• Guilty: Second-degree manslaughter

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Not Guilty: All Charges

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Hung Jury

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They have 3 charges in play. In reality, from a guilt perspective, it does not really matter what one he get's convicted of. They all mean Chauvin killed him. It only really matters in the sentence guidelines.
He'll get time served, and walk, then write a book.

Obama did it, too.

Not at all. When a cop is told that the suspect is dead and he still does not change position, it makes a strong argument that Chauvin wanted to make sure he was dead. That makes reasonable doubt a real question. He has two different murder charges. 3rd degree is still in play at minimum.

Literally driving the struggle bus lol.

Carry on. ?

Well, the cross went pretty well for the prosecution. This guy didn't turn into a total idiot like the one yesterday, but defense again has much rehab ahead.

Well, the cross went pretty well for the prosecution. This guy didn't turn into a total idiot like the one yesterday, but defense again has much rehab ahead.
The defenses medical witness just guaranteed a guilty verdict of manslaughter. He said Floyd went into cardiac arrest within the first 5 minutes of the 9:30. Murder not out of the question but not guilty of any charge seems off the table.

Why do you say the current Hennepin county examiner and all those that treated Floyd are biased but say the paid former medical examiner from Maryland is neutral? Especially, when that examiner has been sued for trying to cover up the death of a black man under police custody in 2018? That is some kind of screwed up logic.

Maryland’s former chief medical examiner, subject of lawsuit, testifies in Chauvin’s defense | WTOP
You misread what I wrote. The Hennepin County Medical Examiner is who I said was neutral. The prosecution this whole case has been trying to say that he was wrong and that the knee blocked the airways.

And none of the experts "treated" Floyd.

I thought the cross did a good job on getting the witness to say he would have given medical care earlier. The prosecution is still really stretching it when they talk about the weight of the equipment having an impact. Chauvin was 140 pounds. That is extremely light and probably had very little impact on a 240 pound man. If they stick to the lack of performing medical care, they have a good shot. Manslaughter is still the most likely.

You misread what I wrote. The Hennepin County Medical Examiner is who I said was neutral. The prosecution this whole case has been trying to say that he was wrong and that the knee blocked the airways.

And none of the experts "treated" Floyd.
The Medical County medical examiner's cause and manner of death supports the prosecution's case for murder or manslaughter.

“cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression.” was the cause and homicide was the manner. I am not sure what you are watching.

Chauvin 140 pounds ? Who is 140 pounds at 5-10 as a full grown adult ?? What is he a Freshmsm
Football player l? A policeman whose job may require him to get physical with people who is about 40 years old hasn’t bulked up to
More than 140 pounds ? A 5-10! 140 pound accountant is a wimp . I say bullchit . Floyd was not 240 either (. Tall but drug addiction weight on the lighter side for his height and frame )

The Medical County medical examiner's cause and manner of death supports the prosecution's case for murder or manslaughter.

“cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression.” was the cause and homicide was the manner. I am not sure what you are watching.
And the prosecution experts consistently said that his airways were blocked by the knee on the back. The Medical Examiner refuted that. You already know that if you have been watching. The Medical Examiner is the only neutral party and he supported the defense's position.

Lastly, homicide is a death caused by another. In medical terminology, it does not imply criminality. FYI, every death row inmate that has been put to death by the state has been listed as a homicide...

They have 3 charges in play. In reality, from a guilt perspective, it does not really matter what one he get's convicted of. They all mean Chauvin killed him. It only really matters in the sentence guidelines.
No one believes the two murder charges are even in play. It’s just a manslaughter case. The prosecution did nothing for a murder case. Listen to what they are saying

It’s fun watching you throw these terms around constantly now, since you had no idea what the difference was a week ago lol.

Chauvin 140 pounds ? Who is 140 pounds at 5-10 as a full grown adult ?? What is he a Freshmsm
Football player l? A policeman whose job may require him to get physical with people who is about 40 years old hasn’t bulked up to
More than 140 pounds ? A 5-10! 140 pound accountant is a wimp . I say bullchit . Floyd was not 240 either (. Tall but drug addiction weight on the lighter side for his height and frame )
You're obsessed with people's weights. Creepy. Not everyone is fat like you.

