Transfer

vettman

Does anyone know how the transfer works from one school to the next , do you have to sit out a year or can you play right away.

If it is like any other ohio high school sport, I believe you have to sit out half of the games unless you can get something passed by the OHSAA... Is this Southwest Ohio in your case??

If you move there is no penalty. If you transfer, you have to set out 1/2 the games in every sport you play the first year.

May want to make that clear next time... In the NCAA, I believe it depends on if the player changes divisions and also can involve being released from one school to another

MCGal,I was expecting so much more from someone like yourself , I was wondering if you are allowed to talk to other coaches from other Colleges you might want to attend and Is there a time period were you can talk to them and can't talk to them, stuff like that.

I believe that also depends on the level. For D-1, I believe there has to be some form of release/permission from the school you're currently with before talking to other schools officially.