Top Teams: D1, D2, D3 Cincinnati

Cincy_Futbol

D1

1. Moeller - Still yet to lose to a Cincinnati team the past two seasons.

2. Lakota East - If anyone can knock off Moeller it is East. Ties with St. X, Milford, and Moeller show they can hang with the best but can’t beat them?

3. Mason - Undefeated with wins over Centerville and Springboro. Tied Moeller. Traditional power that looks very good again.

Wildcard: Elder - Undefeated and unproven.

D2

1. SCD - Tough schedule has them with two early losses but their rings don’t care.

2. Indian Hill - Tied Dayton Carroll and they are good. Lost to Milford Saturday. Another good team. They could very easily be the team to beat SCD this year.

3. Wyoming - Undefeated but their schedule is nowhere near IH or SCD.

Dark Horse: McNick - Went to a regional final last year. They lost a lot but know how to win. May upset one of the big three listed above in the tournament.

D3

1. Madeira - Only loss is to Turpin and they have a win over Oak Hills and a tie to a good Milford team. Favorites in my opinion.

2. Mariemont - Undefeated through 5 games with a tie to 7 Hills and wins over McNick and Fenwick.

3. Seven Hills - Tied Mariemont but fairly untested.

Dark Horse - No one. D3 Cincinnati Soccer is just not very good this year especially with CCD making the jump to D3.

Agree? Disagree? Teams I missed?

Last year Monroe was in Cincy region 2, so i expect they will be again this season. The junior class includes a significant number of returning starters, many of them played as freshmen... they could be a sleeper.

Updates

D1

Elder lost to St. X. My dark horse may not be so accurate. Milford May replace them.

Moeller slams Lasalle 7-1. Good game coming up against St. Charles this weekend.

Lakota East beats Centerville 2-0

Don’t think Mason has played yet.

D2

Indian Hill beat Madeira. Wyoming beat Mariemont. SCD hasnt played since this weekend in Philly.

D3

Mariemont and Madeira both lost to D2 teams. Nothing changes. Seven Hills has two good tests against SCD Thursday and Wyoming Saturday. Could show where they are at.

Mason also beat Centerville 2-0. It seems the top teams are in a bit of a circling round robin. After the Mason-Moeller tie a few weeks back, I can't wait to watch Mason's game against East at home. It is Mason's "Stuff the Stands" and "Taco Night". I don't remember seeing as much scouting as this year in years past. Great, fun things going on in the SW!

Updates

D1

Elder lost to St. X. My dark horse may not be so accurate. Milford May replace them.

Moeller slams Lasalle 7-1. Good game coming up against St. Charles this weekend.

Lakota East beats Centerville 2-0

Don’t think Mason has played yet.

D2

Indian Hill beat Madeira. Wyoming beat Mariemont. SCD hasnt played since this weekend in Philly.

D3

Mariemont and Madeira both lost to D2 teams. Nothing changes. Seven Hills has two good tests against SCD Thursday and Wyoming Saturday. Could show where they are at.

I think you are pretty accurate, especially with these updates.

Elder seems solid, but can't seem to get out of their own way. I saw all I needed to see at the end of the X game to prove that they likely wont be able to get it done when it matters. Milford looks strong and could definitely be a great pick as a D1 dark horse candidate. It seems the D1 path will likely end up as a showdown between Moeller and East and Mason. Seeding and tournament bracket draw will be really important this year as these three try to avoid each other as long as possible.

Also agree on D2. SCD may not be as loaded as past years, but they know how to win when it counts. Hard to bet against them until someone knocks them off. If IH keeps getting good results against their schedule, it would be hard to count them out and not totally shocking if they were the ones to finally take down SCD. Wyoming is racking up goals and wins, but as you point out: against who? Hard to tell if they are actually good or just good against sub par competition.

D3 is - as you point out - a shadow of what it was just a few years ago before SCD and CCD left. Madeira and Mariemont and Seven Hills seem clumped at the top - and everyone else is MILES below. Saw Seven Hills play SCD last night, and it was just plain ugly. SCD wasn't overpowering either, but if SH is a top tier team in D3, it is a sad state of affairs. I like Madeira here, with a slight edge over Mariemont.

Updates

D1

Moeller keeps their #1 spot secure with a 2-0 win over St. Charles. East has quite a few days off so nothing new there. Milford blanks McNick 5-0 and Elder gets the win over SCD 3-1. Biggest surprise: Mason loses 1-5 to Olentangy Liberty.

My top 3

Moeller
Lakota East
Milford

D2
SCD ties Seven Hills 1-1 then Wyoming turns around and beats Seven Hills 5-1. Either Seven Hills had a hangover from SCD or Wyoming’s undefeated record is legit. I’m guessing a bit of both. SCD loses to Elder 1-3. Roger Bacon has been racking up wins but competition has been limited. CCD with a nice win over Madeira 2-1.

My top 3

Wyoming
Indian Hill
SCD

D3
Lots of losses.

Mariemont loses to Alter 0-2. Madeira loses to CCD 2-1. Seven Hills loses to Wyoming 1-5. Tough week for D3 soccer in Cincinnati.

