TRAC 2021

Competitive Findlay Football: June 2020 - January 2021
Findlay fans punching the air right now.

Can't imagine how that feels to see all that future promise disappear. I wonder who is going to replace him if it is indeed to be believed.

Findlay fans punching the air right now.

Can't imagine how that feels to see all that future promise disappear. I wonder who is going to replace him if it is indeed to be believed.

Yeah, that's a tough situation, but they had to understand it was incredibly likely that he wouldn't be around very long. Any guy who coached in the NFL and is under 50 is probably not going to be gung-ho about staying in HS that long.

Yeah, that's a tough situation, but they had to understand it was incredibly likely that he wouldn't be around very long. Any guy who coached in the NFL and is under 50 is probably not going to be gung-ho about staying in HS that long.
Probably, but I'm definitely sure they didn't see him leaving after only one year! That definitely hurts more than having him leave after 3-4 seasons.

Pre-emptive Findlay coaching search thread when?

Probably, but I'm definitely sure they didn't see him leaving after only one year! That definitely hurts more than having him leave after 3-4 seasons.

Pre-emptive Findlay coaching search thread when?
Give it about an hour and it will be the new hot thread on yappi

Then, why bother?

Because they ended up getting like 100+ students out for football for the first time in YEARS and it re-energized the program for a lot of people. Will that continue? Who knows...but it definitely helped give life to a program that was clearly languishing under a long-tenured staff.

Yeah that was never happening! Maybe St. Johns but not LB

Fine...SOMEWHERE else. They lost more players in the tail end of the Ritzler tenure than anyone would've ever expected...without Pees/are-energizing coach, they don't have the turnout they got this past fall in the program and likely would've had more of a talent exodus. I'm just saying, even if it was one year with this guy, it got the city and the players more excited about playing for Findlay than they had been for years prior.

Just to throw fuel on the fire ...

New P'burg coach Dirk Connor's wife is from Findlay and I believe he was a finalist for that job a year ago.

Fine...SOMEWHERE else. They lost more players in the tail end of the Ritzler tenure than anyone would've ever expected...without Pees/are-energizing coach, they don't have the turnout they got this past fall in the program and likely would've had more of a talent exodus. I'm just saying, even if it was one year with this guy, it got the city and the players more excited about playing for Findlay than they had been for years prior.
I was really excited to see TCC play Findlay this year before it got cancelled because of the dang Covid. Hopefully we can get a full matchup this year with the same excitement.

The question remains, though. Who takes over for Pees? Even though it's early, any frontrunners for the job?

Just to throw fuel on the fire ...

New P'burg coach Dirk Connor's wife is from Findlay and I believe he was a finalist for that job a year ago.

Eh...I'm thinking he landed in a better spot honestly. Growing school, clearly a history of success and being a top dog in their CURRENT conference, plus lots of young talent in there...If they still live in BG, it wouldn't be a hard logistical switch, but he got a nice deal to move up to PBurg.

Eh...I'm thinking he landed in a better spot honestly. Growing school, clearly a history of success and being a top dog in their CURRENT conference, plus lots of young talent in there...If they still live in BG, it wouldn't be a hard logistical switch, but he got a nice deal to move up to PBurg.
Connor lived in Findlay and moved to BG when he became AD/HFC.

What kind of deal did he get at Perrysburg? Anything beyond the district's negotiated agreement?

Connor lived in Findlay and moved to BG when he became AD/HFC.

What kind of deal did he get at Perrysburg? Anything beyond the district's negotiated agreement?

I believe he got a pretty significant raise per the admin scale at Perrysburg to be their Assistant AD (with a shaken hand agreement that AD was on the table when Jaco retires, which would be a fairly significant bump from the rate at BG. Heard from a few in the district I have drinks with from time to time). Plus Perrysburg is a far more stable district that BG given the last few outcomes of funding requests in their community.