Trotwood scored 153?

Teams that beat Trotwood over the years playing that type of game, especially the last few, have had some key elements. Really great guards that could handle the pressure and strong wing players that when the pressure is broken can finish at the rim. Look at every team that has beat them over the past few years. Wayne, St. V, Pick Central, the team in Kentucky(from what I heard), those damn pro teams at Flyin to the Hoop, heck the team from Georgia a few years ago had one the best guards and wing players in the country on that team. They have those talented elements that make it hard for the trapping and pressing system to be fully effective.

But if you do not see that until FTTH once a year and one or two regular season games. Why change, and on the other note why try to beat them at their own game? Rockhold has built a system, a mentality, a program. Love him or hate him he has those kids ready to bring it every night. He has to scream at them to stop guarding and get back on defense when they are up because it is not the way he coaches them. It's counterproductive to what he does. People can scream about all this talent he has but last year, when they played the team out of Akron, they had the number one player in the country in his class on that team, an all state guy and two or three other recognized guys. As much or more talent than Trotwood. What did the coach say. "They do what they do" "We wear fatigued and worn out" it's who they are. I do not think the guy gets enough credit for the system he has built. Now they have good players but that system is what takes them to the next level. Northmont's coach should have realized, I do not have the tools to out Trotwood, Trotwood. That is why that game got out of hand. Period!

We'll see what Cupps does Friday night and Hillard. Those should be some good ones because of the coaching and contrasting styles. Nothing like Tuesday, nothing. That mess was bad. Anyone that knows anything about Bball could see that Nmont made a mistake.. Slow the game down and use your size. They had three 6'5 cats starting!!! What the heck???

That game against the team from Georgia really showed the toughness that another team can expect from Trotwood.

Cville always has a chance to win at home. The officiating usually sucks. I will still go with TM.

Bradley seem like a real interesting team. A LOT of defense. Rams by 5.

bolts part Great game plan on the ....in the last 3 or 4 seasons not many teams have been bold enough to try and run with Trotwood haha
you got it!
Teams that beat Trotwood over the years playing that type of game, especially the last few, have had some key elements. Really great guards that could handle the pressure and strong wing players that when the pressure is broken can finish at the rim. Look at every team that has beat them over the past few years. Wayne, St. V, Pick Central, the team in Kentucky(from what I heard), those damn pro teams at Flyin to the Hoop, heck the team from Georgia a few years ago had one the best guards and wing players in the country on that team. They have those talented elements that make it hard for the trapping and pressing system to be fully effective.

But if you do not see that until FTTH once a year and one or two regular season games. Why change, and on the other note why try to beat them at their own game? Rockhold has built a system, a mentality, a program. Love him or hate him he has those kids ready to bring it every night. He has to scream at them to stop guarding and get back on defense when they are up because it is not the way he coaches them. It's counterproductive to what he does. People can scream about all this talent he has but last year, when they played the team out of Akron, they had the number one player in the country in his class on that team, an all state guy and two or three other recognized guys. As much or more talent than Trotwood. What did the coach say. "They do what they do" "We wear fatigued and worn out" it's who they are. I do not think the guy gets enough credit for the system he has built. Now they have good players but that system is what takes them to the next level. Northmont's coach should have realized, I do not have the tools to out Trotwood, Trotwood. That is why that game got out of hand. Period!

We'll see what Cupps does Friday night and Hillard. Those should be some good ones because of the coaching and contrasting styles. Nothing like Tuesday, nothing. That mess was bad. Anyone that knows anything about Bball could see that Nmont made a mistake.. Slow the game down and use your size. They had three 6'5 cats starting!!! What the heck???
Spot on! Great post!

Louisville Ballard as well. I got some Intel on that game. Good Guard play, long wing guys that were finishers. Beat Twood by 10. 109-99. I also heard Twood got homered with 6 guys fouling out and only 3 finishing the game, but the guys said they were still playing hard D trying to come back with 3 dudes!! LOL! If you see teams like this once or twice a year and often it's in the final game in Columbus. Run your system!
And out of those three guys that were left two of them had 4 fouls

Looks to me like Trotwood was trying to make a statement here. However, as a coach I don't think I would do that to a team. Put the subs in and let the starters rest.