My top 3

Madeira
Mariemont
Seven Hills

And then Moeller loses to Elder, and Milford loses to Loveland...Lakota East as #1? Milford/Loveland was interesting game. Milford dominated the majority of the game, but Loveland turned up the intensity in the 2nd half. Was very impressed with number 21 for Loveland. Does anyone know who he is/where he plays club?

And then Moeller loses to Elder, and Milford loses to Loveland...Lakota East as #1? Milford/Loveland was interesting game. Milford dominated the majority of the game, but Loveland turned up the intensity in the 2nd half. Was very impressed with number 21 for Loveland. Does anyone know who he is/where he plays club?

I wish I could have been at the game. I think 8 players (4 from each place) play with my son at Cincinnati Elite (not sure who is 21 is though)

Division 1: Loveland's D was the key in this game as they stayed stout and fairly organized. In my opinion both teams knocked the ball around well and I would give Milford the edge on quality chances. Milford's front 3 are one of the best lines in the city, as those kids are strong, athletic, technical, and can finish. Couple that with the other 5 or 6 players that come forward to support them you have one of the best attacks in the city. According to the ECC website Milford had netted 35 goals in 8 games averaging almost 4.5 goals a game and had not been shut out. On the other side Loveland came in having given up 2 goals each to Kings and Sycamore in the previous 2 matches.
Maybe that is why you throw the stats out in a conference rivalry game??? Those kids all know each other so it was an entertaining game to say the least. I would not be counting Milford out ...If they stay healthy they will be a handful moving forward.
The GCL South?? Come on, those teams play each other twice a season. They have much respect for one another and know each other well, but that doesn't mean they like each other much when its time to take the field. Every year they beat each other up twice a season and every year you can expect results that are unexpected. However in the end usually the better team will win the conference. Just in the past 2 weeks X beats Elder and Elder turns around and beats Moe. So based on that is X your choice to win the conference?
And then the GMC. Its been awhile since we have seen such a strong conference under perform. Those top soccer schools are the hotbeds of club soccer and should have not only quantity, but quality. East rises to the top early but they have some injuries to contend with. A scrappy unranked Sycamore team comes in and wins 3-2. West, and Mason have only played 6 games whereas most everyone else has 8 or 9 done. So, a long way to go in this one. Mason and Sycamore are the only 2 undefeated teams in conference play at 2-0..So who is your pick to win this conference???
Div 2...Maybe some debate...should't be much...Wyoming!

Tipp City took down Indian Hill this evening 3-1. Tipp controlled the entire game . Was expecting more from Indian Hill. Either Tipp is the real deal or Indian Hill was highly overrated.

Updates

D1

Moeller, Lakota East and Milford all lose. Lakota East actually lost two to good but not great teams (Sycamore & Springboro). It’s tough to count out Lakota East with all their talent, but can they put it together and win games when it matters? I’m starting to doubt that.

St. X had a good win over Dublin Coffman and Elder obviously has the biggest win of the week by beating Moeller. Mason ties Pickerington North who I know nothing about. Loveland quietly building steam with their win over Milford. D1 is fun this year. My top 5 because 3 isn’t enough

Moeller
Elder
Mason
Loveland
St. X

D2

Wyoming is separating from the pack in Cincinnati. Good talent and good coaching. They’ll be a tough out. SCD bounced back with wins over CCD and Cov Cath. Look for them to peak at the right time and until someone knocks them off in the tournament, they are still King. Indian Hill lost to an undefeated Tipp team. Their schedule is brutal and they’ll be tournament ready if they stay healthy mentally and physically. Second tier seems to be McNick, CCD, and Taylor. Wouldn’t be surprised if they can knock off one of the teams above them come October.

My top 3

Wyoming
Indian Hill
SCD

D3

3 way race continues between Madeira, Mariemont, and 7 Hills. Mariemont has a big win over CHCA and Madeira lost to Kings 3-4. Hard to say where they stand since their losses and ties are mostly to teams outside of their division. I don’t know if I could name any other division III team besides these three that are worth a conversation at this point.

My top 3

Mariemont
Seven Hills
Madeira

I am surprised Anderson isn’t playing better...saw them a few weeks ago and they looked very good..Mariemont looks good in D3...I think Wyoming will make a run in D2...Madeira is a surprise...thought they would be better..,saw the second half of their Milford game and they looked...uneven? Best way to describe it...haven’t seen SCD, 7 Hills or Moe yet

Cincy...I love what is happening in D1! Lots of close games and round robin style wins and losses. Tourney seeding could be interesting. Is East minus a couple of players? They were pretty hyped and seem to be losing more than expected. Hoping for another loss Thursday (Homer)!

Mason 1 - Lakota East 0

It was a good match tonight. Both teams looked good at times. Mason could have made it easier on themselves, but had a close shot go off the crossbar in the 2nd half. LE is big and physical, but just couldn’t put together enough scoring chances.

Sycamore is at Mason next Thursday - should be a good one.