tOSU lineup look 20-21

125- Malik Heinselman/ Ja. Decatur
133- Jo. Decatur
141- Dylan Demillio (Echemandia will be starter here if he can make the cut and doesn’t RS)
149- Sammy Sasso
157- Quinn Kinner (Kinner will fill into this weight over the offseason)
165- Carson Kharchla/ Ethan Smith
174- Kaleb Romero/ Ethan Smith (not ruling out Ethan Smith here)
184- Rocky Jordan (I think Romero is to small for this weight but not ruling it out if he loses his spot at 174)
197- Chase Singletary/ Gavin Hoffman
HWT- Orndoff/ Gas Tank Gary

- Does anyone know if Ke-Shawn Hayes was granted another year of eligibility?

- Why wouldn’t the Bucks redshirt Echemandia? This would allow him to sharpen his tools in folkstyle and step in at 149 during the 21-22 season. Sammy Sasso would go up to 57 during 21-22. It’s already a decent cut for Sasso at 49.

125- Malik Heinselman/ Ja. Decatur
133- Jo. Decatur
141- Dylan Demillio (Echemandia will be starter here if he can make the cut and doesn’t RS)
149- Sammy Sasso
157- Quinn Kinner (Kinner will fill into this weight over the offseason)
165- Carson Kharchla/ Ethan Smith
174- Kaleb Romero/ Ethan Smith (not ruling out Ethan Smith here)
184- Rocky Jordan (I think Romero is to small for this weight but not ruling it out if he loses his spot at 174)
197- Chase Singletary/ Gavin Hoffman
HWT- Orndoff/ Gas Tank Gary

- Does anyone know if Ke-Shawn Hayes was granted another year of eligibility?

- Why wouldn’t the Bucks redshirt Echemandia? This would allow him to sharpen his tools in folkstyle and step in at 149 during the 21-22 season. Sammy Sasso would go up to 57 during 21-22. It’s already a decent cut for Sasso at 49.
Because he will likely be an AA contender next year and I would rather doubt he wants to spend 5 years in college.

125 Heinselman or Decatur im taking Keinselman
133 Decatur or D'Emilio im taking Decatur
141 Echemandia or D'Emilio im taking Echemandia
149 Sasso is lock
157 Kinner or Cleary or even Hepner im taking Kinner or Hepner if he doesn't Redshirt
165 Kharchla or Smith im taking Kharchla
174 Romero or Smith Im taking Romero
184 Rocky or Romero if he were to lose at 174 im taking Rocky
197 Singletary or Hoffman im taking Singletary
HWT Orndoff or Boykin i would take either one but im going with Orndoff
I feel like these are all battles for the starting spots and my picks for who will start

Hard to leave Grundy out of the lineup after the season he had last year. Same can be said for Romero. I also think D’Emilio is one of our ten best, but there sure is a log jam in the middle.

As others have said, the depth on this team is very impressive (at least in spots). Somebody who is VERY good, possibly AA quality, is likely to be squeezed out.

[/QUOTE]
Why wouldn’t the Bucks redshirt Echemandia? This would allow him to sharpen his tools in folkstyle and step in at 149 during the 21-22 season. Sammy Sasso would go up to 57 during 21-22. It’s already a decent cut for Sasso at 49.
[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, this year in NCAA sports does not count towards eligibility in any sports due to the weird year with Covid. So, no one needs to redshirt this year, because this year doesn't burn a year for anyone.

Last edited:
I believe Ench has already got a wife and kid I presume he wants to get school completed ASAP.

125 Heinselman
133 Decatur
141 Echemandia or D'Emilio the wrestle off will be close
149 Sasso
157 Cleary or Kinner good wrestle off as well
165 Kharchla or Smith
174 Romero
184 Rocky
197 Singletary or Hoffman
HWT Traub or Orndoff

41 and 65 are matchup of potential AA's, Cleary is an absolute savage when hes able to wrestle at a comfortable weight, 57 is a massive cut for him and he cant go up at all with that field. If carson wins at 65 im not sure what grundy does, hes a guy who would be picked to AA this year that might not make the lineup. Sucks for him but great problem to have when it comes to covid year, and injuries of the big 10 workload. 97 im going singletary but interested to how that plays out. HWT im taking traub, guy was built for big moments. Orndoff might be a tad more polished but gary is so damn athletic. I think a lot of people think hes just a gas tank, he is INCREDIBLY athletic.

