Top 32 vs Current system. Inside the numbers

Thavoice

Yes I have too much time on my hands...

With all the talk of possibly changing the region format and people giving their opinions I began to wonder what the numbers say. I followed one team from 2000-2018, spanning three divisions, and compared what teams would have made it under the 32 team proposal vs how well the teams did who would have missed out if the 32 team system was in place the whole time.

This is essentially just one division worth....

Under the current region format, below is how many teams would have made it per the region setup if the top 32 were selected around the state.
5 teams per region: 9 times it occurred.
6 teams per region: 9 times.......
7 teams/region: 12....

8 teams/region: 17
9 teams/region: 10
10 teams/region: 12
11 teams/region: 6 times
12 teams/region: 1 times

56 times from 2000-2018 teams who were in the top 32 in harbins missed the playoffs. 2.9 teams per year.

Of course, we have no way of know how well those teams who missed the playoffs because they were not in the top 8 of their region would have done, but we CAN analyze how the teams who WOULD HAVE BEEN LEFT OUT under 32 team proposal did in the postseason.

The teams who would have been left out from 2000-2018 if there was a 32 team format went a total of 14-52, a 21.2% winning percentage. ( I thought some place I had seen what the overall winning percentage of seeds 6-8 are across the board to compare it to this amount but I cannot find at this time.)

The furthest one of those teams went, and it happened 4 times, was winning 2 playoff games.

What does this tell us, other than thavoice has away too much time on his hands, on the validity? Do the teams who have made it under the 8/region with a 21% winning percentage warrant keeping it in place?
In looking at a few seasons, 7-8 seeds won 13% of the time across all divisions, but in the study I did the teams (mostly 7-8 seeds with a few 6) who made it under the current version, but not under the top 32, won 21% in this small sample size.
As I said, it was essentially following 1 division for 19 years.

These are just the numbers to crunch through. Unfortunately, we cannot compare what those teams who were left out would have done, but at least we can see how those who did make it, but wouldn't under the proposal, fared.

Personally, I thought the winning percentage would have been a lot lower since they were predominantly 7-8 seeds, with a handful of 6 seeds.

Last edited:

Do the teams who have made it under the 8/region with a 21% winning percentage warrant keeping it in place?
Many will argue that a #1 seed has earned the right to embarrass their week 11 guest to show exactly how worthy they were of their #1 seed. Why don't we eliminate divisions 5-6-7 and just have the MAC champion play Kirtland for the "B" class title. I'm a flexible guy. I'd be happy to just call the SEC champion the FBS National Champion as well and be done with all the playoff whining from the minor leaguers. Can you just imagine if a terrible team like 7-3 Spencerville (which I thought was a fictional town made up by the DeMille guy until Hartley had them on a schedule) whose 15.1 Harbins which are just a handful behind the undefeated Gibsonburg bumps out an even horribler team like Norwayne then another round of competitive balancing will definitely happen. Maybe somebody will create the MAC-Box - north of 36/south of 30, east of Indiana, west of 75 and you play up a division or two.

Those numbers prove what I have always said.

When we had four team per region, we were assured of getting the top two teams.

With 8 teams per region, we are assured of getting the best four teams into the playoffs.

Go to 12, and we will be assured of getting the top 6 teams.

With 8 teams per region, we are assured of getting the best four teams into the playoffs.

I think it is safe to say that the 8/region gets the top 6 in harbins in a very high rate of time.

Can you just imagine if a team like 7-3 Spencerville bumps out Norwayne
Here are the numbers for that in Gibsonburg's D-VI where the low-water mark for playoff participation across all regions was 10.7000. The 5-5 teams are eliminated by going without regions, but it also bounces an 8-2 team in favor of a 7-3 team.

It's fascinating information regarding a division I don't care about, but it doesn't change that, either way, it's probably going to end with Mogadore v R23 survivor. Preferably on Thursday night.

