TRAC 2021

I believe he got a pretty significant raise per the admin scale at Perrysburg to be their Assistant AD (with a shaken hand agreement that AD was on the table when Jaco retires, which would be a fairly significant bump from the rate at BG. Heard from a few in the district I have drinks with from time to time). Plus Perrysburg is a far more stable district that BG given the last few outcomes of funding requests in their community.
Thanks.

I have no idea what Connor thinks might be the better position, but nothing really binds him to Perrysburg.

If Findlay wanted him, I'm guessing they could match anything P'burg could offer.

I would prefer to live in Findlay over BG & Perrysburg, and my wife's not even from Findlay.

Like I said, I'm just throwing fuel on the fire.

I believe he got a pretty significant raise per the admin scale at Perrysburg to be their Assistant AD (with a shaken hand agreement that AD was on the table when Jaco retires, which would be a fairly significant bump from the rate at BG. Heard from a few in the district I have drinks with from time to time). Plus Perrysburg is a far more stable district that BG given the last few outcomes of funding requests in their community.

Jaco is only 46-47.

Not only that but I see some sections of the district are actually trying to defect to the likes of Otsego, PH & Elmwood. Crazy stuff.

I'd be hesitant to work at BG as there's a ton of drama in that community. Levy situation is a mess & the superintendent seems mildly crazy. Haha I saw him have to get separated at BG restaurant from fighting a dude once before graduating. Just was eating food with family & then bam, some live entertainment

Just to throw fuel on the fire ...

New P'burg coach Dirk Connor's wife is from Findlay and I believe he was a finalist for that job a year ago.

IF you're hoping to join the NLL, it doesn't seem like a good idea to hire Perrysburg's football coach away from them.

He also got to bring along Mike Ward to be his defensive coordinator.

IF you're hoping to join the NLL, it doesn't seem like a good idea to hire Perrysburg's football coach away from them.
You think the kids at Perrysburg will be upset that a coach they have never played for went somewhere else?

But it's OK for P'burg to hire BG's coach?

C'mon man.

You think the kids at Perrysburg will be upset that a coach they have never played for went somewhere else?

But it's OK for P'burg to hire BG's coach?

C'mon man.
I didn't mean their kids would be upset, more like their administration. But I'm all for him coming to Findlay and getting the search over fast.

So is this happening or not? Hearing both sides for and against. Seems that its in a tug of war at the moment.

Bumping thread to ask if anyone's heard of any candidates for the Findlay job. Any Findlay posters got any leads or speculation as to who it would be?

IF Findlay actually leaves this job could be kind of crucial as to the direction of the program, especially considering the talent they have coming up with that DE of theirs

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything about number of applicants or anyone being considered. My speculation is that it will be someone with ties to the U of Findlay. Also, I have a very poor record of speculation. :D

I haven't heard anything about number of applicants or anyone being considered. My speculation is that it will be someone with ties to the U of Findlay. Also, I have a very poor record of speculation. :D
At this point, any speculation is welcome. Surprised this isn’t more of a larger topic considering how much promise they’ve shown in their program. They could very well finish second in TRAC play this year and give Central a tough time.

Is Findlay usually cloak and dagger when it comes to this type of stuff?

At this point, any speculation is welcome. Surprised this isn’t more of a larger topic considering how much promise they’ve shown in their program. They could very well finish second in TRAC play this year and give Central a tough time.

Is Findlay usually cloak and dagger when it comes to this type of stuff?
Yes, very much cloak and dagger. I found out, after the fact, that some close relatives knew Pees was leaving but were told not to say anything and they didn't. :rolleyes::(

Bumping thread to ask if anyone's heard of any candidates for the Findlay job. Any Findlay posters got any leads or speculation as to who it would be?

IF Findlay actually leaves this job could be kind of crucial as to the direction of the program, especially considering the talent they have coming up with that DE of theirs
Stefan Adams got the job.

Got the notification that they named him as HC and I feel psychic-ish. Don’t know a lot about him, anyone care to give me the rap?

Got the notification that they named him as HC and I feel psychic-ish. Don’t know a lot about him, anyone care to give me the rap?
Been a head coach twice I believe and hasn’t won many game at either. However, he teaches at Findlay and I guess the kids really like him.

Guidance counselor at one of the middle schools. Last year head coach at Riverdale. I believe he was an assistant coach at Findlay HS in past and at University of Findlay.
1614038750193.png

From FHS website

Findlay High School is pleased to announce the hiring of Stefan Adams as the next head football coach for the Findlay Trojans. Following the success and leadership of Matt Pees, Stefan rejoins the Trojans after spending two years as an assistant coach from 2017-2019 in Findlay. Stefan’s enthusiasm and commitment to our “Culture of Champions” will continue to drive the goals and mission of Findlay City Schools. Stefan believes in education-based athletics and is looking forward to enhancing the fundamental development of youth athletics and Trojan Pride within our community.

“Stefan’s relationships with our student-athletes and community will provide a seamless transition honoring our “Tradition of Excellence” at Findlay High School. We are blessed to have Stefan return to our football program where he is currently a school counselor. His experience and genuine care and concern for our youth has been inspirational” from Nate Weihrauch Director of Athletics Findlay High School.

Stefan resides in Findlay with his wife Kresana and has spent the last six years as a school counselor within the Findlay City School District. Stefan played college football at Bloomsburg University where he received both his Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Communication Studies and School Counseling. From 2014 through 2017 he was an assistant football coach with the Oilers at the University of Findlay and from 2010-2014 was an assistant coach at Bloomsburg University. The Findlay Athletic Department and Findlay City Schools welcome Coach Stefan Adams back to Findlay Trojan Football and Friday Night Lights at Donnell Stadium. Go Trojans!

Not overly excited about this hire! Doesn’t have a very good track record as a head coach! Maybe he will prove me wrong but just doesn’t seem like the right guy for the job.
Great guy. Kids love him and he will get the kids excited...BUT, Findlay should have gone outside for a hire. Someone new who will bring in a totally new staff. WAY TOO MANY assistants who are dads. Also, I think the AD had someone else in mind but the hiring/interview committee know that they can have influence on Adams choices. Not a great hire IMO. Feel bad for Riverdale, those kids were all in.

My guess is nearly every new coach hired anywhere is met with negative comments and detractors who think their school messed up and could have done much better. They think that the imaginary coach their school didn't hire is out their winning title after title for the school that hired him. The truth that I know is that Stefan Adams is loved and respected by parents and students alike. He has a winning personality that draws kids to him. Will Findlay lose games? Of course they will, now it's time to step back and give the man a chance.

These "kids love him," hires .... never seem to go well. Wish him the best though. You do need someone to get the kids in the door. He'll have his chance to show training and x's and o's. Tough job by any measure and that has to be respected.