Top Pitchers in the Cincinnati Area

bpdawg32

Here are some of the top pitchers in the area add if you wish with stats I have only put up guys with ERA's under 1.00 and over 10 Innings pitched

Conrad LE--- 12.0--- 0.00
Sparks Lasalle 13.0 --- 0.00
Basler Reading 16.0--- 0.00
Oleary Maderia 16.0 --- 0.44
Tryter IH---- 17.0--- 0.82
Kunkel Tal -- - 16.1--- 0.86
Pennington Ham 16.0--- 0.87
Mckinney Bad--- 23.0--- 0.91
Fritsch Bad---- 15.1--- 0.91
Marksberry---- 29.2--- 53K's 1.42

Add names as you wish

Last edited:

Impressive stats. Sometimes stats are misleading. Either their team plays in a weak conference, or they pitch when their team plays a cupcake.

I will update this list every monday
pitchers must have pitched more than 14 innings and less than a 1.5 ERA

O'leary IH -------17----- 0.41
Basler Rea------19------ 0.74
Kunkel Tal--------16.1-----0.86
Mckinney Bad ----23-------0.91
Fritsch Bad------22.1-----0.94
Lacinak Rea------21------1.00
Pennington Ham---23.1------1.20
Marksberry------29.2-----1.42
Wilson Mil ------14.2-----1.43
Contrad RB-----19-------1.47
Brooks LVL-----14-------1.50

Add names as you wish!!!

Last edited:
Anyone seen this Hill kid from Aiken? Is he for real or is it the level of competition Aiken faces?

JB
hardballcoach.com

moeller usually does have someone every year, mckinney from badin would have to be the top pitcher in the area in my opinion, great stats against great competition

this week 21 ip 1.75 era or less

Fritsch Badin 29.1 0.72
Lacinak Reading 28 0.75
Taylor Indian H 28.1 1.24
Basler Reading 24.0 1.46
Mckinney 30.0 1.63

Fritsch is really turning it on for Badin at the right time hope he can take this into the tourney he will be the best # 2 in the state!!

this week 21 ip 1.75 era or less

Fritsch Badin 29.1 0.72
Lacinak Reading 28 0.75
Taylor Indian H 28.1 1.24
Basler Reading 24.0 1.46
Mckinney 30.0 1.63

Once you get up to 21 innings pitched you are pretty much ignoring all of the middle relievers and closers. there are a couple very good bullpeners and closers in the favc who have between 12 and 15 innings with an era below 1.75.

Once you get up to 21 innings pitched you are pretty much ignoring all of the middle relievers and closers. there are a couple very good bullpeners and closers in the favc who have between 12 and 15 innings with an era below 1.75.

You are right. It's pretty much chicken or feathers for HS pitchers. Our HS uses a 3 man rotation for the most part. Luckily, our starters are going deep into games lately. Our relievers are solid, but they usually don't come in until there is trouble, the other team has built some momentum, and the situation is difficult. Coaches seem to wait too long before pulling a pitcher.

You are right. It's pretty much chicken or feathers for HS pitchers. Our HS uses a 3 man rotation for the most part. Luckily, our starters are going deep into games lately. Our relievers are solid, but they usually don't come in until there is trouble, the other team has built some momentum, and the situation is difficult. Coaches seem to wait too long before pulling a pitcher.

I agree 100 percent. I use to be a reliever and i would sit there in the bullpen and he wouldnt come get me until the starter walked the bases loaded or something.

i dont know any of there stats. I would think with OH being ranked #1 most of the year if not all year they have some good pitching. Winning in HS baseball is all about pitching and defense.

Haha yes it does. But anyway, who do you guys think has the best bullpen in the city?

Mason seems to have the best staff in the city. They have 3/5/4 guys in the GMC top 16 in wins, ERA and K's.

Hammond, Lovett and Deeds in ERA
Besecker, Hammond, Lovett, Cox and Deeds in Wins
Besecker, Lovett and Deeds in K's

So if the GMC is the best league in the state (as posted by some), Mason seems to have the best staff in the league. Mason is second in the league, 20th in the state. They win by having good pitching and defense. The same names come up in all the categories.