Trends You Find Excruciatingly Annoying

Beggars being dropped off corner to corner and picked up again later, not always by in-state license plates.
Kids whose parents drive them around during Trick or Treat. If kids are that lazy, then acquiring candy is one of the last things they should be doing.

Kids whose parents drive them around during Trick or Treat. If kids are that lazy, then acquiring candy is one of the last things they should be doing.
That, and parents driving and waiting with their kids at the bus stop are very unfortunate signs of the times.

College football players puttting their ancestries on their jerseys. I was okay with putting player's names with "II" behind them indicating that his father was there watching him play. But yesterday I saw two players with "IV" after their names. To me that means that their great grandfathers are still alive and kicking. Only people who are still alive should be "honored" with their son or grandson is on the field with their names on the jersey.

That, and parents driving and waiting with their kids at the bus stop are very unfortunate signs of the times.

Not me, because the bus stop was my house haha but had a couple kids who would wait in their parents car in our driveway til the bus came. Now grant it, this was in Ohio in January but this was also back in the late 80s / early 90s. So......not new, at least not to me. My mom eventually just told the parents that their kids could wait in our house with us (it was me, my sister and 3 other kids so no biggie).

A new one: any time something weird or odd happens, someone says “well, that’s 2020.”

Beggars being dropped off corner to corner and picked up again later, not always by in-state license plates.
The beggars with "homeless" signs at the shopping center near me don't need to be dropped off, because most of them live in apartments nearby. And 5 or 6 of the younger ones ride their bikes constantly back and forth to switch positions are update their account books.

In that case, I won't tell you the wife and I are considering shopping for one.
Was talking about Air Fryers over beers with my sis. She has one and absolutely loves it. She bought a Spritzer Bottle she fills with cooking oil and gives a light spray to everything she wants to brown. Me, I will just drop it in the oil and throw caution to the wind.

Air Fryers are the new George Foreman Grill. In a year or two everyone will have an Air Fryer in the basement sitting next to the George Foreman grill which was used three times. There is usually a Panini Maker and Quesadilla Maker nearby as well and a Bowflex somewhere used as a coat rack. :ROFLMAO:

Parents who tell their kids that high school is the best time of their lives. Pretty sad.

That's a sad commentary on the lives of the parents. A damn sad commentary.

Some of those folks are the same sad b@$t+@rd$ doing the "Be True to Your School" act in middle age on high school sports forums.

Air Fryers are the new George Foreman Grill. In a year or two everyone will have an Air Fryer in the basement sitting next to the George Foreman grill which was used three times. There is usually a Panini Maker and Quesadilla Maker nearby as well and a Bowflex somewhere used as a coat rack. :ROFLMAO:

You're going to be so damn jealous when I fry my thanksgiving turkey in my garage and cook my pumpkin pie in the toaster oven.

HS kids having media events for choosing the.college they will play for by picking out the hat where they are going.

Arrogant much? And we wonder whey they grow up with a sense of entitlements.

Was talking about Air Fryers over beers with my sis. She has one and absolutely loves it. She bought a Spritzer Bottle she fills with cooking oil and gives a light spray to everything she wants to brown. Me, I will just drop it in the oil and throw caution to the wind.

I have an air fryer and a deep fryer. When I make a big batch of wings I get both out to save time. I always keep the two separated because I have no interest in eating the ones out of the air fryer. But your sister is right about spraying with the cooking oil. It does help "crisp" things up a little bit.

HS kids having media events for choosing the.college they will play for by picking out the hat where they are going.

Arrogant much? And we wonder whey they grow up with a sense of entitlements.

My other favorite is when they burn out at their chosen school, enter the transfer portal and issue a twitter statement asking everyone to "respect my decision." Do I have to respect it even though it's wrong and that you wasted a scholarship?

The fact that the mullet has come back into favor amongst high school boys.

They started doing this for Minnesota HS hockey several years ago. Barry Melrose even got in on it. The All State Hockey Hair Team. Hilarious. Make sure to get to the end to see two assistant managers sharing smelling salt. :D

Not so much a trend due to the fact that I've encountered it for so many years to this point but it amazes me how many people out there have the misfortune of running out of gas just a few miles from their destination and need just a couple bucks to get to where they're going. In all fairness it's a good story and I do enjoy listening to it from the people who so casually approach me at the gas pump. I like how the story varies from buddies house to grandma's house to my pregnant wife, etc.... I feel like there's a book of stories out there just waiting to be written about all of these gas station misfortunes.
Ones I can remember:

We stole some tools and need to get out of town. wtf (What did I look like, the godfather)?

We came to town to go to church. Can you give us a couple bucks worth of gas to get back home? Sympathetic, but it was a weekday at noon.

We came from Town A to find work in Town B. Can you help us out so we can get (see above)? Persistent. Females. Red Alert!

We ran out of gas and are bumming our way to the coast to help a friend. Gave the two young men a ride to the nearest station (dumb), but that's it.

I'm in the service and need to get back to the base tonight. Again, sympathetic, but how does someone drive halfway across the state w/o money? Hmmm...

:rolleyes:

After giving $ to a sign holder once or twice, I learned my best response was a firm "no". Keeps me from making either the right or wrong decision! LOL

Ones I can remember:

We stole some tools and need to get out of town. wtf (What did I look like, the godfather)?

We came to town to go to church. Can you give us a couple bucks worth of gas to get back home? Sympathetic, but it was a weekday at noon.

We came from Town A to find work in Town B. Can you help us out so we can get (see above)? Persistent. Females. Red Alert!

We ran out of gas and are bumming our way to the coast to help a friend. Gave the two young men a ride to the nearest station (dumb), but that's it.

I'm in the service and need to get back to the base tonight. Again, sympathetic, but how does someone drive halfway across the state w/o money? Hmmm...

:rolleyes:

After giving $ to a sign holder once or twice, I learned my best response was a firm "no". Keeps me from making either the right or wrong decision! LOL

2 I've had:

1. Parked at a light in downtown Massillon, a man and woman walk up to my window: "We drove up from Columbus to attend a funeral at such and such church on the SE side of town. Our car was stolen. Can we have some money to get back to Columbus?" I didn't believe them but still gave them a few bucks, and they walked away and then turned around and asked if they could have 2 more bucks to get some dollar sandwiches at McDonald's.

2. Top of the stairs on the top floor of the Summit County Library in downtown Akron: I've just reached the stairs to leave when a guy past middle age had just reached the top of the stairs. He tells me he needs to get on a bus and asks me for some money. I told him I had no money. He then asked if he could ask another question but made me promise I wouldn't get mad. He proceeded to ask me if I was gay. I answered truthfully and promptly walked away. If I had given a different answer, I can only imagine what he was going to ask next since there was a bathroom nearby.

Sometimes, I think I have a "bother me" sign taped to me, but I don't know where it is to take it off.

College football players puttting their ancestries on their jerseys. I was okay with putting player's names with "II" behind them indicating that his father was there watching him play. But yesterday I saw two players with "IV" after their names. To me that means that their great grandfathers are still alive and kicking. Only people who are still alive should be "honored" with their son or grandson is on the field with their names on the jersey.

So by your "logic" if II's dad is dead he can't use II or Jr. on his jersey. WOW !

Many years ago all of the gun fanatics were stock piling ammo. Now under ihr Cheetos-Fuhrer, they are still doing it.

Quite a trend by the Kyle Rittenhouse fan club.

Getting tired of the Tattoo Rage.

I find it kind of funny the reactions you get when you ask someone about theirs. It ranges from: You are invading my space by asking about them - TO - A story about the one I asked about and every other one the person has on their body, including those that are best not ever seen.