Did someone testify that was his weight? If so, I am guessing that is more accurate than your rant. Maybe a 5'10", 140 accountant is a wimp. He isn't an accountant though is he?

Bruce lee was like 140 by the way. I realize if you saw him along down the street you would probably think he was a wimp. Clearly he would beat the crap out of you though. I have known and know lots of police. You would be surprised how many aren't very big but can more than handle themselves and the idiots they encounter.

The lesson? Don't judge a person by their weight.

And the prosecution experts consistently said that his airways were blocked by the knee on the back. The Medical Examiner refuted that. You already know that if you have been watching. The Medical Examiner is the only neutral party and he supported the defense's position.

Lastly, homicide is a death caused by another. In medical terminology, it does not imply criminality. FYI, every death row inmate that has been put to death by the state has been listed as a homicide...
???? The medical examiner report clearly states that he died of “cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression.” Do you know what that means? Homicide means that another human caused the arrest. He did not refute what the prosecution is charging. He supported it. What are you watching?

???? The medical examiner report clearly states that he died of “cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression.” Do you know what that means? Homicide means that another human caused the arrest. He did not refute what the prosecution is charging. He supported it. What are you watching?

I'm watching the trial and listening to the experts on Court TV. Maybe you should stop watching CNN and their 8 "experts" that they bring on that cheer-lead for the prosecution. The Medical Examiner is the most difficult hurdle for them to overcome. Did you really watch this case and not see how hard the defense has worked to overcome his testimony? Do you really think they had that many expert witnesses just for the fun of it? They are working overtime to disprove what their own Medical Examiner said. They are trying to say that Chauvin blocked the airway. The Medical Examiner said he did not. Seriously, did you not pick up on that throughout this whole trial?

It’s fun watching you throw these terms around constantly now, since you had no idea what the difference was a week ago lol.
It is quite common for people to use the term homicide as a cause of death. When it was used earlier, it was simply in reference to who caused the medical cause of death. Your can be amused by semantics for weeks. It does not change the reality of what the medical examiner found.

From your article:

In most murder cases, the local medical examiner who performed the autopsy is a star prosecution witness, the most authoritative voice on the victim’s cause of death. But in the trial of Mr. Chauvin, prosecutors have regarded Dr. Baker as perhaps their most problematic witness — and possibly one who could help the defense raise reasonable doubt in the minds of jurors.

During Mr. Nelson’s cross-examination, Dr. Baker acknowledged that he saw no physical signs of asphyxiation; that Mr. Floyd had a level of fentanyl in his system that could have been called an overdose in other circumstances; and that his heart condition, combined with the exertion of struggling with the police, played a role in his death.

Prosecution - Chauvin stopped Floyd from being able to breath by pressing on his neck and back.
Defense - Floyd's heart gave out due to the stress and his poor health.

Medical Examiner is closer to the defense's opinion than the prosecution.

I'm watching the trial and listening to the experts on Court TV. Maybe you should stop watching CNN and their 8 "experts" that they bring on that cheer-lead for the prosecution. The Medical Examiner is the most difficult hurdle for them to overcome. Did you really watch this case and not see how hard the defense has worked to overcome his testimony? Do you really think they had that many expert witnesses just for the fun of it? They are working overtime to disprove what their own Medical Examiner said. They are trying to say that Chauvin blocked the airway. The Medical Examiner said he did not. Seriously, did you not pick up on that throughout this whole trial?
The medical examiner put in his report and testified the he died from a lack of oxygen caused by Chauvin’s actions. That is what he put in the report and that is what he said in court....not CNN. Of course, the prosecution tries to minimize contributing factors but that does not change his core testimony on what caused his death. Here is his direct testimony :

• Andrew Baker:
    So, my opinion remains unchanged. It's what I put on the death certificate last June. That's cardiopulmonary arrest law complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression.
    That was my top line then. It would stay my top line now.
  • Jerry Blackwell:
    And so, if we look at the other contributing conditions, those other contributing conditions are not conditions that you consider direct causes; is that true?
  • Andrew Baker:
    They are not direct causes of Mr. Floyd's death. That is true. They are contributing causes.

