Top 5 all-time basketball programs in Ohio.

What are the all-time top 5 basketball programs in Ohio? (Select five)

• Akron Central-Hower

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary

Votes: 90 64.7%
  • Archbold

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • Canton McKinley

Votes: 90 64.7%
  • Cincinnati Moeller

Votes: 52 37.4%
  • Cleveland East Tech

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • Columbus East

Votes: 21 15.1%
  • Dayton Dunbar

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Delphos St. John's

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • Mansfield Senior

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Middletown

Votes: 61 43.9%
  • Newark

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Ottawa Glandorf

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Portsmouth

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Villa Angela St. Joseph

Votes: 57 41.0%
  • Youngstown Rayen

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Zanesville

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Barberton

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters
Maple City Fan: I remember that 1988 Malabar team.......they had an outstanding player in 6-5 Brian Beauford, who scored 24 points in a 68-65 loss vs. the Trojans. Willard was undefeated in 1980 with star guard John Willoughby and coach Bob Haas. Portsmouth that year was 6-5 at one point in that season, and won 15 in a row until a 45-44 loss to Hamilton Ross in the Class AA state championship game.

If Mansfield Malabar had not been built in 1960s, the Joe Prats-coached Mansfield Senior Tygers wouid have won the state championship. There were tremendous players at both schools, as well as at Lexington, which was coached by Gregg Collins. Basketball in Richland County was something special in those days.

The all time wins list is almost irrelevant. Steubenville has not been a major player in many years, yet because of the long history of the program, they continue to climb. The program has sadly been in shambles for many years

Don’t think it’s in shambles. Been to a couple regionals in last 6 years. Their just not as their past history. Many programs are now like this.

The only team in the top 15 in all time wins in football,basketball and baseball is Dover.

football #5
Basketball #10
Baseball #15

Ok. I’m thinking top 10 , but I good with top 5. Admiral King , wow, are they still in existence ? Another outstanding program

Admiral King merged with Lorain Senior in 1995 and became Lorain Admiral King. Lorain Admiral King and Lorain Southview merged to become Lorain in 2010.