tOSU BASKETBALL BUCKEYES

I'm not sure where exactly they're at on scholarships, but there's a few seasoned Ohio guys that are on the immediately available market that could add some scoring punch for 1-2 years. Mark Alstork (Wright St., Dayton Dunbar) and Chris Darrington (Vincennes (IN.), Toledo Scott). Carlton Bragg (Kansas, VASJ) is also on the market, but he'd have to sit a year before playing two. Alstork declared for the draft, but has been getting a lot of high-major interest and will eventually end up somewhere pretty solid next year. Darrington is a top 10-15 JUCO recruit, and is probably about as good of an outside threat as is available. High-major offers have been rolling in for him the last few weeks.

I'm not sure where exactly they're at on scholarships, but there's a few seasoned Ohio guys that are on the immediately available market that could add some scoring punch for 1-2 years. Mark Alstork (Wright St., Dayton Dunbar) and Chris Darrington (Vincennes (IN.), Toledo Scott). Carlton Bragg (Kansas, VASJ) is also on the market, but he'd have to sit a year before playing two. Alstork declared for the draft, but has been getting a lot of high-major interest and will eventually end up somewhere pretty solid next year. Darrington is a top 10-15 JUCO recruit, and is probably about as good of an outside threat as is available. High-major offers have been rolling in for him the last few weeks.

Alstork went to Thurgood didn't he? Anyway I would be nice to see OSU get a guy like Bragg if they want to take the risk. Wouldn't hurt to take a flier on a former 5 star. But would he even want to go there?

Alstork went to Thurgood didn't he? Anyway I would be nice to see OSU get a guy like Bragg if they want to take the risk. Wouldn't hurt to take a flier on a former 5 star. But would he even want to go there?

Actually, that's right. He did go to Thurgood. I'm not sure why I thought he was a Dunbar guy. Michigan is on his radar presuming he goes back to school. After seeing four years of Loving I'd find it to be highly refreshing to see a year or two of somebody like Alstork or Darrington that's had to really grind for a high-major opportunity at a place like OSU.

Unless you're concerned about the legal things (dismissed domestic problem, drug charge) that popped up around Bragg this season, I don't see any real risk to trying to get him. He played solid bench minutes at Kansas as a sophomore and averaged decent numbers (5 pts, 4 rebs) while shooting solid percentages. No reason IMO to think he wouldn't do better if given an opportunity to play more minutes or be a starter.

Unless you're concerned about the legal things (dismissed domestic problem, drug charge) that popped up around Bragg this season, I don't see any real risk to trying to get him. He played solid bench minutes at Kansas as a sophomore and averaged decent numbers (5 pts, 4 rebs) while shooting solid percentages. No reason IMO to think he wouldn't do better if given an opportunity to play more minutes or be a starter.
It is a little concerning that the only other school involved with Bragg at the moment is Illinois.

http://www.morningjournal.com/sport...ansfer-carlton-bragg-interested-in-ohio-state

Why aren't more schools after him? I think a lot of folks are concerned about the drug issue.

However, I hate to say it like this, but at this point, what have you got to lose? Take a flyer on Bragg, and see if it pans out.

Apparently Trevor Thompson signed with an agent, so he is gone. Very bad news, and concerning that he wanted out of the program that badly, since there's pretty much zero chance he gets drafted

Lyle seems like the kind of guy you want to get rid of if you're trying to turn your program around (even before the arrest today). But yeah, this situation is a mess right now