TRAC 2021

View attachment 13411

Why did he note the TAAC? Are there any teams trying to leave/join it?

Also, what are some possible scenarios for the privates? Could they become a league affiliate for some sports and be independent in other ones? Interesting to see what they do

not much left of the TAAC and Northwood has been heavily involved in looking around.

The TAAC is basically on life support in football. Northwood after going 10-0 and missing would love to get out. OH has long been an NWOAL target and I'd imagine could be again if they're raided. SBC right now seems like they'll take anyone. Edon and Hilltop don't have big numbers and IMO could eventually join Stryker and TC in playing 8 man.

I wouldn't be shocked if the TAAC dies, or at least is a shell of itself and merges with the BBC.

The TAAC is basically on life support in football. Northwood after going 10-0 and missing would love to get out. OH has long been an NWOAL target and I'd imagine could be again if they're raided. SBC right now seems like they'll take anyone. Edon and Hilltop don't have big numbers and IMO could eventually join Stryker and TC in playing 8 man.

I wouldn't be shocked if the TAAC dies, or at least is a shell of itself and merges with the BBC.

I don’t think you’ll see any official merger. I think someone like Stritch and Toledo Christian would just become independent.

What does everyone see happening with Central, SFS and SJJ?
Doesn't seem like anyone wants them. I could see them going independent in some sports or altogether, playing each other and NLL teams early in season or other teams (Central usually travels to or hosts teams out of state, so they can stay steady, not sure about SJJ or SFS, but they'll probably be fine). I could see them playing schools like Stritch or TC for basketball if they need to schedule.

AFAIK, their ADs definitely knew some of what was going on and were probably prepared for it. They will survive, even with the loss of the TRAC and another mixed private/public league.

Strack's inclusion of everyone in NW Ohio has to be a reference to the "trickle effect". Not going to be moves by schools in all those leagues at once. No way.

that's the first joke I ever heard you tell,.... that worked.

Well honestly I would hope this voucher would be used for academics only. If I'm in charge, it prohibits athletics. They can endow their recruits like civilized pimps. School is for learning. And then maybe we could have peace in the valley and they could implement that dynamically aligned conference you've been proposing since before many others pretended the idea was theirs. And then let the privates into it so NW Ohio athletics and schools can be the family of people they should be.

If they were included and information from 2 AD's and my media sources:

Conference 1;
AW
Perrysburg
Whitmer
Findlay
Bedford
Monroe
Clay (will someone explain to me why this makes sense for Clay and Ross to jump to a bigger school alignment)
Springfield
Ross
plus each school gets 2 non conference games

Conference 2:
Sylvania Southview
Sylvania Northview
Maumee
Napoleon
Rossford
Wauseon
Bowling Green
Genoa or Oak Harbor
Monroe St. Mary Catholic

I have heard that there will be a voting initial proposal led this week. The priority is the "big" conference" first then the second tier conference. There would also be a designated cross over game each year based on enrollment. League games would start week 1 to work with the Michigan schools. I am also hearing many schools with loyal connections to the Catholic schools like Whitmer, Ross, AW, Perrysburg would still play CC, SFS, SJJ. This proposal is led by admin from Whitmer and Findlay. As for new schools I could see Bedford brought back into the fray but I have a hard time seeing either Monroe school committing. Monroe High is the big dawg enrollment wise in their conference and Monroe St Mary is the smallest school in their league and has had a ton of success even as a D6 in Ohio (I think they have just over 300 students enrollment wise) so I don't see why they would jump when they just won a state title in 2019. I would also wonder why Wauseon or Genoa would jump as well. Again, don't take my word as concrete, this is coming from 1 AD, 1 assistant AD, and 1 member of the Toledo media. I believe by next Friday you will have a preview of what football in Toledo area, going off NLL and TRAC bylaws, what football will look like for the 2023 season.