From your article:

Prosecution - Chauvin stopped Floyd from being able to breath by pressing on his neck and back.
Defense - Floyd's heart gave out due to the stress and his poor health.

Medical Examiner is closer to the defense's opinion than the prosecution.
No it is not closer. The medical examiner clearly testified that actions of Chauvin was the direct cause of his death. There is no other way to spend it. It is his words and his report.

Again, you are missing it. The whole point of knee on the neck is to prove that Chauvin killed Floyd by depriving him of oxygen by cutting off his breathing. It is simply what the prosecution is trying to prove. They need the knee on the neck to stop his airway.

The Medical Examiner does not agree that the knee stopped Floyd from breathing. This is the whole dispute in the trial between the two sides and why the prosecution brought in all those extra experts.

Give Court TV a try. They seem to be split which way this trial is going. Some see murder conviction and others complete acquittal. This is why I like Court TV. They present both sides of the issue and recognize strong points by both sides. It is shameful what CNN is doing. They present only one side and have a clear bias. A neutral observer should be able to recognize that this case could go almost any way.

It is quite common for people to use the term homicide as a cause of death.

Indeed. It's probably comforting to know that you're not the only person out there lol.

When it was used earlier, it was simply in reference to who caused the medical cause of death. Your can be amused by semantics for weeks. It does not change the reality of what the medical examiner found.

I'm not trying to change the reality of the medical examiner. I'm just having fun watching you trying desperately to sound smarter than you actually are. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, you are missing it. The whole point of knee on the neck is to prove that Chauvin killed Floyd by depriving him of oxygen by cutting off his breathing. It is simply what the prosecution is trying to prove. They need the knee on the neck to stop his airway.

The Medical Examiner does not agree that the knee stopped Floyd from breathing. This is the whole dispute in the trial between the two sides and why the prosecution brought in all those extra experts.

Give Court TV a try. They seem to be split which way this trial is going. Some see murder conviction and others complete acquittal. This is why I like Court TV. They present both sides of the issue and recognize strong points by both sides. It is shameful what CNN is doing. They present only one side and have a clear bias. A neutral observer should be able to recognize that this case could go almost any way.
CourtTV televises the same thing as the other networks that are televising the trial. Why do you keep talking about CNN? They are not even televising the entire trial. They are popping in from time to time. You cannot watch the entire trial on CNN. More important, you do not understand what you are even watching. The Hennepin Medical Examiner who testified 5 days ago clearly has said the primary cause of death came from the use of force. It was in his report and he conformed it in his testimony. That is exactly what "complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression" means. "Homicide" means that another person was the primary causes of his death. There is no subjectivity in that conclusion.

Indeed. It's probably comforting to know that you're not the only stupid person out there lol.

I'm not trying to change the reality of the medical examiner. I'm just having fun watching you trying desperately to sound smarter than you actually are. :ROFLMAO:
Being smart actually has nothing to do with it. It is just cutting and pasting from the medical examiner's report. I think you could even do it....maybe.

It is a helluva coincidence that a man dies of natural causes in the four minute window Chauvin has a knee to his windpipe.

DId he also throw the exhaust pipe against the wall? They seem to be reaching very hard to get a lone jurist to go for manslaughter.

ProV creates his own truth(s)

It is a helluva coincidence that a man dies of natural causes in the four minute window Chauvin has a knee to his windpipe.

DId he also throw the exhaust pipe against the wall? They seem to be reaching very hard to get a lone jurist to go for manslaughter.
It is so bad, the defense examiner expert testified yesterday that Floyd's cardiac arrest occurred in the first 5 minutes of the restraint. That means Chauvin kept going for 4:30 minutes after his breathing and heart stopped. They should add another charge for abuse of a corpse.

The defense found the perfect expert for their case. This guy is currently being sued by the ACLU for trying to claim that a 15 year old died from an unrelated cardiac arrest after being choked out by police. It seems he has an affinity for claiming black men have perfectly timed heart attacks when being choked out by cops.

Last edited:
ProV creates his own truth(s)
No...I just pasted from the medical report. I also know that homicide means actions of another were the primary cause. Of course it does not prove criminality. That is what the trial is for. It is epically pathetic that these basic concepts need explained.