1 10-0 New Middletown Springfield 26.2000 clinched #1 seed
2 9-1 Mogadore Mogadore 25.0500 clinched home game
3 10-0 Chillicothe Southeastern 24.6000 clinched #1 seed
4 9-1 Lima Lima Central Catholic 24.5323 clinched #1 seed
5 9-1 Liberty Center Liberty Center 24.4000 clinched home game
6 10-0 Beverly Fort Frye 24.0031 clinched home game
7 10-0 Glouster Trimble 23.8510 clinched home game
8 9-1 Archbold Archbold 22.5000 clinched home game
9 9-1 Minster Minster 21.2000 clinched home game
10 9-1 Anna Anna 20.5000 clinched playoff spot
11 8-2 Coldwater Coldwater 20.3500 clinched playoff spot
12 9-1 Collins Western Reserve 20.2687 clinched #1 seed
13 9-1 Harrod Allen East 19.5000 clinched playoff spot
14 9-1 Attica Seneca East 19.3556 clinched home game
15 8-2 Bainbridge Paint Valley 19.0000 clinched home game
16 10-0 Howard East Knox 18.8500 clinched home game
17 9-1 Sherwood Fairview 18.8500 clinched playoff spot
18 10-0 Salineville Southern 18.7500 clinched playoff spot
19 9-1 Dalton Dalton 18.2000 clinched playoff spot
20 9-1 Galion Northmor 17.6000 clinched home game
21 8-2 Brookfield Brookfield 17.0000 clinched playoff spot
22 10-0 Gibsonburg Gibsonburg 16.2742 mathematically eliminated
23 8-2 Berlin Center Western Reserve 15.2000 clinched playoff spot
24 8-2 Frankfort Adena 15.2000 clinched home game
25 7-3 Nelsonville Nelsonville-York 15.1500 mathematically eliminated
26 7-3 Spencerville Spencerville 15.1000 mathematically eliminated
27 7-3 Columbiana Columbiana 14.3000 mathematically eliminated
28 8-2 Covington Covington 14.2500 clinched home game
29 8-2 Worthington Worthington Christian 14.2255 clinched playoff spot
30 7-3 Columbus Grove Columbus Grove 13.5500 mathematically eliminated
31 8-2 Mechanicsburg Mechanicsburg 13.5500 clinched playoff spot
32 8-2 Columbus Grandview Heights 12.9500 clinched playoff spot
33 8-2 Miamisburg Dayton Christian 12.5391 clinched playoff spot
34 7-3 Jeromesville Hillsdale 11.6500 clinched playoff spot
35 7-3 Ashland Crestview 11.5500 clinched playoff spot
36 6-4 Milford Center Fairbanks 11.5000 mathematically eliminated
37 5-5 Creston Norwayne 10.9500 clinched playoff spot
38 7-3 Lore City Buckeye Trail 10.8000 mathematically eliminated
39 5-5 Carey Carey 10.7000 clinched playoff spot

I can’t tell if you’re being facetious or not, but when it was four teams per region there was no assurance the top two were getting in. The number of 5-8 seeds that have won titles is a testament to that.

Like thavoice, I also have way too much time on my hands apparently... Here is what every division would look like with a top 32 instead of regions based on Harbins for the 2019 season.

Changes in each division are below their corresponding list...

DIVISION 1

DI - IN Stow, St. Ignatius (R1) Hilliard Darby and New Albany (R3)
OUT Marysville (R2) Princeton, Hamilton, Mason (R4)

DIVISION 2

DII - IN Barberton (R6) Winton Woods, Anderson, Talawanda (R8)
OUT Willoughby South, Warren G. Harding (R5) Olentangy Berlin, St. Francis de Sales (R7)

DIVISION 3

DIII - IN Ravenna, Canfield, Niles-Mckinley (R9)
OUT Glenville (R10) Kettering Alter, Trotwood-Madison (R12)

DIVISION 4

DIV -
IN Clear Fork (R14) Washington Courthouse, Bethel-Tate (R16)
OUT Hubbard, Struthers, Girard (R13)

DIVISION 5

DV -
IN Northwood, North Union (R18) ** Northwood is 10-0
OUT Portsmouth, Wellston (R19)

DIVISION 6

DVI -
IN Nelsonville-York, Columbiana (R21) Gibsonburg, Spencerville (R23) ** Gibsonburg is 10-0
OUT Hillsdale, Crestview, Norwayne, Carey (R22)

DIVISION 7

DVII -
IN Ansonia (R28)
OUT Malvern (R25)

I think this format! No change to the playoffs its self, just re-configuring somethings. I don't think this would be that hard of adjustment. Travel times might increase for first round games, but after that things would be similar.

If the format would change, good teams would schedule differently.

