Wildcat
Log Race
White Water Landing
Space Needle (?)
Demon Drop
Avalanche Run
Disaster Transport
Burlap Bag Race

To this day the Gemini is my favorite coaster and I can remember when it was the tallest coaster at CP.

For CP fans gone but not forgotten...

Wildcat
Log Race
White Water Landing
Space Needle (?)
Demon Drop
Avalanche Run
Disaster Transport
Burlap Bag Race

To this day the Gemini is my favorite coaster and I can remember when it was the tallest coaster at CP.
Isn't demon drop at KI?

For CP fans gone but not forgotten...

Wildcat
Log Race
White Water Landing
Space Needle (?)
Demon Drop
Avalanche Run
Disaster Transport
Burlap Bag Race

Pirate Ride was one of my faves as a kid. RIP.

Isn't demon drop at KI?
Demon Drop was like a franchise ride if I'm not mistaken? I think at one point darn near every amusement park in America had one.

I remember how cool it was when I first rode with an experienced amusement park aficionado and they'd put a penny on their knee and it would float for a second when you'd first drop. The anticipation of the drop was intense. Miss that ride.

wasn't there one called the egg beater? maybe that's just what we called it. Had all the spinning cups on swing arms? Bumper cars, log race and skee ball (aim for the corner) were more my speed. I seem to recall we packed lunch baskets.

Forgot all about the Pirate Ride! Right by the Blue Streak. One of the first ones we'd hit as a youngster.
I seem to remember my grandparents having some adult beverages just next door at the Silver Dollar. We still have a menu from there with ridiculously cheap prices reflective of that time.

wasn't there one called the egg beater? maybe that's just what we called it. Had all the spinning cups on swing arms? Bumper cars, log race and skee ball (aim for the corner) were more my speed. I seem to recall we packed lunch baskets.
Spinning cups on swing arms were at the corner before you hung your first left to the Pirate Ride and Blue Streak.

An older IB would puke on that thing today.

How about the "guess your speed" pitch game across the way? I swore I threw 88 and that thing would register 72. Lol.

The beach was actually an attraction way back when...bathhouse and all.

There was also an old Arthur Treachers ropes and plastic balls course near the space needle that was awesome.

Train ride through Pirate skeleton country.

That one dumbdick who would get his bumper car stuck in a corner.

The cheesy tourists who would buy matching CP gear and would put hands in each others back pockets..

Getting on a ride after someone who was wet from Thunder Canyon.

All the BS stories of people getting stuck at the top of the hill on whatever rollercoaster was tops at the time.

DJs spinning music as you waited in line.

Nothing beat that first girlfriend and getting to spend all day with, through the lines, with a buddy and one of her friends.

Mom would give 20 bucks and say meet back here at X amount of time.

Nostalgia man, nostalgia...

I seem to remember my grandparents having some adult beverages just next door at the Silver Dollar. We still have a menu from there with ridiculously cheap prices reflective of that time.
Two places an adult could drink. One by the cups EIB talks of and another at Frontier Country. A crafty dad just brought his own to the picnic area.

Skee Ball at the arcade on the main thoroughfare just past the first branch off was a goldmine for youth without supervision. That place was usually populated by the "cool" locals who no longer got satisfaction from the rides and 14 year olds who dated the 21 year old Eastern European help.

Great times...

I do remember the train, went around some jungle area. There was a kiddy park? I don't think I went there often but remember little bits. I think the factory where my Ma worked had their company party there.

Back in the day when jorts were popular..... Was not a good idea wearing them at CP and KI and going on the water rides.....damn things take forever to dry!

I do remember the train, went around some jungle area. There was a kiddy park? I don't think I went there often but remember little bits. I think the factory where my Ma worked had their company party there.

I'm pretty sure every amusement park had a 'Kiddy Park' section'; some smaller roadside parks
were mostly just Kiddy Parks. There was one just south of Akron called 'Playland' or something
like that; it was no bigger than 4 or 5 acres at the most.

:>---

Leatherneck

I remember the kiddy section at the zoo! When you could ride the turtle and no one claimed animal abuse. Poor turtle, that was probably the fun part of its day.

70c21b2e00e95b32fd879c737b6e496f.jpg