Troy Davis Named New Louisville Leopards Head Football Coach

"This is high school football where you must stop the run and harass the QB in the pass game."

Ah yes, as opposed to other levels of football where stopping the run and getting to the quarterback are not important...

This forum, man.
You may want to explain that to our new HC. He didn't seem to understand that when he was the D.C..

I don't believe he will have much choice. I don't see Massillon back on the schedule. Need to schedule smart for a chance at the playoffs

"This is high school football where you must stop the run and harass the QB in the pass game."

Ah yes, as opposed to other levels of football where stopping the run and getting to the quarterback are not important...

This forum, man.

Because the 4-2-5 that we ran here was really good at those things....I loved watching teams rush for 400 yards against us and giving up 35 points a game. Meanwhile our defensive coaches sat and never adjusted the Scheme. I love how you ignored anything I said except one little sentence. LOL, this forum man.

Ps if you want to intellectually debate me on defensive football please do. If you are who I think you are please ask Coach Farrah or Coach Crislip if they approve of this defense for Louisville kids.

Coach Davis appeared on "The Week That Was" this morning.

Scroll down to podcast 122119. FF to -1:05:30 for just the interview with Davis.
After listening to the interview , I'm impressed with the passion Coach Davis has for Louisville. It will serve him well in his efforts to bring back the type of program we can be proud of. It's fun to argue schemes and strategies, we love high school football , that's why we're here. But if the program is turning out good young men and playing football the right way I don't care if they use two sumo wrestlers and nine DB's.

I don’t know what kind is Xs and Os Davis will bring but he sure does seem to bring a passion about Louisville football, at least from what I heard in he interviews- if I were a Louisville fan I would probably be excited.

Because the 4-2-5 that we ran here was really good at those things....I loved watching teams rush for 400 yards against us and giving up 35 points a game. Meanwhile our defensive coaches sat and never adjusted the Scheme. I love how you ignored anything I said except one little sentence. LOL, this forum man.

Ps if you want to intellectually debate me on defensive football please do. If you are who I think you are please ask Coach Farrah or Coach Crislip if they approve of this defense for Louisville kids.
Who do you think I am?

More to the point, its not the 4-2-5 scheme's fault that Walzack and BJ were the worst linebackers in a generation of Lousiville football and we had 3 defensive ends injured.

Those linebackers as well as the sam and bandit would simply not perform their assigned roles. They freelanced often and the defense suffered for it.

No need to call out teenagers. Those were two tough kids just horribly undersized. Maybe if the staff had a clue they could have utilized a different scheme.

Who do you think I am?

More to the point, its not the 4-2-5 scheme's fault that Walzack and BJ were the worst linebackers in a generation of Lousiville football and we had 3 defensive ends injured.

Those linebackers as well as the sam and bandit would simply not perform their assigned roles. They freelanced often and the defense suffered for it.

I’m done arguing with you. Merry Christmas

— The Infidel

I guess I just don’t understand the fear of joining the Fed. Imo, Louisville’s schedule this year was tougher than what it would be with a fed schedule and 3 OOC games.

I don't have a dog in this discussion but none of the teams that played for state championships this year ran a 5-3.

I don't have a dog in this discussion but none of the teams that played for state championships this year ran a 5-3.
No Kidding??? Imagine that in today’s game where most teams play in 4 receiver sets or in some form of a spread offense. Obviously a 5-3 has weaknesses that are exposed by today’s style of play, with that said I think Louisville fans are wanting to see some form of a defense that is more attacking in nature than what they saw previously from Coach Davis. His previous 4-2 defenses were very passive in nature and seemed more focused on limiting offenses than just flat out bringing it like the Farrah teams did. A 3-4 defense with either 4i defensive ends ala Canfield or a 3-4 with substantial edge pressure similar to what I’ve seen the aviators use the last few years would seem to fit the bill for the type of kids I’ve watched the leopards play with for decades. If I were Coach Davis I’d study Canfield long and hard as they seems to be the most similar community to them in this area and they have been tremendously consistent and successful.

Last edited:
Alliance - Louisville is going to be a real interesting game. If Alliance wins the EBC looks really silly for getting the Leopards out of the league. And this game should be played every year, it's silly for those to schools not to play. I am glad that game is back on the schedule for both teams..

Alliance - Louisville is going to be a real interesting game. If Alliance wins the EBC looks really silly for getting the Leopards out of the league. And this game should be played every year, it's silly for those to schools not to play. I am glad that game is back on the schedule for both teams..
Why would the EBC look silly if Alliance wins. According to OHSAA #s Alliance has 23 more boys than Louisville. The rest of the league is a completely different story, ranging anywhere from 2/3 to 3/4 Louisville's #s. The league is quickly loosing its numbers with the exception of Alliance.

Why would the EBC look silly if Alliance wins. According to OHSAA #s Alliance has 23 more boys than Louisville. The rest of the league is a completely different story, ranging anywhere from 2/3 to 3/4 Louisville's #s. The league is quickly loosing its numbers with the exception of Alliance.
The EBC would look silly because the EBC is a silly league. Alliance is upgrading their non-league schedule because it's necessary They should be applauded for that.

Alliance is quickly outgrowing the EBC. Good to see them on the schedule.

Alliance is currently going through a spike in enrollment. In 5-6 years I wouldn’t be surprised to see them near the D4 mark. Elementary schools are currently low in enrollment

With that being said I am also happy to see the Blue Streaks and Leopards back on the schedule.

Good point- I just think the NBC was the best league for Louisville in all sports- they were voted out by all of the schools- so if alliance wins it kinda proves it was a mistake

Good point- I just think the NBC was the best league for Louisville in all sports- they were voted out by all of the schools- so if alliance wins it kinda proves it was a mistake
No disrespect, but I see it as Alliance has enough #s to compete with Louisville on a regular basis, the rest of us do not. Louisville may have got blind sided, but imagine if they were still in the league. With the schools getting even smaller, Lep fans would be going crazy because of the weak schedule they would have to play. Girls basketball barely has enough #s league wide to justify JV games anymore. Like it or not, the league did Louisville a huge favor. The league is in trouble and we all know it. We will each have to find or own niche in the future....I just hope my school's leadership figures it out quicker than Louisville's has.

No disrespect, but I see it as Alliance has enough #s to compete with Louisville on a regular basis, the rest of us do not. Louisville may have got blind sided, but imagine if they were still in the league. With the schools getting even smaller, Lep fans would be going crazy because of the weak schedule they would have to play. Girls basketball barely has enough #s league wide to justify JV games anymore. Like it or not, the league did Louisville a huge favor. The league is in trouble and we all know it. We will each have to find or own niche in the future....I just hope my school's leadership figures it out quicker than Louisville's has.

The EBC is a ticking time bomb. Alliance and Marlington are most likely going to be a league with Louisville in the near future.
Here is my wish list

Louisville
Alliance
Marlington
Canfield
Howland
Kent
Ravenna
Tallmadge

The EBC is a ticking time bomb. Alliance and Marlington are most likely going to be a league with Louisville in the near future.
Here is my wish list

Louisville
Alliance
Marlington
Canfield
Howland
Kent
Ravenna
Tallmadge
This would be a nice league