Top 8 Rankings

NICE!!!!!!!

Rankings, “Regardless of Divisions”

This is the way it should be.

Now lets have a true State Tournament in Ohio, instead of a “Divisional State”.
1659810052347.gif

1. Omar Ayoub (Dublin Coffman) Junior
2.Jaxon Joy (Wadsworth) Junior
3.Jeremy Ginter (Toledo Whitmer) Junior

1.David McClelland (Columbus DeSales) Senior
2. Hudson Goebel (Findlay) Senior
3.Ryan Bennett (St. Edward) Junior
Just watched Omar and McClelland in BTS and Omar won 6-5. Mcclelland is so strong on top. Great match.

Thank you Mark Shawn and son!!

Last edited:
BTS
Ismail Ayoub vs Brock Herman

They said Ismail was going to Nebraska. I thought he was going to Wisc?

Part 2

Idk what happened to this feed. It worked till it didnt. I think Shawn changed some setting midway thru and it went private or something.

Last edited:
Just watched Omar and McClelland in BTS and Omar won 6-5. Mcclelland is so strong on top. Great match.

Thank you Mark Shawn and son!!

Great match, McClelland seemed to think he had two at the end? The ref had a little trouble early in the match in giving a clear two on a reversal. McClelland looked to have the boot in at the end but wasn’t awarded two. Regardless nice match by both for the off season

With respect to rankings I don’t see anyone beating Brock Herman at 144 or 150. And imo it’s not close. He has been very impressive and has great wins this summer including tech falls over PJ Duke and Vince Bouzakis.

On a side note Beat The Streets doesn’t do weigh ins. You just pick who you’re wrestling and which style, as long as both wrestlers agree, it’s a go. It’s more about getting good matchups regardless of weight class.

With respect to rankings I don’t see anyone beating Brock Herman at 144 or 150. And imo it’s not close. He has been very impressive and has great wins this summer including tech falls over PJ Duke and Vince Bouzakis.

On a side note Beat The Streets doesn’t do weigh ins. You just pick who you’re wrestling and which style, as long as both wrestlers agree, it’s a go. It’s more about getting good matchups regardless of weight class.
Herman had 10-15 pounds on his opponent tonight.

They said Ismail was going to Nebraska. I thought he was going to Wisc?
July 5, 2022 Nebraska Cornhusker Wrestling

Incoming freshman Ismael Ayoub is a very athletically gifted wrestler from Dublin Coffman High School in Ohio. The former Wisconsin commit is listed at 141 pounds on the Husker roster.
Ayoub is a four-time Ohio state qualifier and two-time placer. He finished his prep career with a 133-23 record.

With the apparent loss of Nini, 2022 commit out of Florida. Formerly ranked No. 14 at 152 pounds in high school maybe that’s why the Huskers went ahead and added Ayoub to the fold.

Interesting results on Herman, but im guessing he was at the age limit and still took 5th? PJ Duke is likely almost 2 years younger. Was Herman injured last season? Saw he took a second as a sophomore, but really cant find any signature wins other than the two you pointed out in FS. Did he ever place at Ironman?

Interesting results on Herman, but im guessing he was at the age limit and still took 5th? PJ Duke is likely almost 2 years younger. Was Herman injured last season? Saw he took a second as a sophomore, but really cant find any signature wins other than the two you pointed out in FS. Did he ever place at Ironman?
Probably 3 years older then Duke, Duke is not a holdback and I believe Herman is. Regardless, a win over PJ is still good and Brock is a bad dude.

Herman is not a holdback. He was U16 eligible after his sophomore year (summer 2021) and competed at U17 level this spring (after the junior season that he sat) - which makes him a 2005 birthday. Duke and Bouzakis are both on the older end of the age spectrum for rising sophomores (July 2006 and May 2006 birthdays per bios from their finals match at the U16 nationals last month).

Probably one year older than Duke. Brock placed 3rd at Fargo Cadet 16U last year, and I’m pretty sure Duke was top age this year. So if my math is correct that puts them one year apart.

Herman is not a holdback. He was U16 eligible after his sophomore year (summer 2021) and competed at U17 level this spring (after the junior season that he sat) - which makes him a 2005 birthday. Duke and Bouzakis are both on the older end of the age spectrum for rising sophomores (July 2006 and May 2006 birthdays per bios from their finals match at the U16 nationals last month).
For the record..."Holdbacks" are also those starting school late, I know several whose parents made that decision pre kindergarten enrollment for athletic maturity reasons. Serious question though who has Herman ever beaten in folk style thats notable? Comparable to beating a younger Pj duke in FS? Did he ever compete at Ironman?

For the record..."Holdbacks" are also those starting school late, I know several whose parents made that decision pre kindergarten enrollment for athletic maturity reasons. Serious question though who has Herman ever beaten in folk style thats notable? Comparable to beating a younger Pj duke in FS? Did he ever compete at Ironman?
DNP Ironman at 106 frosh year- but I'm guessing you knew that.

Fargo U16 AA in '21, and placed at college opens last year. Just beat Fargo finalist Ayoub. Age/holdbacks have nothing to do with his success. He's a super talented kid.

Last edited:
Just beat Fargo finalist Ayoub.
I don't know what to make of this if he was really 10 to 15 lbs heavier. I'm thinking it should get tossed out as a big win. He looked good but that is one or two weight classes bigger. Congrats to Ismail for taking the match.

I will say when i saw Herman beat Ismail in the semi finals at state in 2021 and then wrestle Dustin Norris to a 3-1 loss in the finals you could see what a talent he was.

Younger or not Duke is a stud. Fargo 3rd and runner-up to Norris as a frosh. I know he wrestled Kasak in a close and match and beat (?) Manville.

Edit: did not beat Manville

What about those PA tourneys? That's the measure...;)
I believe thats true as the measure. Send jr high Ohio champs to jr high PA state champs, same goes for HS . .....I'd bet a low success rate most years for Ohio. PA is far deeper in overall talent. I'm honestly curious about Herman BTW, some guy states he's gonna walk away with a title.....so he DNP at Ironman as a freshman, and has a 1x runner up finish in Ohio, but was not eligible one year...interesting. And yes I give Ironman results a very high level of measure of talent. I'd guess most "rankers" would agree ;)

Herman is tough always has been, he was for sure seeing top talent last year while sitting out. He has as good as shot as anyone at a title this year.