Trends You Find Excruciatingly Annoying

cjb56

I’m going to go into my get-off-my-lawn-guy mode and start the list with...

- The wedding breakout dance, whether it be the procession up the aisle or the father/daughter dance. I like to have fun at weddings, but these breakout dances are just stupid. Does anyone without a vag actually like them?

- The fairly recent trend of seemingly every commercial on tv featuring a couple composed of different races. I’m great with it in real life and fully appreciate organically occurring diversity. I’ve had enough of the force-fed diversity uber-alles movement, though.

People not using their turn signals. That's an entirely new level of lazy and stupid.

The use of the term "contactless" in product commercials, especially food. Why the hell would anyone at the pizza shop be directly touching a pizza after it comes out of the oven piping hot?

Erectile dysfunction commercials with the fossilized-looking old man and the much younger trophy wife. The actual couples in real life who look like they're auditioning for one of these commercials when they go out for a drive in their convertible on Saturdays are equally annoying.

I'm sure I can think of a few more with a little time.

Last edited:
- The fairly recent trend of seemingly every commercial on tv featuring a couple composed of different races. I’m great with it in real life and fully appreciate organically occurring diversity. I’ve had enough of the force-fed diversity uber-alles movement, though.

A foreigner watching our TV commercials would think 70% of the USA's population is black or mixed race...and 20% gay.

The commercials now often feature people of "unknown" mixed races...maybe black, maybe Asian, maybe Hispanic, maybe all-of-the-above...it's hard to tell.

Twitter speak... using phrases like “Stan”, “BAE” “y’all”, “he’s invited to the cookout” and “I’m so here for it”

People not using their turn signals. That's an entirely new level of lazy and stupid.

On Turns...
If it's a turn only lane - I couldn't care less

Most drivers only signal when they are at the point of the turn,
not well before as they should.

Just bugs me when they don't use them that would allow those people
behind them to change lanes to avoid the impending backup.

Lane changes...
Worse: They turn on the signal for the lane change and then start the
changing without checking for clearance.

:>---

SALT

Last edited:
People still saying the year as "Two-thousand-twenty". It's "Twenty-twenty". Next year is "Twenty-twenty-one".

One hundred years ago it was not "One-thousand-nine-hundred-and-twenty".

The use of the term "contactless" in product commercials, especially food. Why the hell would anyone at the pizza shop be directly touching a pizza after it comes out of the oven piping hot?

Erectile dysfunction commercials with the fossilized-looking old man and the much younger trophy wife. The actual couples in real life who look like they're auditioning for one of these commercials when they go out for a drive in their convertible on Saturdays are equally annoying.

I'm sure I can think of a few more with a little time.
Turns signals get me ruffled as well. Especially at an intersection where there is no light, only a stop sign for one direction (or both).

I also cannot stand female teenage drivers because 90% of them use their cell phone while they drive. These young girls cannot drive to begin with and now they are texting at every stop light. When the light turns green and they have their face down texting and you hit the horn they look in their rearview as if something is wrong with me?

To make matters worse every kid I grew up with drove POS cars. I finally got a car my senior year and it was a giant POS. I think I paid $700 bucks for it. If a kid was not driving a straight beater it was at least economical. Made sense at least such as a small gas saver. Today, every kid drives a decked out mommy and daddy paid for car. Boys from the suburbs to rural drive these decked out trucks with lift kits and oversized tires. No way a kid can pay for all that $chit. I think in many communities today parents compete with one another with not only all of their overpriced BS but also their kid's cars.

Most of mine center around the younger generation who think that everything has to be a damn publicized event, like the gender reveal parties I mentioned above. Everything has be posted on Facebook or Instagram. Gender reveals...engagement pictures...huge sweet 16 parties...ugh.

First 5 decades of my life, we were force fed single race on the face of the Earth and I bet you didn't complain once during those years? ;)

Funny how we struggle with innocuous change. It hurts no one. Turn the head. Watch oldies tv.... I got brakes done on my car and I can't escape the feeling that something's wrong because the chatter isn't there anymore. Normal resistence to change for no reason.

First 5 decades of my life, we were force fed single race on the face of the Earth and I bet you didn't complain once during those years? ;)

Funny how we struggle with innocuous change. It hurts no one. Turn the head. Watch oldies tv.... I got brakes done on my car and I can't escape the feeling that something's wrong because the chatter isn't there anymore. Normal resistence to change for no reason.
You make a good point.

On Turns...
If it's a turn only lane - I couldn't care less

Most drivers only signal when they are at the point of the turn,
not well before as they should.

Just bugs me when they don't use them that would allow those people
behind them to change lanes to avoid the impending backup.

Lane changes...
Worse: They turn on the signal for the lane change and then start the
without checking for clearance.

:>---

SALT
Some drivers think they are"right of way", lights.

People still saying the year as "Two-thousand-twenty". It's "Twenty-twenty". Next year is "Twenty-twenty-one".

One hundred years ago it was not "One-thousand-nine-hundred-and-twenty".
Stanley Kubrick got it wrong?

Lol, but point taken.. People probably started saying "Two-thousand" the day after 12-31-99, and it just kept going. I find myself alternating between the two conventions. I'm not sure which one sounds better to my ear.

On the issue of commercials, I find that the majority of them feature a black man and a white woman, usually a blonde. Talk about stereotypes.

Most of mine center around the younger generation who think that everything has to be a damn publicized event, like the gender reveal parties I mentioned above. Everything has be posted on Facebook or Instagram. Gender reveals...engagement pictures...huge sweet 16 parties...ugh.
Parents today think that their baby, toddler, and young children are the most brilliant, talented, and special kids on Earth.

Many people today don’t value their privacy as they should.

I find all of these Prom-posals (homecoming too) to be very annoying. Especially the kids who are already dating. When we were in school if you had a girlfriend at homecoming or prom time it was just assumed you were going together, no need for a big production. I tell my recently graduated daughter that they are setting themselves up for disappointment when it comes time for real, meaningful proposals.

The problem with it is it’s forced inclusivity at the expense of 75% of the population. And it’s driven by ideals that strive for social manipulation; the goal is to make people think blacks people are as desirable as white people, which is an extremely racist idea as it assumes blacks need the help. It’s the sort of left wing racism that always gets a pass.

Liar.

Business>
Use of incorrect English skills for formal communications, in particular e-mails that read like social media posts.

Sports>
Excessive celebrating for a score when the game is out of hand.

Entertainment>
Softball interviews to help sell something.

Twitter speak... using phrases like “Stan”, “BAE” “y’all”, “he’s invited to the cookout” and “I’m so here for it”
Every chick I know who has moved south starts saying y'all heavily within one year. If it was natural, I wouldn't have a problem with it but you can tell they are forcing into use to try and fit in and act like they are now a southerner.

"Disrespected" now means "I wanted my arse kissed and it didn't happen." Athletes who make $40 million a year and ask for $50 million now feel "disrespected".

Purportedly educated talking heads on TV/radio who say "alum". Alumni is plural. Alumnus is masculine. Alumna is feminine.

Loud clap guy at the bar.

High school football players who turn to the stands and wave their arms for more noise. Often when their team has the ball.

Every chick I know who has moved south starts saying y'all heavily within one year. If it was natural, I wouldn't have a problem with it but you can tell they are forcing into use to try and fit in and act like they are now a southerner.
If you type it out, it’s not organic.