Top QB ranking in stark county area ?

What does a coaches standing or a coaches ability to promote a player have to do with a players election to a post season award? Shouldn't that player's performance be the determining factor. WHBC has stated in their article that three of this years quarterbacks are included in the best 5 players at their respective high school for the last 75 years. Doesn't it seem odd that one of them is not included on this years team and is a first team all district selection? I'm just saying WHBC has to evaluate their process and make some changes.
If you talk to coaches they will tell you that sometimes a coaches push for players falls on deaf ears for whatever reason, no different then the most glaring omission from that team this year is Goard from Louisville.
In reality being named to this team really doesn’t mean a damn thing in the grand scheme of things. Ashby will have his college paid for no matter if it’s football or baseball so in 5 years will it be a big deal that he wasn’t on some all county team his Jr year ?

What does a coaches standing or a coaches ability to promote a player have to do with a players election to a post season award? Shouldn't that player's performance be the determining factor. WHBC has stated in their article that three of this years quarterbacks are included in the best 5 players at their respective high school for the last 75 years. Doesn't it seem odd that one of them is not included on this years team and is a first team all district selection? I'm just saying WHBC has to evaluate their process and make some changes.
Totally agree !! When scouts recognize him the most that goes to show you that sometimes these local voters are a little off !

If you talk to coaches they will tell you that sometimes a coaches push for players falls on deaf ears for whatever reason, no different then the most glaring omission from that team this year is Goard from Louisville.
In reality being named to this team really doesn’t mean a damn thing in the grand scheme of things. Ashby will have his college paid for no matter if it’s football or baseball so in 5 years will it be a big deal that he wasn’t on some all county team his Jr year ?
Good point !!

Why would he need to see Blair or Ashby to make the statement "Best QB in Massillon history"?
Learn to communicate. I didn't say he needed to see them to make that claim.

But it would make sense to have seen the top 3 quarterbacks that most people think are the best to answer the question at hand - "Top QB ranking in Stark county area?"

I'm sure Blair looks awesome. So do 170# lb's and 200# linemen. Hard to compare big school small school. That's why most all-star teams go by division. Perry and Massillon have about 10 rb's that would gain 1500 yards at SV. Anyhoo... No doubt he is very deserving for county honors. Will be interesting to follow his recruitment.

I'm sure Blair looks awesome. So do 170# lb's and 200# linemen. Hard to compare big school small school. That's why most all-star teams go by division. Perry and Massillon have about 10 rb's that would gain 1500 yards at SV. Anyhoo... No doubt he is very deserving for county honors. Will be interesting to follow his recruitment.
All 3 quarterbacks are pretty damn good

Not that Longwell is bad by any means... but he has some great receivers. Is he a better QB than Zwick or Kempt? I'd be inclined to say Martin and Huth would have great numbers with 3 years of these receivers too?
Those two were not nearly as accurate. And I saw all their games. Longwell is spectacular and I believe he'll bounce back after not slinging it very well the past two weeks compared to his normality.