As a former resident and taxpayer of the city of Sylvania it really works out for the schools in the "small school" division. This is a great chance for all schools involved to make a run and build up their playoff points. On the other hand, the "big school" divisison I am not sure what to think. I just feel like it is watered down with Toledo CC and SJJ taken out of the fray. I know many schools would continue to play them as non conference but still.....just disappointing for all schools involved and I'm sure while many ADs may have hated losing to the private schools, I am sure they did not mind the gate money from them traveling to their respective schools. All in all, the TRAC & NLL are merging but teling the Catholic schools to get lost I-R-O-N-Y

Best of luck to all the schools involved. I hope they have taken into account A-L-L of their sports, not just football, who my son who will be wrester mainly at Clay in 2021-2022 is looking forward to. Even though as his dad I don't understand the move for all sports.
I would say that the chances of any Michigan schools being included would be between zero and none.

Conference 1;
AW
Perrysburg
Whitmer
Findlay
Bedford
Monroe
Clay (will someone explain to me why this makes sense for Clay and Ross to jump to a bigger school alignment)
Springfield
Ross

Conference 2:
Sylvania Southview
Sylvania Northview
Maumee
Napoleon
Rossford
Wauseon
Bowling Green
Genoa or Oak Harbor
Monroe St. Mary Catholic

I have heard that there will be a voting initial proposal led this week. The priority is the "big" conference" first then the second tier conference. There would also be a designated cross over game each year based on enrollment. League games would start week 1 to work with the Michigan schools. I am also hearing many schools with loyal connections to the Catholic schools like Whitmer, Ross, AW, Perrysburg would still play CC, SFS, SJJ. This proposal is led by admin from Whitmer and Findlay. As for new schools I could see Bedford brought back into the fray but I have a hard time seeing either Monroe school committing. Monroe High is the big dawg enrollment wise in their conference and Monroe St Mary is the smallest school in their league and has had a ton of success even as a D6 in Ohio (I think they have just over 300 students enrollment wise) so I don't see why they would jump when they just won a state title in 2019. I would also wonder why Wauseon or Genoa would jump as well. Again, don't take my word as concrete, this is coming from 1 AD, 1 assistant AD, and 1 member of the Toledo media. I believe by next Friday you will have a preview of what football in Toledo area, going off NLL and TRAC bylaws, what football will look like for the 2023 season.

As a former resident and taxpayer of the city of Sylvania it really works out for the schools in the "small school" division. This is a great chance for all schools involved to make a run and build up their playoff points. On the other hand, the "big school" divisison I am not sure what to think. I just feel like it is watered down with Toledo CC and SJJ taken out of the fray. I know many schools would continue to play them as non conference but still.....just disappointing for all schools involved and I'm sure while many ADs may have hated losing to the private schools, I am sure they did not mind the gate money from them traveling to their respective schools. All in all, the TRAC & NLL are merging but teling the Catholic schools to get lost I-R-O-N-Y

Best of luck to all the schools involved. I hope they have taken into account A-L-L of their sports, not just football, who my son who will be wrester mainly at Clay in 2021-2022 is looking forward to. Even though as his dad I don't understand the move for all sports.
Southview, Northview and Genoa? Are you high sir?

I would be shocked if any of the local schools schedule CC, SJ, or SF non leagues football. They will be forced to travel and play all the other Catholic schools around the state. Doesn’t make sense for any of the bigger schools in the area to play them if you don’t have to. The goal “should” be to force CC to play an all Catholic schedule, hope they go 5-5 and maybe some of the kids within the city will reconsider going there. Vouchers are killing public schools in football, why help the schools who are taking all of the best athletes.

Conference 1;
AW
Perrysburg
Whitmer
Findlay
Bedford
Monroe
Springfield
Ross

Conference 2:
Sylvania Southview
Sylvania Northview
Maumee
Napoleon
Rossford
Wauseon
Bowling Green
Genoa or Oak Harbor
Monroe St. Mary Catholic

I think you’ve been given some bad info

What does everyone see happening with Central, SFS and SJJ?

A whole lot of travel using the turnpike and 75.

I imagine they will get some local opponents, but this signals to me that they aren't wanted on any consistent basis by the TRAC and NLL schools. They better get used to racking up milage with trips to Cleveland, Detroit, Fort Wayne, and probably also on occasion Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.

