Toyota USATF Outdoor Championships

runohio

Here are a few Ohioans at the Toyota USATF Outdoor Championships – Please list other Ohio athletes and performances…
Clayton Murphy in 800 meters finals Sunday
Jacob Edwards 3:45.13 – 1500 meters
Emily Richards 2:05.83 – 800 meters

Men
Trevor Bassitt 14.13 - 110m Hurdles and 51.09 - 400m Hurdles (Bluffton HS, Ashland U.)
Quincy Downing 50.16 - 400m Hurdles (Cleveland Glenville HS, Louisiana St.)
Jacob Edwards 3:45.13 - 1500m (Delaware Hayes HS, Ohio State)
Willy Fink 28:45.57 - 10,000m and 13:49.02 - 5000m (Maumee HS, Eastern Michigan)
Brannon Kidder 1:46.98 - 800m (Lancaster HS, Penn St.)
Jordan Latimer 7.83 - Long Jump (Huber Heights Wayne HS, Akron)
Matt Ludwig NH - Pole Vault (Lake Catholic HS, Akron)
Clayton Murphy 1:46.01 - 800m (Tri-Village HS, Akron), 2nd place
Marcus Myers 67.32 - Hammer Throw (Patrick Henry HS, Walsh U.)
Sam Prakel 3:46.09 - 1500m (Versailles HS, Oregon)
Myles Pringle 46.03 - 400m Dash (Cincinnati Northwest HS, Ashland U.)
Riak Reese 10.52 - 100m Dash (Gahanna Lincoln HS, Kent St.)
Jamiel Trimble 20.46 - 200m (Cincinnati Northwest HS, Air Force Academy)

Women
Jade Barber 13.72 - 100m Hurdles (Midpark HS, Notre Dame)
Kaila Barber 58.58 - 400m Hurdles (Midpark HS, Notre Dame)
Tianna Bartoletta 5.66 - Long Jump (Elyria HS, Tennessee)
Jessica Beard 51.28 - 400m Dash (Euclid HS, Texas A&M), by placing in the top 6, she could be chosen to compete in the 4x400 at the World Championships.
Sarah Berger 10:19.77 - 3000m Steeplechase (Wadsworth HS, Walsh U.)
Katie Nageotte 4.80 - Pole Vault (Olmsted Falls HS, Ashland U.), 2nd place
Maddy Pollard 15.85 - Shot Put (Anthony Wayne HS, Indiana)
Emily Richards 2:05.83 - 800m (Delaware Hayes HS, Ohio Northern)

Any others?

Last edited:
Bartoletta looked absolutely terrible yesterday jumping off her other foot. She looked out of shape as well. Hope all is well with her otherwise.

Totally forgot Sam Prakel in the 1500 (Versailles HS, Oregon). He was around 6th or 7th in a kickers’ race. Some dude with a mullet and a mustache just won it.

Also forgot Cincinnati Northwest HS's Jamiel Trimble, who just got 4th in the 200m with 20.46 sec.

Also forgot Cincinnati Northwest HS's Jamiel Trimble, who just got 4th in the 200m with 20.46 sec.

I didn't forget him because I never knew he was from Ohio. Unfortunately, I haven't kept up with the entire statewide scene in recent years as closely as I used to. Nonetheless, I apologize for omitting him from the list above.

UPDATE: I placed all athletes mentioned in this thread into my list and added in performances for those who competed on Sunday. Those who have the possibility of competing at the World Championships have been bolded.

Last edited:
Jamiel Trimble was a senior at Northwest high school in 2013 and finished 3rd in the 300mH in 38.24 and anchored the winning 4 x 100 relay in 41,28 at the Ohio high school state meet.

Bartoletta looked absolutely terrible yesterday jumping off her other foot. She looked out of shape as well. Hope all is well with her otherwise.
Talked to someone who attended the meet. Bartoletta has been battling injuries, namely stress fractures, which forced the change to jumping off her other foot. As you could see, she was still trying to figure it out at the meet. She'll be 34 in a month, so one can only hope that she can get it back together in time to make a viable attempt at defending her Olympic gold medal next year.

Talked to someone who attended the meet. Bartoletta has been battling injuries, namely stress fractures, which forced the change to jumping off her other foot. As you could see, she was still trying to figure it out at the meet. She'll be 34 in a month, so one can only hope that she can get it back together in time to make a viable attempt at defending her Olympic gold medal next year.

Hope so. I've read some of her online blogging, and I'm aware of personal issues she's faced since 2016 to some degree. A lot of change. Hope it comes together.