The regular season has to mean something, but the Harbin system doesn’t necessarily get the top teams all the time. In other words, there’s some arbitrariness in the selection system.

Folks could argue that a TD should count as something other than 6 points, too. Like any game, there are arbitrary rules. A team with goals plays to those rules.
I see nothing wrong with the system as it is.

The next step is to map all 32 teams and then separate into 4 equal 8 team regions and see what travel would be.

No, I am not taking on that task.

If the format would change, good teams would schedule differently.

The regular season has to mean something, but the Harbin system doesn’t necessarily get the top teams all the time. In other words, there’s some arbitrariness in the selection system.

Folks could argue that a TD should count as something other than 6 points, too. Like any game, there are arbitrary rules. A team with goals plays to those rules.
I see nothing wrong with the system as it is.

I don't think people necessarily have an issue with the "Harbin System" (some do on a semantics level) as it is sufficient for HS football and ultimately gets it right 99% of the time. The issue is more that teams that should be in are not simply because they play in a tough region.

I think that going state wide Top 32 would actually encourage teams to look even closer at their scheduling... at the end of the day, just win more and you have a better shot at making it. The problems happen when 10-0, 9-1, 8-2 with higher harbins get left out for the sake of 5-5, 6-4 with lower.

Again, nothing is perfect but everything can be better... even if just by 1%

The next step is to map all 32 teams and then separate into 4 equal 8 team regions and see what travel would be.

No, I am not taking on that task.

I say forget "travel time" and location and all that...

Want to create excitement for the playoffs in the first 2 rounds and ultimately the State Semi and Final? Combine the NCAA bracket / UEFA style pill draw. OHSAA can live broadcast it on social media, the athletes, coaches, and communities would be GLUED to the computer or phones watching to see who their head coach will draw and where they "GET" to travel this year!

4 regions (not based on location) are structured like the NCAA

R1 /// R3

1v8 /// 1v8
6v3 /// 6v3
4v5 /// 4v5
7v2 /// 7v2

R2 /// R4
1v8 /// 1v8
6v3 /// 6v3
4v5 /// 4v5
7v2 /// 7v2

The OVERALL 1-8 get placed into brackets as follows:
1 & 8 overall in R1 as the 1 and 2 seed
2 & 7 overall in R2 as the 1 and 2 seed
3 & 6 overall in R3 as the 1 and 2 seed
4 & 5 overall in R4 as the 1 and 2 seed

then the OVERALL 9-32, grouped based on seeding (3-8) draw a 1, 2, 3, or 4 to determine where they will go in a Region.
9-12 are 3 seeds and draw a regional pill
13-16 are 4 seeds and draw a regional pill
17-20 are 5 seeds and draw a regional pill
21-24 are 6 seeds and draw a regional pill
25-28 are 7 seeds and draw a regional pill
29-32 are 8 seeds and draw a regional pill

I already have all that worked out as a hypothetical for all 7 divisions in bracket form if you guys are interested... :ROFLMAO:

I say forget "travel time" and location and all that...

Want to create excitement for the playoffs in the first 2 rounds and ultimately the State Semi and Final? Combine the NCAA bracket / UEFA style pill draw. OHSAA can live broadcast it on social media, the athletes, coaches, and communities would be GLUED to the computer or phones watching to see who their head coach will draw and where they "GET" to travel this year!

4 regions (not based on location) are structured like the NCAA

R1 /// R3

1v8 /// 1v8
6v3 /// 6v3
4v5 /// 4v5
7v2 /// 7v2

R2 /// R4
1v8 /// 1v8
6v3 /// 6v3
4v5 /// 4v5
7v2 /// 7v2

The OVERALL 1-8 get placed into brackets as follows:
1 & 8 overall in R1 as the 1 and 2 seed
2 & 7 overall in R2 as the 1 and 2 seed
3 & 6 overall in R3 as the 1 and 2 seed
4 & 5 overall in R4 as the 1 and 2 seed

then the OVERALL 9-32, grouped based on seeding (3-8) draw a 1, 2, 3, or 4 to determine where they will go in a Region.
9-12 are 3 seeds and draw a regional pill
13-16 are 4 seeds and draw a regional pill
17-20 are 5 seeds and draw a regional pill
21-24 are 6 seeds and draw a regional pill
25-28 are 7 seeds and draw a regional pill
29-32 are 8 seeds and draw a regional pill

I already have all that worked out as a hypothetical for all 7 divisions in bracket form if you guys are interested... :ROFLMAO:
But travel is a huge issue. This is HS sports.

