1. Silver Dollar City - Branson, Mo.
  2. Cedar Point - Sandusky, Ohio
  3. Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Williamsburg
  4. Kings Island - Mason, Ohio
  5. Busch Gardens Tampa - Tampa
  6. Dollywood - Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
  7. Knoebels - Elysburg, Penn.
  8. Kennywood - West Mifflin, Penn.
  9. Knott's Berry Farm - Buena Park, Calif.
  10. Hersheypark - Hershey, Penn.

Loved me some CP and KI until about ten years ago. Age got to me, maybe ill try some Dramamine and give it ago next year....

Used to be a guy who enjoyed Top Thrill, Millennium Force and so on. Nowadays Iron Dragon and Gemini are more my speed. I hope that they keep their promise and have the boats next year, not that I'm soft or anything...

Steel Vengeance is a pretty darn good coaster.
I haven't been to Kennywood in a few.... I gotta check out this ride
For those who haven't been here, you gotta check out the Thunderbolt and Jack Rabbit. Not that they're big, but it's pretty cool to start a coaster going downward without a lift hill

1. Silver Dollar City - Branson, Mo.
  2. Cedar Point - Sandusky, Ohio
  3. Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Williamsburg
  4. Kings Island - Mason, Ohio
  5. Busch Gardens Tampa - Tampa
  6. Dollywood - Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
  7. Knoebels - Elysburg, Penn.
  8. Kennywood - West Mifflin, Penn.
  9. Knott's Berry Farm - Buena Park, Calif.
  10. Hersheypark - Hershey, Penn.
Dollywood made it just because of Dolly. The coasters are short rides. The longest one is about 35 to 45 seconds, maybe 55 seconds. It's not worth the wait or time.

Loved me some CP and KI until about ten years ago. Age got to me, maybe ill try some Dramamine and give it ago next year....
Last time I went to KI I was ready to go home in about 2 hours. Kenny wood is a great park. More laid back has an old time feel. And not as expensive.

I do think Cedar Point would benefit from a renaissance fair or some sort of makers' mart.

I haven't been in decades, since I realized how few rides you can get in, with what it has become. Back in the day, we'd run straight for the big coasters, get a couple rides on those while lines were short then hit the less popular through the day. Got in a lot of rides that way.

I do think Cedar Point would benefit from a renaissance fair or some sort of makers' mart.

I haven't been in decades, since I realized how few rides you can get in, with what it has become. Back in the day, we'd run straight for the big coasters, get a couple rides on those while lines were short then hit the less popular through the day. Got in a lot of rides that way.
Living relatively close, buddies and me would always head over on an overcast Tuesday. A sprinkle of rain throughout the day never hurt either. You could walk on anything you wanted and we would be out of there by 4PM.

I have not been to CP in at least 6 or 7 years but the appeal when the boys were younger was the nostalgia. Our family vacations as a kid would be the entire extended family would head to CP for the day. Great memories.

Like I said earlier, my last couple times it was more about Cheese Fries, Dog on a Stick, Cheese on a Stick, Elephant Ears...you know...all that deep fried wonderful stuff you can only get at CP or a fair. :p

For those that have not been to an amusement park in a while the business model has changed. Just like the concert industry ticketing is now dynamic so a prime weekend date in the summer costs a lot more than a mid week ticket when school is in session. They have also gotten on the fast pass train and that adds even more $s to the cost of getting on the better rides. I am sorry but to me the value just isn't there anymore and I have not been to a amusement or theme park in years and I love thrill rides.

Dollywood made it just because of Dolly. The coasters are short rides. The longest one is about 35 to 45 seconds, maybe 55 seconds. It's not worth the wait or time.
I haven't been to Dollywood since before Parton bought the park (Silver Dollar City, iirc) years ago. I viewed it as a mini-Busch Gardens (Williamsburg) and a poor one at that. A lot of the issue, I believe, is that the park is "sandwiched" in that mountainous area. Decent for the area, I guess.

Living relatively close, buddies and me would always head over on an overcast Tuesday. A sprinkle of rain throughout the day never hurt either. You could walk on anything you wanted and we would be out of there by 4PM.

I have not been to CP in at least 6 or 7 years but the appeal when the boys were younger was the nostalgia. Our family vacations as a kid would be the entire extended family would head to CP for the day. Great memories.

Like I said earlier, my last couple times it was more about Cheese Fries, Dog on a Stick, Cheese on a Stick, Elephant Ears...you know...all that deep fried wonderful stuff you can only get at CP or a fair. :p
CP: We would go every year. First started going in the early 80s and remember when you would pull up the Blue Streak would tower at the edge of the park.

Now you can barely notice it with all the huge coasters!

AT and right after fireworks until closing it was always great with zero lines!

I'd take Lesourdesville/Americana over any of these...
I have a funny story about LeSourdeville. Eighth grade year field trip at the end of the year included a trip to LeSourdesille Lake Amusement Park. I attended a Catholic Grade School so the Nuns were along as chaperones. While we were riding the train we passed by the area where they had live horses. One of the horses mounted another horse and was really going at it. The nuns went beserk and kept yelling at us to look the other way. :eek:? Nuns really were psycho. ?

I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but I I can remember putting each of my kids on the carousel at KI for the first time and telling them that they were the fourth generation of our family to ride it, going back 100 years and going back to when it was at Coney Island. I look forward to riding it with my grandkids in the near future.

I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but I I can remember putting each of my kids on the carousel at KI for the first time and telling them that they were the fourth generation of our family to ride it, going back 100 years and going back to when it was at Coney Island. I look forward to riding it with my grandkids in the near future.
I rode my first roller coaster at Cincy's old Coney Island, circa 1966-67. I don't recall the name of the coaster... "Shooting Star", maybe? I was about nine or ten and it scared the heck out of me! I was white as a ghost. It took me years to ride another coaster again. I still don't like them.

But, I always do the Kings Island carousel! That's more my speed.