CC is no stranger to travel, they were scheduled to go to Cleveland and play someone there pre-COVID, and they went to Detroit CC to play there too a couple years back. If they want to play they definitely will go to those who will play, but I still see them playing some teams here (Whitmer, P-Burg, AW?), along with the privates playing amongst themselves. I can see them playing and succeeding at their current level (sans the same 12-0 record every year, losses will happen), even with this traveling. The weird thing is I don't really think SFS or SJJ have done the same, but they'll probably be fine.

As for the voucher system, it needs a complete overhaul. The whole "failing school district based on testing" is stupid and in many cases misleading, and taking away money from the district is stupider. It should have been based on income level the entire time, and that money should've been pulled from the state, not the district. Not only is it used to pull kids away from these districts, but it also is used by people who do not need it. This is mainly one of the reasons Central's numbers are high, because while some of these kids are the athletes people (rightfully) harp on, the majority of them are kids whose families could have paid with their money plus scholarships, but used EdChoice vouchers as extra money because they qualified for it. I have heard that there is a bill in the State Legislature to try and reform EdChoice, not sure of its progress though.

A whole lot of travel using the turnpike and 75.

I imagine they will get some local opponents, but this signals to me that they aren't wanted on any consistent basis by the TRAC and NLL schools. They better get used to racking up milage with trips to Cleveland, Detroit, Fort Wayne, and probably also on occasion Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.

Fort Wayne is out. The SAC has 10 teams and a full round robin with no league games. Unless Luers and Dwenger leave, they're unavailable.

Conference 1;
AW
Perrysburg
Whitmer
Findlay
Bedford
Monroe
Springfield
Ross

Conference 2:
Sylvania Southview
Sylvania Northview
Maumee
Napoleon
Rossford
Wauseon
Bowling Green
Genoa or Oak Harbor
Monroe St. Mary Catholic

Why is Northview in the small school division? They have more students than Clay, Ross, and Springfield.

9 team divisions means that somebody is playing a nonleague game every week. Which means somebody is playing one of the Catholic schools or travelling to who knows where ever week. Drop two schools and go to 8 team divisions and scheduling gets a lot easier.

I posted this in other threads .. i’ll post it on this one. but i’ve heard from an AD & a superintendent on what the new league would look like. as of now, these are the schools they have so far.

what the new league would look like after the realignment. possibly the new NLL.

BIG SCHOOL:
Whitmer
Perrysburg
Findlay
Anthony Wayne
Northview
Fre. Ross
Springfield
O. Clay

SMALL SCHOOL:
Southview
Bowling Green
Defiance
Maumee
Napoleon
Bryan
Wauseon

Fort Wayne is out. The SAC has 10 teams and a full round robin with no league games. Unless Luers and Dwenger leave, they're unavailable.

I learned something new today then, as I was thinking Luers and Dwenger were probably about to become frequent football opponents.

Depending on how non-conference scheduling shakes out, I feel like those two could still become fairly frequent opponents in hoops and some of the other sports.

Could the 3 Private Schools get out of the OHSAA and form a Tri State Catholic League?
There would be no consequences in recruiting if out of OHSAA.

I learned something new today then, as I was thinking Luers and Dwenger were probably about to become frequent football opponents.

Depending on how non-conference scheduling shakes out, I feel like those two could still become fairly frequent opponents in hoops and some of the other sports.
Indianapolis Cathedral, Brebeauf, Roncalli

Conference 1;
AW
Perrysburg
Whitmer
Findlay
Bedford
Monroe
Springfield
Ross

Conference 2:
Sylvania Southview
Sylvania Northview
Maumee
Napoleon
Rossford
Wauseon
Bowling Green
Genoa or Oak Harbor
Monroe St. Mary Catholic

The Michigan schools moving from their conferences is really far fetched.

Could the 3 Private Schools get out of the OHSAA and form a Tri State Catholic League?
There would be no consequences in recruiting if out of OHSAA.
OHSAA has really pandered to the Catholic schools across the state for fear of this happening. No one wants to see this happen but it might be inevitable due to the nature of their current business model vs their business model from yesteryear.