If it really increases the travel early in the playoff trail then I am not for it.

Brackets attached for DI - DVII based on Top 32 across the state (reference above post) according to the following hypothetical "process."

2. Overall ranked 1-8 paired up normally and placed in 4 regions as the 1 and 2 seeds
  • 1 with 8 in R1 (top left)
  • 2 with 7 in R2 (bottom left)
  • 3 with 6 in R3 (top right)
  • 4 with 5 in R4 (bottom right)
3. 9-32 Overall ranked teams grouped in seed groups (3-8) then randomly selected for a region by "drawing" a pill (1-4).

Attachments

• 2019 OHSAA DI Top 32.pdf
    99.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 2019 OHSAA DVII Top 32.pdf
    99.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 2019 OHSAA DVI Top 32.pdf
    99.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 2019 OHSAA DV Top 32.pdf
    99.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 2019 OHSAA DIV Top 32.pdf
    99.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 2019 OHSAA DIII Top 32.pdf
    99.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 2019 OHSAA DII Top 32.pdf
    99.8 KB · Views: 11

If it really increases the travel early in the playoff trail then I am not for it.

But how else do you get the best 2 - 4 teams in the semis and finals when 2 or 3 of them may be in the same region (Anna, Minster, and Coldwater / Fort Loramie and Marion Local / Mentor and St. Eds / Wyoming and Clinton Massie)?

I certainly agree that travel is a concern for more reasons than the casual observer may realize (ie. safety of students driving long distances, Friday games with a 3 hour drive and having to leave before school is out, transportation costs, bus availability before after school routes are over, etc.) but I think those items could be remedied with some creativity...

Last edited:

I was curious about this and looked into it for D2. The current setup with 4 regions had an average trip of just over an hour. With regions 5 and 6 being under a hour and 7 and 8 over an hour. Now if you went to it being 1-32, 2-31, and so on. It would make the average trip time around 2 and a half hours. Only 4 of the 16 games had less than 100 miles for travel and one of those was 99.6 miles. With Friday games those long of trips with people getting out of work would kill attendance. You can go with the whole top 32 and then split into regions. But picking those is easier said than done. D2 has an imbalance with 17 teams on the west/central side of the state. Then 15 teams in northeast Ohio.

I was curious about this and looked into it for D2. The current setup with 4 regions had an average trip of just over an hour. With regions 5 and 6 being under a hour and 7 and 8 over an hour. Now if you went to it being 1-32, 2-31, and so on. It would make the average trip time around 2 and a half hours. Only 4 of the 16 games had less than 100 miles for travel and one of those was 99.6 miles. With Friday games those long of trips with people getting out of work would kill attendance. You can go with the whole top 32 and then split into regions. But picking those is easier said than done. D2 has an imbalance with 17 teams on the west/central side of the state. Then 15 teams in northeast Ohio.
It is something that some years would be worse than others. Even how it is now there are a lot of games that are long drives, but I think if we went this route there would be MORE games.
I know I will struggle to get to our first round game this Friday.

The teams who would have been left out from 2000-2018 if there was a 32 team format went a total of 14-52, a 21.2% winning percentage. ( I thought some place I had seen what the overall winning percentage of seeds 6-8 are across the board to compare it to this amount but I cannot find at this time.)

The furthest one of those teams went, and it happened 4 times, was winning 2 playoff games.

What does this tell us, other than thavoice has away too much time on his hands, on the validity? Do the teams who have made it under the 8/region with a 21% winning percentage warrant keeping it in place?
INteresting stuff thavoice, thanks.

I think you can use some more of your time. What matters is the strength of the region those teams were in. No? A (non-32) team loses in first round, or let's say even wins a game and their region champ becomes the state champ, for example. Then that non-32 might reasonbly still be better than a disproportionate number of harbins winners.

Nice effort and all but there are just too many variables to try and find a definitive "best" 32 teams be it by regions or state-wide harbins. Like any sampling, there's margin of error.

The purpose of regions as others have said, is to keep as much of the state as possible involved and keep travel times down and have a very likely chance that the all-teams in winner, is competing in the sampled version.

