Top 10 in NE Ohio - Fan Poll

Bball216

I know many people have seen the top teams in NE Ohio play and many attended the D4D tournament. How would you (the fan) rank the area squads. These are my picks and I'm sure it will vary with other posters.

1 Ed's
2 Solon
3 CCC
4 Shaker Heights
5 Brush
6 CCA
7 Brunswick
8 Garfield Heights
9 Benedictine
10 Lutheran East

Played many of them

1 Ed's - no disrepect to Solon but Ed's is sooo deep
2 Solon
I think these two are SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER than the next group
3 CCC
4 Shaker Heights
5 Brunswick

After that, anybody beats anybody in my opinion.

I don't think Brush is that good.

I think VASJ, Ignatius, Brush, Bene, are all a toss up. Hoban surprised me against VASJ but VASJ just played a great game against Eds the night before.

Brush is actually pretty good. Any team that beats Garfield and Cornerstone is a pretty dangerous squad. They will be a tough out at the Euclid District. CCA continues to be disrespected yet IMO is by far the best team in D4.

I don't consider Stow or SVSM NE Ohio - otherwise they would be in there. That is a bit South for me. I know Cleveland.com includes them but I chose not to.

I don't consider Stow or SVSM NE Ohio - otherwise they would be in there. That is a bit South for me. I know Cleveland.com includes them but I chose not to.

Perhaps then your thread title should not be NE Ohio, but Cuyahoga County since your sphere doesn't extend south of it?? Or schools along Lake Erie. Any fourth grader who's had a geography course can see Akron/Canton/Youngstown and surrounding communities are located in NE Ohio. :shrug::blush:

Are you saying Akron isn't in NE Ohio or just not in your Poll? NE Ohio, according to the OHSAA is Akron and Youngstown also.

You do have a Very Solid Poll however. Thanks for putting it together.

Maybe it's just me but living by the Lake - Akron / Canton / Stow is a South to me. I know OHSAA thinks it's NE Ohio. You have to break it off somewhere because there are some good squads in that Stow, Akron, Canton, Massillon area.

In that case, the North Coast League needs to change their name then, since it has members from Warren Louisville, Akron and Cuyahoga Falls.