TRAC 2021

Didn’t look to great vs Avon Lake last season...
They lost by two because Vargas was inconsistent, their special teams was abysmal, and they should've ran the ball on the last drive. Their defensive play in that game was dominant, and it'll continue to be next year as well, along with their usual offensive weapons. Central will be fine.

Last edited:
They lost by two because Vargas was inconsistent, their special teams was abysmal, and they should've ran the ball on the last drive. Their defensive play in that game was dominant, and it'll continue to be next year as well, along with their usual offensive weapons. Central will be fine.

Side note: given the current state of things, you might want to consider changing your name soon..

and you'll be running out of threads about your team's conference. Crazy world. Adjustments will be made. I imagine that poster didn't need your juvenile advice.

Last edited:
Being pretty familiar with the Toledo metro and the main leagues (TRAC, NLL, City), with all of the talk about league shakeups I have a serious question: if the NLL could shed say Napoleon and poach Clay, what incentive would the NLL schools have to help the other TRAC publics break from the TRAC privates?

Unless I'm missing something, the NLL would be just about perfect as far as size, geography and demographics if they could squeeze Clay in for either Napoleon or Maumee. Why bother competing against Whitmer in football and basketball or with making conference road trips to Findlay and Ross?

Being pretty familiar with the Toledo metro and the main leagues (TRAC, NLL, City), with all of the talk about league shakeups I have a serious question: if the NLL could shed say Napoleon and poach Clay, what incentive would the NLL schools have to help the other TRAC publics break from the TRAC privates?

Unless I'm missing something, the NLL would be just about perfect as far as size, geography and demographics if they could squeeze Clay in for either Napoleon or Maumee. Why bother competing against Whitmer in football and basketball or with making conference road trips to Findlay and Ross?

Fremont was not wanted in the current NLL due to “demographics”. That’s why they went for Napoleon

Fremont was not wanted in the current NLL due to “demographics”. That’s why they went for Napoleon

Okay, I can buy the "demographics" argument as prior to adding Napoleon the other seven schools are six suburban schools and BG which is in a college town.

Okay, I can buy the "demographics" argument as prior to adding Napoleon the other seven schools are six suburban schools and BG which is in a college town.
They’re nice upper middle class towns. Let’s be honest, the NLL is the “nice suburbs” league of the area. Why the hell would they want Fremont Ross? Also that drive from Sylvania or Holland to Fremont would suck bad

They’re nice upper middle class towns. Let’s be honest, the NLL is the “nice suburbs” league of the area. Why the hell would they want Fremont Ross? Also that drive from Sylvania or Holland to Fremont would suck bad
Hey! Fremont City Schools has a solid chunk of Ballville Twp in the district. Why do you think Ross does decent in Swimming and Tennis?

I have Mom in Ballville and brother in Sylvania. It's not that bad. Ha!

Fremont was never part of the discussion.

Napoleon and Clay had been lobbying the NLL for several years and had once presented a plan for a 10 team league. When Rossford left Clay was the frontrunner, but lost out when Napoleon did a better job of selling themselves.

Plus Fremont is 10 minutes farther away from a very compact league with minimal travel times. Racial minorities in Fremont had nothing to do with it.

Some people believe that race is the determining factor in every situation, but it almost never is.

Last edited:
When we are referring to specific teams not getting in, is this referencing past troubles with teams not making it to the NLL or are we saying that not all the teams previously thought to go are making it in?

There will always be losers and winners in expansion, I’m sorry Perrysburg and AW don’t want to face schools there own size but they have to deal with it. Why are we waiting for the day a school with roughly 1000 boys in it wants to accept the reality of being the 2nd biggest school in NWO? It amazes me that some of you say Maumee and Clay should just keep waiting for better options or dominos to fall as another group of athletes watches their hs career pass by. I’m sure a couple of years doesn’t seem like a big deal to many of you but if you asked the people who matter, the students, I bet they’d disagree.

The problem with just substituting Clay for Maumee is that you’re just delaying the inevitable. How long before Napoleon wants out then? You can add Ross next but do you really think BG will want to stay when PB and AW double their enrollment once Nap and Maumee leave? So who do you add next once they’re gone? We can keep patching things together or actually solve the problem. The leagues in NWO (NLL, TRAC, NBC, NWOAL) have to many issues as constructed, a big and massive overhaul is the only way that things can be sustained in the long term.

There will always be losers and winners in expansion, I’m sorry Perrysburg and AW don’t want to face schools there own size but they have to deal with it. Why are we waiting for the day a school with roughly 1000 boys in it wants to accept the reality of being the 2nd biggest school in NWO? It amazes me that some of you say Maumee and Clay should just keep waiting for better options or dominos to fall as another group of athletes watches their hs career pass by. I’m sure a couple of years doesn’t seem like a big deal to many of you but if you asked the people who matter, the students, I bet they’d disagree.
Perrysburg and AW are not obligated to leave the NLL and go to a league where it will be more difficult to be win perhaps causing their kids to have lower self-esteem so that kids at Maumee and Clay can be in a league where is easier to win so that their kids can perhaps have higher self-esteem.