Would there be ANY articles of interest in a local paper if all the competing teams were from some other part of the state?

Last edited:
This seems like the only way to be fair to everyone. You get in based on your points. Top 32.
Would you then pair up based on regions? I’m not seeing geographical sense. Indian Creek in with R 16 teams? I’d keep it geographically sensible.
Top 8. Wyoming, Clinton Massie, Indian Hill, Roger Bacon, Waynesville, Milton, Valley View, Bethel Tate. Move Kenton in with R 14 teams. Ottawa Glandorf, etc.
Wauseon vs Valley View? 3+ hour drive. West Milton to Wintersville is 4 hours.

Last edited:
This seems like the only way to be fair to everyone. You get in based on your points. Top 32.
Would you then pair up based on regions? I’m not seeing geographical sense. Indian Creek in with R 16 teams? I’d keep it geographically sensible.
Top 8. Wyoming, Clinton Massie, Indian Hill, Roger Bacon, Waynesville, Milton, Valley View, Bethel Tate. Move Kenton in with R 14 teams. Ottawa Glandorf, etc.
Wauseon vs Valley View? 3+ hour drive. West Milton to Wintersville is 4 hours.

There is no geographical component to what I did here. I did a purely random draw and let the chips fall where they may when it came to where the 9-32 land. Makes it more interesting and mixes the regions earlier. Competitively it is the only way to make sure the truly best teams emerge and make it to the finals and not have an overall 2 and 3 play each other in the regional semis or something like that. Makes for 1 potential long trip a year but after 1 round it’s all neutral site anyway so at most that long trip is for lower seeded teams and are given a somewhat better shot at advancing rather than playing a top seed in their backyard with a 99% chance of losing.

not entirely feasible to accomplish this and it will NEVER happen but would be the best solution if people didn’t get so caught up on travel time... In a perfect world I suppose but it’s always fun to play the “what if”

One thing OHSAA could do starting next year is rebracket before the State semi - finals using the Harbin pts. The team with the highest computer pts. would be seeded no.1 and play the 4 seed in one semi and the other 2 teams play each other in the other semi. This would fall under Sap's 1 % improvement.

The minute you go to a Top 32 Statewide system, people are IMMEDIATELY going to start complaining and moaning about the travel involved. I am (of course) a native Ohioan and I know how I regarded distance when I lived there, which was to say that it didn't take much to qualify as a "long trip". Now I have lived in California then Nevada for many years and I laugh at trips that in Ohio I and my friends regarded as "long" or "too far"

And I see it all the time here on Yappi too, by which I mean most Ohioans regard distance the way I did, It's so different in the West I can't even begin to find the words to communicate it to the Yappi audience/populace.

I think the Harbin System could use a couple of tweaks but that it basically does the job it's supposed to, it throws a net around 32 teams per division and in that net are the best teams in each Region. No legitimate contender with an argument to be really be the best team in the State gets left out.

I think if you add a penalty for losing into the Harbin System, you might have got Gibsonburg and Northwood in this seasons field over some of those that finished ahead of them. I also dont think you are losing a legitimate claimant to being the best team in the State by leaving either of them out of the field.

I also think that the current structure lets in too many teams and that with 16 per Region you get all the legitimate contenders. Too many teams with marginal to poor regular seasons are allowed in now. (I know no one else feels that way and that I am on my own there,)

I see the road we are on and I dread it when we arrive at the destination. One of these days (sooner rather than later) we are going let everyone in. I believe in the concept of an elite field (for ALL sports not just football) but I know coaches are under pressure to make the field and they are going to lobby until everyone gets in. Plus you have fans whose teams miss in the #9 spot who always want in, like you used to have teams in the #5, #3 and #2 spots. And they all feel they got & are getting screwed. Let 12 in as has been proposed, and #13 will feel screwed. It won't ever end until they are ALL in.

Get ready for St Edward vs. Lincoln-West in the opening round because it's coming sooner or later and Ohio football is going to be much poorer for it, too. "Everybody Gets A Trophy!" :sick:

Last edited:
I
INteresting stuff thavoice, thanks.

I think you can use some more of your time. What matters is the strength of the region those teams were in. No? A (non-32) team loses in first round, or let's say even wins a game and their region champ becomes the state champ, for example. Then that non-32 might reasonbly still be better than a disproportionate number of harbins winners.