Looks to me like Trotwood was trying to make a statement here. However, as a coach I don't think I would do that to a team. Put the subs in and let the starters rest.
And what statement would that be? I mean is it Trotwood's fault that Northmont's coach didn't know what he was doing? He tried pressing Twood last year as well and lost by 60. Is that Twood's fault? He didn't play HIS reserves until 1:43 in the 4th quarter! Why would he do that to those kids?

And what statement would that be? I mean is it Trotwood's fault that Northmont's coach didn't know what he was doing? He tried pressing Twood last year as well and lost by 60. Is that Twood's fault? He didn't play HIS reserves until 1:43 in the 4th quarter! Why would he do that to those kids?
A statement for the number one seed. Trotwood's reserves would be ok against northmont's starters.

Northmont’s AD had the coach trying to drive up ticket sales for when they play at Northmont in two weeks.

It's varsity basketball. If the other team wants to play an up and down game - why not? Not sure I understand the Trotwood fans being upset that the other team was trying to dunk down 60, but whatever...

My kids have been involved in baseball games they lost 32-5 and football games where they won 67-0. I don't think anyone was permanently psychologically damaged on either occasion.

The Trotwood starters were out of the game with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter....Nmonts starters played the whole game. He finally started subbing with about 2 minutes left in the game. C'mon man. What else could he do?

The Trotwood starters were out of the game with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter....Nmonts starters played the whole game. He finally started subbing with about 2 minutes left in the game. C'mon man. What else could he do?
Hold up! Northmont's starters played the whole game in a 80+ blowout? I would have cleared my bench at the start of the 2nd half? Heck they were down 40 at that point. I would have at least got most of my reserves some needed time. This coach is a piece of work.

It's varsity basketball. If the other team wants to play an up and down game - why not? Not sure I understand the Trotwood fans being upset that the other team was trying to dunk down 60, but whatever...

My kids have been involved in baseball games they lost 32-5 and football games where they won 67-0. I don't think anyone was permanently psychologically damaged on either occasion.
Not upset at that. Upset that it's OK for them to still play hard and run and gun but folks want the Trotwood kids to stand around and hold the ball. It's hypocrisy.

If you don't like getting beat by 100, then dont. Play better, scout better, try anything better. Its one thing to get blown out by Trotwood 100-60 or something, but to lose by almost 100 points? Come on. I've seen northmont play, and despite their awful record, they have good athletes a few decent players. Not as bad as their record indicates, but like I said, there not anything you can try different to at least keep it within 50???

Is the Trotwood/Centerville game still be played Friday.... Centerville has closed all their schools for Friday due to wide spread sickness....

I understand totally but no disrespect, they're not good. On the other hand, Northmont is very athletic they're starting 5 went 6'1, 6'2, 6'4 , 6'5, 6'5 there was athletes all over the court, hence, no clue! Let me correct myself I was told the center was 6'7.

Last edited:
If you don't like getting beat by 100, then dont. Play better, scout better, try anything better. Its one thing to get blown out by Trotwood 100-60 or something, but to lose by almost 100 points? Come on. I've seen northmont play, and despite their awful record, they have good athletes a few decent players. Not as bad as their record indicates, but like I said, there not anything you can try different to at least keep it within 50???
They aren't a team that needs 5 basketballs to play because they all want to score are they? Played against a few teams like that years ago and they were easy to beat desively.

I just spoke with a guy about 2 hours ago and he said yes.
That seems crazy to me. If I'm Trotwood I want to stay away from Centerville. It's one thing to play the game the evening following a snow closure, but if a school closes because they dont want flue to spread further it makes no sense to play a game with 5 guys from an infected area passing a ball around with five guys waiting to "catch the fever".

That seems crazy to me. If I'm Trotwood I want to stay away from Centerville. It's one thing to play the game the evening following a snow closure, but if a school closes because they dont want flue to spread further it makes no sense to play a game with 5 guys from an infected area passing a ball around with five guys waiting to "catch the fever".

I hear that. I guess there was a company coming in to wipe down the place.