The problem with just substituting Clay for Maumee is that you’re just delaying the inevitable. How long before Napoleon wants out then? You can add Ross next but do you really think BG will want to stay when PB and AW double their enrollment once Nap and Maumee leave? So who do you add next once they’re gone? We can keep patching things together or actually solve the problem. The leagues in NWO (NLL, TRAC, NBC, NWOAL) have to many issues as constructed, a big and massive overhaul is the only way that things can be sustained in the long term.
Where do Maumee, Napoleon, and BG go?

Perrysburg and AW are not obligated to leave the NLL and go to a league where it will be more difficult to be win perhaps causing their kids to have lower self-esteem so that kids at Maumee and Clay can be in a league where is easier to win so that their kids can perhaps have higher self-esteem.

You’re right, they can keep the NLL name and everyone else could leave them alone to figure it out.
This isn’t about “easier to win”, it’s what is best for the students. It’s creating leagues with balance and competition. Do you really believe AW and Perrysburg students won’t be able to handle competing with equal sized schools? It will lower their self-esteem to occasionally lose? How you can say that and don’t understand why they should leave when they’re taking teams to the woodshed who have half their enrollment.

I don't know that Napoleon has anywhere to go. This idea of having a massive trail of dominoes realigning everything may sound good or logical on paper, but for whatever flaws they have the NLL and NWOAL both have long-term stability and continuity that they have to be willing to sacrifice for large-scale change across the region to occur. The same with the WBL further to the south. Push comes to shove, I have serious doubts they will be willing to blow themselves up and have sweeping change.

The TRAC is a league of convenience that also happens to be pretty good.

If there are several changes, I think the notion that it will a top-down ripple effect starting with the largest schools may be a severely misguided idea. IMO it probably has to be bottom-up, with some of the smaller leagues realigning or clearing space first for a Napoleon or a Maumee to fill a slot and create a necessity for addition on the behalf of the NLL.

Last edited:
Fremont was never part of the discussion.

Napoleon and Clay had been lobbying the NLL for several years and had once presented a plan for a 10 team league. When Rossford left Clay was the frontrunner, but lost out when Napoleon did a better job of selling themselves.

Plus Fremont is 10 minutes farther away from a very compact league with minimal travel times. Racial minorities in Fremont had nothing to do with it.

Some people believe that race is the determining factor in every situation, but it almost never is.
That was exactly what I was told. Napoleon’s presentation as to why they should be in the league blew away clay’s. I don’t know the details, but the comment was also made to me that clay (maybe through scheduling) had “burned some bridges with a lot of NLL schools, which caused them to vote for Napoleon instead.

Lol. Good luck getting the various school boards to vote “yes” on this

If there are several changes, I think the notion that it will a top-down ripple effect starting with the largest schools may be a severely misguided idea. IMO it probably has to be bottom-up, with some of the smaller leagues realigning or clearing space first for a Napoleon or a Maumee to fill a slot and create a necessity on the behalf of the NLL.

Name a league either of those schools could fit in? It doesn’t exist. The NBC and Maumee won’t happen. Unless the Nwoal loses everyone but Bryan and Wauseon there isn’t another league with more than 1 school that would fit with Maumee, Napoleon or BG. Unless those schools and Defiance come together little else will work.

I don't know that Napoleon has anywhere to go. This idea of having a massive trail of dominoes realigning everything may sound good or logical on paper, but for whatever flaws they have the NLL and NWOAL both have long-term stability and continuity that they have to be willing to sacrifice for large-scale change across the region to occur. The same with the WBL further to the south. Push comes to shove, I have serious doubts they will be willing to blow themselves up and have sweeping change.

The TRAC is a league of convenience that also happens to be pretty good.

If there are several changes, I think the notion that it will a top-down ripple effect starting with the largest schools may be a severely misguided idea. IMO it probably has to be bottom-up, with some of the smaller leagues realigning or clearing space first for a Napoleon or a Maumee to fill a slot and create a necessity on the behalf of the NLL.
Agreed. I was told that maumee is very hesitant about this and is taking a “wait and see” approach as they would like to be in the NBC. I was also told that the admins would be ok with maumee in the SBC, but feel that the community would never go for it because of travel times.

Name a league either of those schools could fit in? It doesn’t exist. The NBC and Maumee won’t happen. Unless the Nwoal loses everyone but Bryan and Wauseon there isn’t another league with more than 1 school that would fit with Maumee, Napoleon or BG. Unless those schools and Defiance come together little else will work.

I believe you just made a compelling argument for this being a case of there being a lot of smoke but upon closer observation limited to no fire.