tOSU vs #24 CORN

It wasn’t sold out by any definition. I checked before the match started and there were two entire rows plus some more available for purchase, in addition to the standing room only tickets. And they never said it was sold out during or online after. But sections are definitely either owned by donors that never show up or they hold them for groups to buy and it never comes to fruition. It’s not like there’s 2-4 seats open scattered throughout. Entire sections or blocks of seats are empty. The bottom part of section 4 is unavailable for purchase for every match, but no one sits there. At this match there were two random guys in the whole section. Even the floor seats were like half empty. And there were huge holes on the tv side of the stands by the mat, what should be the prime seats. At the very least they need to go around and invite people to move down/around after one or two matches. It’s going to look pathetic on FS1 in a few weeks if they don’t at least make the crowd look good on tv.

OSU students couldn’t care less about wrestling. They should take that offer of free tickets and give it to high school kids instead. They will make way more money in concessions and merchandise if they at least get people in the door.

According to OSU wrestling Twitter 2 days before the match it was sold out and only tickets available were Standing Room Only. So by definition if all the tickets were sold it's a sell out. Obviously not everyone that bought tickets showed up as evidenced by the many empty seats I saw while attending the match.

Like I said previously the home opener and VT match were better attended but the crowd that was there got very loud for the Romero and Traub matches

As far as the wrestling goes. The biggest match of the dual was Romero beating the higher ranked Cornell wrestler going into the intermission. That put the Bucks up 13-3 and really set the momentum up for the rest of the dual. Other key victories were Truab at HVY and Malik at 125. Malik didn't have the pressure on him this time of having to get a major or even win for OSU to win the dual since Truab had sealed the dual victory the match before.

Flip the results from 174 & HVY and its 14-12 going into the Malik match. Great win for the Buckeyes but they still have a lot of work to do. The Cliff Keen Invitational is loaded so it will be interesting to see how our guys perform in the toughest tournament besides B10s & NCAAs. There's over 100 ranked individuals there next week

According to OSU wrestling Twitter 2 days before the match it was sold out and only tickets available were Standing Room Only. So by definition if all the tickets were sold it's a sell out. Obviously not everyone that bought tickets showed up as evidenced by the many empty seats I saw while attending the match.

Like I said previously the home opener and VT match were better attended but the crowd that was there got very loud for the Romero and Traub matches
That’s the thing, not all the tickets were sold. You could buy two whole rows of seats on Ticketmaster the same day of the match and some extras. It’s just stupid that they advertised it so hard and probably kept some people from even looking up available tickets who wanted an actual seat. Unfortunately we might have to rely on visiting team fans to sell it out, like CBJ with Red Wings fans. I don’t know why I’m wasting time thinking about it now though.

Congrats to the Buckeyes on the win before packed amazing crowd.

I'm very happy with the start that Kaleb Romero is off to, I know he has worked his tail off. Also great to see Ben Darmstadt get to wrestle back in Ohio and pick-up a win. Those are my guys from back in the day, great wrestlers with great families.

That’s the thing, not all the tickets were sold. You could buy two whole rows of seats on Ticketmaster the same day of the match and some extras. It’s just stupid that they advertised it so hard and probably kept some people from even looking up available tickets who wanted an actual seat. Unfortunately we might have to rely on visiting team fans to sell it out, like CBJ with Red Wings fans. I don’t know why I’m wasting time thinking about it now though.
They may have been holding a few blocks for group sales and released them 24 hours before. Not uncommon.

Seems like there are quite a few people that just stand around the top at the counter tops the entire match or large chunks of it. And there are constantly people up getting food, going to the bathroom, etc. the whole time. I recognize it's not enough to make it full, but there are always a significant number of people up and about and not in their seats.

That’s the thing, not all the tickets were sold. ...

How can we access this ticket information? If you work in the ticket sales department and are not allowed to divulge the information, then don't. No need getting fired. However, if you can provide us with it, share away!

I suppose another option is that you do not work for the university or ticket agency. In that case, could you show how you know that all tickets were not sold?

Unfortunately, through text, the tone cannot be heard. However, do know that I am really wanting to know if you have access to the ticket sales info.

How can we access this ticket information? If you work in the ticket sales department and are not allowed to divulge the information, then don't. No need getting fired. However, if you can provide us with it, share away!

I suppose another option is that you do not work for the university or ticket agency. In that case, could you show how you know that all tickets were not sold?

Unfortunately, through text, the tone cannot be heard. However, do know that I am really wanting to know if you have access to the ticket sales info.

I have season tickets so I already have my seats but I'll periodically check the ticketmaster sales to see how many seats are available because I love seeing the Bucks have sellout crowds. When it was 2 days before the dual and they said it was sold out and that there were a few standing room only still available I went back on ticketmaster and no regular seats were available only SRO which I believe cost $11...The day before or the day of they might have made some available on ticketmaster but I didn't check to see nor did OSU advertise that.