Nice effort and all but there are just too many variables to try and find a definitive "best" 32 teams be it by regions or state-wide harbins. Like any sampling, there's margin of error.

The purpose of regions as others have said, is to keep as much of the state as possible involved and keep travel times down and have a very likely chance that the all-teams in winner, is competing in the sampled version.

Would there be ANY articles of interest in a local paper if all the competing teams were from some other part of the state?
I concur and still prefer the current set up myself but it is never bad to open up a healthy discussion and do some research. I did 19 years of essentially one division for those numbers. It shows each year it effects a few teams. Hard to tell how those teams would fare if they made it

One thing OHSAA could do starting next year is rebracket before the State semi - finals using the Harbin pts. The team with the highest computer pts. would be seeded no.1 and play the 4 seed in one semi and the other 2 teams play each other in the other semi. This would fall under Sap's 1 % improvement.

This is a logical next step as opposed to my solution for a total overhaul ?

Still doesn’t quite solve the times when 2 of the top 3 or 4 teams in the state are in the same region... but baby steps I suppose!

You said with 8 teams per region, we are assured of getting the best 4 teams into the playoffs. I respectfully disagree. In D1R1, Ignatius IS the third best team, and they did not get in. There is no doubt they are better than teams 3-8. A 2 vs 3 semi of Eds vs. Iggy would also draw a ton more people than a semi of Eds vs. Jackson/Euclid or any other team in R1. And would also be a much much better game by far. Ignatius is the only team in D1R1 that can hang with Eds or Mentor. And they proved it on the field, not via a points system. And the math that goes into Harbins is so flawed it's sickening. Ignatius would be favored in every game vs. teams 3-8. Period! But it is what it is. So I don't agree with that statement.

Last edited:
You said with 8 teams per region, we are assured of getting the best 4 teams into the playoffs. I respectfully disagree. In D1R1, Ignatius IS the third best team, and they did not get in. There is no doubt they are better than teams 3-8. A 2 vs 3 semi of Eds vs. Iggy would also draw a ton more people than a semi of Eds vs. Jackson/Euclid or any other team in R1. And would also be a much much better game by far. Ignatius is the only team in D1R1 that can hang with Eds or Mentor. And they proved it on the field, not via a points system. And the math that goes into Harbins is so flawed it's sickening. Ignatius would be favored in every game vs. teams 3-8. Period! But it is what it is. So I don't agree with that statement.

Harbins is not the issue... St Ignatius would have made it in with a Top 32...

Brackets attached for DI - DVII based on Top 32 across the state (reference above post) according to the following hypothetical "process."

2. Overall ranked 1-8 paired up normally and placed in 4 regions as the 1 and 2 seeds
  • 1 with 8 in R1 (top left)
  • 2 with 7 in R2 (bottom left)
  • 3 with 6 in R3 (top right)
  • 4 with 5 in R4 (bottom right)
3. 9-32 Overall ranked teams grouped in seed groups (3-8) then randomly selected for a region by "drawing" a pill (1-4).
Dude, this is really spectacular. I kinda laugh at folks that want to change (consider it like the NCAA bball tourney where we talk about who didn't get in for a week and then a week later all we want are the big dogs playing each other), but this . . . this is something else! Well Done.

Dude, this is really spectacular. I kinda laugh at folks that want to change (consider it like the NCAA bball tourney where we talk about who didn't get in for a week and then a week later all we want are the big dogs playing each other), but this . . . this is something else! Well Done.

Just trying to think outside the box a bit.

And do you know who would love it the MOST? The kids.

The thrill of “not knowing” who they are going to get and adding in an opportunity for them to have a watch party back home in the film room on Facebook live Sunday afternoon. while their head coach is in Columbus drawing for their spot... they would be pumped! And you know every Tom, Dick, Richard, and Harry at the local watering hole would be it itching to see who the local team gets to go play. It would be fun to have something different and exciting every year...

just my opinion...

So I’ve been working on this for the past week. I took the top 32 teams in each division based on harbin points. I then split them into equal regions. I had to learn about a lot of new teams and where they are located so here ya go:

*= not in with current format

Division 1

Region 1
  1. Mentor
  2. St. Edward’s
  3. Euclid
  4. Canton McKinley
  5. Solon
  6. Jackson
  7. Stow-Munroe Falls*
  8. St. Ignatius*

Region 2