Troy coach Paul Bremigan stepping down

TroyTrojan05

Looks like the head football coaching position and basketball position are both now open. Anyone know who are some possible candidates?

This is an interesting situation with the hoop program. When is the last time the program has had a successful season and which direction will they go in terms of hiring inside or outside the district?! One would think that Troy could have a competitive program every year!

This is an interesting situation with the hoop program. When is the last time the program has had a successful season and which direction will they go in terms of hiring inside or outside the district?! One would think that Troy could have a competitive program every year!

In 11 and 12 they went to the district finals and had good years. Been bad since. Troy’s never really been a basketball town.

Looks like the head football coaching position and basketball position are both now open. Anyone know who are some possible candidates?

Gesh, the AD has an awful job right now. Hiring at the same time for both your revenue generators can not be fun.

It has always been curious why Piqua and Troy cannot turn their football success into better more consistant basketball output.

Are the any assistants who are qualified to lead the program and are they teachers? There are some good coaches out there that may do a good job with Troy basketball. There has to be some talent in the city...

Are the any assistants who are qualified to lead the program and are they teachers? There are some good coaches out there that may do a good job with Troy basketball. There has to be some talent in the city...

I don’t follow Troy basketball enough to know about their assistants. Troy does have talent and every now and again they get 1 or 2 studs and make a decent run, but they’ve never really been consistent. The last good era was in the late 90s and early 2000’s when they had some studs.

It’s weird but I always notice the good athletes who play football don’t normally play basketball for whatever reason. You may have 1 or 2 most years.

Gesh, the AD has an awful job right now. Hiring at the same time for both your revenue generators can not be fun.

It has always been curious why Piqua and Troy cannot turn their football success into better more consistant basketball output.

That is the big question about the Colerain Cardinals, as well.

Doesn't Kopp work at Troy? He is currently the HC at bethel.
I believe thats his alma mater so Idk if he would leave or not.

There's talent in Troy just have to the right person in place and the administrative support. If Troy can be successful in football and baseball there's no excuse for them not to be at least competitive in basketball. Here's a name they should go after and seriously consider, Shane Carter. He's a basketball guy at heart and would coach basketball at Troy rather than coach football and the kids would love playing for him. Troy has to start thinking outside the box it's a goldmine up there.

There's talent in Troy just have to the right person in place and the administrative support. If Troy can be successful in football and baseball there's no excuse for them not to be at least competitive in basketball. Here's a name they should go after and seriously consider, Shane Carter. He's a basketball guy at heart and would coach basketball at Troy rather than coach football and the kids would love playing for him. Troy has to start thinking outside the box it's a goldmine up there.

I think Shane would be an outside the box pick but his heart is in football. Another name to consider would be Zawadski from Troy Christian. With his son now graduated, would he want to try coaching d1? He’s an awesome coach

I think Shane would be an outside the box pick but his heart is in football. Another name to consider would be Zawadski from Troy Christian. With his son now graduated, would he want to try coaching d1? He’s an awesome coach

To me that's the problem, I don't think Zawadzki would be the answer that would be just like hiring Branigan all over again. His style and beliefs would not relate to the kids they would not like playing for him the kids at TC didn't necessarily enjoy playing for him. Although very smart, he does a bad job developing kids in his program. That's not an out-the-box hire, they need a cultural change, Zawadzki would not do that and he's about ready to hang it up.

Looking at OHSAA website and the job has yet to be posted. Is this mere speculation of the coach stepping down? And Zezzo you are so correct about a culture change for that program and many others for that matter. There is talent in Troy, kids need someone relatable and authentic imo..

TT05 I respect your posts and opinions but your such a name guy. Maybe that's why they can't get it right because they go for the names and reputation but don't consider the right fit for the kids and program.

TT05 I respect your posts and opinions but your such a name guy. Maybe that's why they can't get it right because they go for the names and reputation but don't consider the right fit for the kids and program.

Has nothing to do with name. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean that you have to think I'm wrong. You're the one who said hire a FOOTBALL coach to coach basketball. Anyway....

BTW I don't follow enough of Troy basketball to know anything about what they do. I am close to the football program, but not basketball. So, all I can do at this point is give my opinion and choices I'd like to see. I'm not going to pretend I know anything. Because I Do not.

Brooks Hall is an assistant boys basketball coach at Beavercreek and has kids that play.

Brett Kopp would be a great hire for Troy High School Basketball, and he already works in the district.

Apparently, some of you think Shane Carter should coach ALL the sports at T.H.S. Does Shane even want to coach either sport at Troy? I think it will be difficult for Shane to get a head coaching position at Troy because they want the coach to be in the High School Building.

Has nothing to do with name. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean that you have to think I'm wrong. You're the one who said hire a FOOTBALL coach to coach basketball. Anyway....

Understand the post, I said "he's a basketball guy at heart!" ".....Think out the box." There's been plenty football coaches coach basketball and been good at it and vice versa. There are some people that are talented and skilled enough to do that. And I never said you were wrong but was implying that that's the type of thinking that keeps you're where you are and why some schools like Troy and others can't win beyond their league.

Well it's like I said they should go after Shane Carter, even if he's not interested they should at least ask or give it a thought. They have nothing to lose. Their basketball program is near rock bottom.

Shane Carter just took a bottom feeder in Northwestern to playoffs. Ive heard he still lives in Troy. Make it a 2 for 1 and steal Northwestern basketball coach Gerald Embry as well.

Understand the post, I said "he's a basketball guy at heart!" ".....Think out the box." There's been plenty football coaches coach basketball and been good at it and vice versa. There are some people that are talented and skilled enough to do that. And I never said you were wrong but was implying that that's the type of thinking that keeps you're where you are and why some schools like Troy and others can't win beyond their league.

Zezzo always comes with this superiority of how certain schools are stuck in certain ways. But your profile has a DPS school. Dear God, the DPS is the biggest disaster in the history of OHSAA sports.

Your a laughing stock if you want to throw a coach with no experience in the GWOC, good lord. :wallbang:

I'd be surprised if they aren't putting the full court press on the Bethel coach who works in Troy's district to take this job. Nobody else matters until Kopp is officially a no IMO.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I could be wrong but does Kopp still work in Troy's district? For some reason I thought he left to go elsewhere. Again,I'm out of the loop.