A snippet from 11W about the B10 schedule included this tease on the 1/9 wrestle-offs:

"Ohio State will kick off the season with wrestle-offs Jan. 9. Ryan said there will be a wrestle-off at every weight, but fans will be especially focused on the matches at 141, 174, 197 and heavyweight.

At 141, freshman phenom Anthony Echemendia will face off against four-time Ohio high school champ Dylan D'Emilio. The Echemendia hype is real, but D'Emilio may be one of the most underrated guys in the room, so this should be a good match regardless of who comes out on top.

Upperclassman Ethan Smith will move up a spot to 174 to challenge returning starter Kaleb Romero. Romero was a first-team All American last season and the No. 6 seed in the aborted NCAA Wrestling Championships.

Former heavyweight Chase Singletary will drop down to 197 as expected, where he will face former blue-chip recruit Gavin Hoffman. And then at heavyweight, offseason transfer and two-time NCAA qualifier Tate Orndorff, last season's NCAA No. 8 seed, will challenge Gas Tank Gary Traub."

Reactions: GWF
I know that Gavin Bell and Rocky Jordan will wrestle off.

They will be live on FB tomorrow - getting started at 11am with prelims and finals at 12:30pm. This is according to their FB page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210108-140538_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210108-140538_Facebook.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 82
Interesting results today.

To start heck of a match for Dylan Demilio, as a Northwest Ohio guy I cant wait to see him in the lineup. With that being said, Echemendia needs more Folkstyle experience before he is the caliber we all expect to see from him, its unfortunate he wont get the open tournament experience but he will make jumps in that room.

Second match to stand out to me was Hoffman over Singletary. Singletary's offense was non existent and that just wont get it done at 197 in the Big Ten. I think Hoffman is capable of having a very solid year maybe a round of 12 kinda guy.

Third, I was impressed with Romero. His pace and conditioning looks good, I think he AA's this season. (Fritz is no slouch)

I think it's gonna be Ech by B1G tourney. Been a Demilio 'fan' since he was a weedhopper. I like him. I just believe Ech gets the nod.
Singletary was just stagnant. Romero picking up where he left off. Rocky looked good but Bell is just way overmatched there.
Heinselman looked good and a bit larger, really like him. Hoping he's a rd of twelve guy and maybe sneak onto the podium.
GTG put on 30+ pounds which perhaps knocks down his MPG. Orndorff will be the guy at heavy.
Karch and Smith later this week or will it be Smith and Romero?

Last edited:
I think it's gonna be Ech by B1G tourney. Been a Demilio 'fan' since he was a weedhopper. I like him. I just believe Ech gets the nod.
Singletary was just stagnant. Romero picking up where he left off. Rocky looked good but Bell is just way overmatched there.
Heinselman looked good and a bit larger, really like him. Hoping he's a rd of twelve guy and maybe sneak onto the podium.
GTG put on 30+ pounds which perhaps knocks down his MPG. Orndorff will be the guy at heavy.
Karch and Smith later this week or will it be Smith and Romero?
I wouldnt be surprised to see Ech, but i feel like it is Demilios to lose at this point. If you listened to Tom Ryan after the match he spoke really highly of Dylan. If he goes out and wrestles well i dont see why they take him out.

I heard Tom Ryan say, "Right now it's our starting team." I'm hoping D'Emilio goes out and smashes kids.
The more I think about it, Smith wrestles Romero sometime this week for 174? Who does that leave for Karch at 165?

165 if its not smith vs karch, maybe Hepner or Hubbard wrestle him off. With that being said not sure why none of them wrestled today.

165 if its not smith vs karch, maybe Hepner or Hubbard wrestle him off. With that being said not sure why none of them wrestled today.

Maybe it's Smith's weight if he's going 65? Seems like a serious cut. Maybe they didn't want the extra matches on today's card? Ryan is crafty.
It's nice to be talking Buckeye/B1G wrestling.