When I attended a local all-boys Catholic 90% of my 225 member class came from local Catholic grade schools. The same can be said of the other all boys HS and TCC. Around 2000-2010 things changed. Toledo used to have roughly 75 Catholic elementary schools as opposed to maybe 15 today. They lost their feeders. Prior to 2000-2010 the Catholic's poached non-Catholic kids but today I would say the majority of their kids are actually non-Catholic. Today, they are more private than Catholic IMO. They are in pure survival mode (at all costs).

So fast forward to today, when Lucas County imposes a ban and the Catholic schools disregard, and then these same public districts who used to play nice see their athletes looking to leave, well, the gloves are off. The same can be said with the expansion of vouchers. The private schools are poaching the public schools more desirable kids and it is only going to get worse.

Let TCC have to schedule other Catholic powers, go 5-5, and incur more cost. I have always been against separation (private/public) but the deck is stacked today against the public schools, especially any closed district, that my view is changing. This is even more evident with a school like TCC which has 225 boys and 100 out for football and 7 of which hold DI scholarship offers. That does not just happen and no public in the state, with that same enrollment, comes close to having the same depth or talent. Not even close. They are actively gaming the system, at the expense of public schools around them, for athletic purposes because football makes money.

Last edited:
Could TSF, TCC and SSJ join up in a league with the larger Catholic schools in the Detroit area?

I really don't see them moving out of state/forming a Catholic league with Michigan teams. They'd probably stay independent considering there are definitely still area teams that would schedule them (maybe 1 or 2), play the other privates, and just travel/have teams travel to them to play. TCC did just schedule St. Ed's, but to think that all they'll schedule are teams like Ed's is something that's not going to happen. I don't see them going undefeated (obviously), but they'll probably be in the vein of their early 2010s teams (9-3, 10-2, etc.) because of the talent that is still there.

Hopefully EdChoice gets overhauled soon and all this inter-school turmoil subsides, and we can see either a return of the TRAC, a mega NLL with the privates included in the "large division" and (somewhat) level competition, or something else that makes (mostly) everyone happy, but to say this is wishful thinking is an understatement...

I would be shocked if any of the local schools schedule CC, SJ, or SF non leagues football. They will be forced to travel and play all the other Catholic schools around the state. Doesn’t make sense for any of the bigger schools in the area to play them if you don’t have to. The goal “should” be to force CC to play an all Catholic schedule, hope they go 5-5 and maybe some of the kids within the city will reconsider going there. Vouchers are killing public schools in football, why help the schools who are taking all of the best athletes.

What a joke. Vouchers are 'killing public schools'. Should families be forced to send their kids to the school you tell them? They arent your kids. If vouchers were killing public schools, then all Catholic schools would dominate the public schools. Some do because of good coaching and a good program. Others do not. I dont see St. Francis and St. Johns dominating everyone in football. Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne are very wealthy school systems that have a ton of advantages over others.

What a joke. Vouchers are 'killing public schools'. Should families be forced to send their kids to the school you tell them? They arent your kids. If vouchers were killing public schools, then all Catholic schools would dominate the public schools. Some do because of good coaching and a good program. Others do not. I dont see St. Francis and St. Johns dominating everyone in football. Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne are very wealthy school systems that have a ton of advantages over others.
To be completely honest, they are stealing money and kids from these districts that are screwed over by misleading tests, and being used by people who do not need them, so I would definitely say it is fair to come to the conclusions that they are harming public schools. While I do agree people should have a choice as to where their kid goes to school, abusing a broken program is not the way to go.

What a joke. Vouchers are 'killing public schools'. Should families be forced to send their kids to the school you tell them?

Nope and they are not. tThey can pay to send their kids to any non-open enrollment, non-state rules compliant school they care to. And you know what? It's LEGAL!!!! Heck, many of those private schools have endowments that if your child can bounce a ball, they will let them in at a discount. :ROFLMAO:

Try to stay up on this debate. At least argue the hard to debate points.

Look what EdChoice has done to Washington Local. Whitmer might have 1-2 guys who could touch the field for Central. EdChoice was about to smash Public schools even worse before Covid put it on the back burner.
My point was it is destroying Public Schools in football. You bring up PB and AW, who do fine because they don’t play the Catholics.
If Central has such great coaches, let’s see what they do now. Didn’t look to great vs Avon Lake last season...