Trade a game your team lost...

Levi

With 2 wins now becoming losses.

I'll go:

North Canton Hoover beats Toledo St Francis in the D-I State Championship instead of losing 17-14 they win 21-17 with a late TD instead of missed FG.

Hoover now loses:

2000 game to Jackson in the regular season in week 10 in which they won 14-7. Hoover now doesn't get the week 11 rematch which they won so there becomes two wins wiped away for the price of one. Hoover now loses this game and finishes 7-3. With this Hoover would have fallen to 8th in R2 (Toledo Whitmer moves to 7th). Jackson now jumps to the 3 seed and hosts Marion Harding who is the #6 seed. GlenOak is now the #5 seed but still draws #4 Mansfield Senior who #3Jackson passed by beating Hoover. #8 Hoover now travels to #1 seed Perry in a rematch of week 5 in which Perry won 20-7 (Hoover led 7-0 two minutes before half but fumbled giving Perry momentum) and beat Hoover in an OT Thriller in week 12. Massillon no longer has to face the Marion Harding massacre as Toledo Whitmer is now #7 seed. However Whitmer has owned Massillon with a trio of wins in the playoffs in 2006, 2010 and 2012. Whitmer did play Perry tough before falling 25-12 if I recall.

Crazy to think with this alteration Jackson gets Marion Harding who I think they beat and face off with the winner of Whitmer/Massillon who I feel the Tigers win this game. Bears/Tigers winner goes to Regional Championship and I feel like which ever kicker has the ball last Abdul or Hirshman (sp?) wins this one. Jackson's option offense could hurt the Tiger's D but Rohr was more power as opposed to Perry's Heinzer's speed. Game becomes Jackson's pass rush which was very good this year (and even better in 01) vs Massillon's pass protection. Meanwhile Hoover gets a second chance at Perry in round one instead of round two. These to me were the best two teams in the region this year (Hoover had true balanced offense with RB Quincy and QB Reifsnyder and solid targets like Gulling and Coach Hertler really broke out the tricks not just in this game but throughout the season). Can't go against the reality of Perry who won the game a week later. Perry then faces Manfield/GlenOak winner which Mansfield won 21-13. This poses Perry vs Jackson/Massillon two teams the Panthers handled in the regular season and I think it ends the same way. That Massillon team got shredded on that Saturday night at Fawcett and can't see it going much better. Jackson meanwhile improved throughout the season but their offense didn't have enough against a Perry team that simply didn't give up many points.

I'll trade the 1994 McKinley over Massillon 27-20 playoff win for the 1994 regular season OT lose in the 100th game.

Jackson has barely enough marquee wins to do this and not be cheap. :laugh:

So it's a 2-for-1 deal? I'll trade beating Hertler in his final game in 2014 and the 2006 Carlin Isles run from midfield with no time on the clock to beat playoff-bound Lake in order to reverse the 10-9 2001 playoff game.

Neither of those were exactly games with big league/playoff implications though. Those are more like epic plays or program lore. If you trade in the 2001 win over Toledo St. Francis de Sales, that puts Jackson right back at Hoover in week 11, so that doesn't exactly work. I can't trade 2001 Cuyahoga Falls in the playoffs either since that stops the playoff run. Beating 2000 GlenOak at Fawcett was very big when it happened, could trade in that one. OR the 1998/1999 victories over some of Lake's best ever teams. Since the biggest games and wins are always Hoover... maybe one of those upsets over dominant Hoover teams in the 70s.

For St. Edward, I'll trade the 3 title game losses (75,86,03) for every win in the 90's. Where do I get this done? ;) :)

Wasn't there a poster named Levi in the original old JJ Huddle days last century. Real trouble maker, IIRC.

2002 playoffs at Byers. My Warren Raiders vs St Eds. Fourth quarter, Ed’s up by 1; ran the clock down to 0:18 and punted to pin us deep in our own territory. Tough loss for the Raiders.

Wait, never mind. Mario Manningham. I must be thinking of another game.

Wasn't there a poster named Levi in the original old JJ Huddle days last century. Real trouble maker, IIRC.

Perhaps you could have called me a trouble maker but really all I did was defend myself against a plethora of old timers who were used to everyone nodding in agreement to their every word. Truth be told sometimes I took it too far LOL.

Perhaps you could have called me a trouble maker but really all I did was defend myself against a plethora of old timers who were used to everyone nodding in agreement to their every word. Truth be told sometimes I took it too far LOL.
:thumb:

This isn't a fair trade.

Every win someone would 'trade' is already known to not eventually result in a state championship, so in most cases the loss is something major, possibly the furthest a team ever made it in the playoffs or in a state championship.

A fair trade would be: Would you be willing to go two straight seasons winless, and you had to sit through all twenty losses, home or away, and they weren't close, either. In exchange for one win. Would you do it?

If your school, such as Shadyside going to a state final and losing, badly, that might be a trade fans would say is quite worth it.

Those were some good times!