited in the future, especially if both programs stay independent and the other sports continue to be scheduled.

Lake and Alliance have a tenuous/strained relationship. Goes back a lot of years in all sports at all grade levels, both boys and girls. A long history of nastiness and fighting between both players and fans occurred quite a bit when both were in the Federal League together.

Lake and Alliance have a tenuous/strained relationship. Goes back a lot of years in all sports at all grade levels, both boys and girls. A long history of nastiness and fighting between both players and fans occurred quite a bit when both were in the Federal League together.

I am lost with what you posted. Concerning football here is why Lake and Alliance dropped the series

1996 Alliance 33 Lake 7........ After this game the series is tied 6 wins each
1997 Lake 7 Alliance 6, Alliance lost to Hoover and their last game to Boardman that year, if they beat Boardman they get the playoffs and Lake doesn't
1998 Lake 40 Alliance 14
1999 Lake 66 Alliance 0
2000 Lake 50 Alliance 6
2001 Lake 28 Alliance 6
2002 Lake 40 Alliance 0 ......after this game the series is 12 to 6 Lake
2003 Alliance 15 Lake 14.....numerous starters for Lake did not play this game do to the flu...is one of the few games that an illness actually had an affect. This is the last game Lake and Alliance played

Take a look at those scores and you will see why Alliance decided to go another direction. I do not remember any fighting between players

Last edited: