Top 10 in Cincinnati

I like LaSalle by 10+ especially with the game being at LaSalle. West has two really good scorers but are better on big college sized floors. I don't think the rest of the supporting cast is there for West, they are still young.
I think it is at West if I am not mistaken

Moeller, East, Turpin, LaSalle, Elder, St. X, West, West Clermont, Hamilton, Walnut.
Tonight's LaSalle vs West game will tell us more about West. LaSalle had an impressive win vs Cov. Cath., their non-league schedule isn't that good.

Moeller does play East this year. Centerville should give them good game too

My top 10 teams in city
1. Moeller
2. East
3. Elder
4. Princeton
5. Lasalle
6. X
7. West
8. Turpin
9. Hamilton
10. Mason
Moe and East don't play during the regular season. It would only be in the tournament which could happen.

LaSalle and Elder can challenge Moe this year. If Elder gets hot, they can beat anyone in the city and be regional contenders. GCL could get very interesting. I think LaSalle and Elder will give them a loss this year, which is progress. Moe still probably wins GCL.

An Elder / East matchup would be entertaining. Elder finally has some shooters, and a bunch of them, and they still play super tough on D.

Lasalle gets another win; 69-36 against Withrow. Lasalle moves to 7-0 going into game at home on Saturday vs Kings

Last edited:
Moe
East
LaSalle
Turpin (Really bad schedule other than win vs West) Elder and Cov Cath to start the year will be a huge test but both are home.
Oak Hills (I don't actually think they are #5 but I have to keep them here due to record) Schedule gets tough 1st of year.
X
Elder (Crushed West High by 35 who OH only beat by 6) Still need Luebbe and Kandra back from football.
West
Hamilton
Princeton (Really good win vs Mason but Masson not as good as years past)
Mt Healthy (New addition) Bad schedule but are actually talented and undefeated

Cincinnati D-1 Records before Christmas Tournament and Holiday games--many teams playing out of town opponents:

Turpin -- 8-0

Lakota East -- 6-0
LaSalle -- 6-0
Mt. Healthy -- 6-0
West Clermont -- 6-2

Oak Hills -- 5-1
Moeller -- 5-1
Lakota West -- 5-2
Walnut Hills -- 5-2
St. Xavier -- 5-2

Hamilton -- 4-1
Edgewood -- 4-2
Goshen -- 4-2
Milford -- 4-4

Elder -- 3-2
Harrison -- 3-3
Western Brown -- 3-3
Fairfield -- 3-4
Western Hills -- 3-4
Anderson--3-5

Princeton -- 2-3
Mason --2-4
Loveland -- 2-4
Northwest -- 2-5

Talawanda -- 1-4
Sycamore -- 1-4
Colerain -- 1-5
Kings -- 1-5
Middletown -- 1-6
Withrow -- 1-8

Winton Woods -- 0-5
Little Miami -- 0-9

Elder's 2 losses were Huntington Prep and Badin, both played with front line guys still getting limited minutes because of football. Then they put 79 on Fairfield and 90 on West Hi. They ground out two wins this weekend vs. two pretty decent teams in Toledo Central Catholic and Walsh Jesuit. They dominated Walsh in the second half coming from 15 behind early in the 3rd on the strength of a 38-18 second half run. At Turpin Thursday will tell us more.

1. Moe
2. East
3. Las
4. Elder
5. X
6. OH
7. Turpin
8. Ham
9. West
T10. Mt. Healthy / West Clermont

The GCL league schedule will be a gauntlet for all 4 teams this year. 4-2 may be enough to win it all. Moe wont cruise 6-0 this year. None will go winless.

The GMC is down this year. East should win the league. 2-6 will be interesting between Prin, OH, West, Hamilton and West. 7-10 Syc FF, Mason, MT.

Turpin may not be challenged at all in the ECC.

Elder v Turpin should be interesting. I think Elder's depth wins out.

Agreed on GCL, and agree on your top 4. Overall, seems to be a much deeper and diverse depth of talent in the city this year, which makes for far more entertaining games.

How are Centerville and Springfield this year? Any other Dayton area regional contenders?

How are Centerville and Springfield this year? Any other Dayton area regional contenders?

Springfield is solid, above average. Centerville is very good, loaded with talent but young. They'll be a bigger threat in March as young guys gain experience.

Biggest contender out of Dayton right now is Wayne. They won at Centerville earlier this month. I was at that game and was very impressed with their talent level. Would say they're on the same level as Elder/LaSalle and better then anyone else not named Moeller or Lakota East.

Elder's 2 losses were Huntington Prep and Badin, both played with front line guys still getting limited minutes because of football. Then they put 79 on Fairfield and 90 on West Hi. They ground out two wins this weekend vs. two pretty decent teams in Toledo Central Catholic and Walsh Jesuit. They dominated Walsh in the second half coming from 15 behind early in the 3rd on the strength of a 38-18 second half run. At Turpin Thursday will tell us more.

1. Moe
2. East
3. Las
4. Elder
5. X
6. OH
7. Turpin
8. Ham
9. West
T10. Mt. Healthy / West Clermont

The GCL league schedule will be a gauntlet for all 4 teams this year. 4-2 may be enough to win it all. Moe wont cruise 6-0 this year. None will go winless.

The GMC is down this year. East should win the league. 2-6 will be interesting between Prin, OH, West, Hamilton and West. 7-10 Syc FF, Mason, MT.

Turpin may not be challenged at all in the ECC.

Upsets happen all the time, but I still think Moe runs the table in the conference! Maybe the games will be more competitive this year but they just have too much size and talent. Good luck though!

Upsets happen all the time, but I still think Moe runs the table in the conference! Maybe the games will be more competitive this year but they just have too much size and talent. Good luck though!

Doesn’t seem like Moe has much depth. In their games that have been semi-close they don’t have many minutes being played off the bench.

If LaSalle and/or Elder can't steal a win this year over Moe, I don't know that they ever will.

I think this is the year either LaSalle, East or Elder knocks them off in the tourney.

The Williams/Duncomb combo is a beast to defend.

Moe
East
LaSalle
Turpin (Really bad schedule other than win vs West) Elder and Cov Cath to start the year will be a huge test but both are home.
Oak Hills (I don't actually think they are #5 but I have to keep them here due to record) Schedule gets tough 1st of year.
X
Elder (Crushed West High by 35 who OH only beat by 6) Still need Luebbe and Kandra back from football.
West
Hamilton
Princeton (Really good win vs Mason but Masson not as good as years past)
Mt Healthy (New addition) Bad schedule but are actually talented and undefeated

Updated as of 12/30/2019:

Moe
East
LaSalle (Should be 10-0 heading into Moe game)
Turpin (Game of the week vs Elder)
X (Probably the toughest stretch of games left: GXLSx2, Woodward, Taft, Cov Cath, Toledo Rogers
Elder (See Above)
West (VS Oak Hills Friday)
Oak Hills (See Above)
Princeton (Princeton has a chance to win 6 more in a row. They have beat Mason, WW, and Thurgood last 3 games)
Mt Healthy (Wont be challenged until mid January vs Aiken)

Moeller, East, LaSalle, Turpin, Elder, West, St. X, Princeton, Mt. Healthy, West Clermont
Elder vs Turpin will answer questions. Mt. Healthy is talented but hasn't played a top tier team. GCL South has all 4 in Top 10. Oak Hills next 6 games will give us a clear picture of them. The West game Friday is important.

Doesn’t seem like Moe has much depth. In their games that have been semi-close they don’t have many minutes being played off the bench.
2018 team went 5 deep and they did just fine. Depth is nice, but when your starting 5 is going D1, it's not always necessary. Same with the 2010 Moeller team

Moeller, East, LaSalle, Turpin, Elder, West, St. X, Princeton, Mt. Healthy, West Clermont
Elder vs Turpin will answer questions. Mt. Healthy is talented but hasn't played a top tier team. GCL South has all 4 in Top 10. Oak Hills next 6 games will give us a clear picture of them. The West game Friday is important.

I would put Hamilton over WC, Mt. Healthy, and Princeton right now anyway

D1 Power Rankings

1. Moeller
2. LaSalle
3. Lakota East
4. Turpin
5. Elder
6. Hamilton
7. Lakota West
8. Oak Hills
9. St. Xavier
10. Princeton

In 2013, we played Walnut Hills at XU in the regional final and lost in a hard fought battle. http://gcls.gclsports.com/bkGameStats.aspx?gameid=159965
They've had some good teams over the years. They used to get a number of kids from the same AAU team to transfer in to Walnut, not sure if they still do. I've heard this year's varsity team is not a typically strong Eagles team. I've also heard they have good underclassmen. If you can, check out their freshmen and JV teams.

Last edited:
any prediction for the lasalle v moeller game in a couple weeks

I actually like LaS on a bigger floor with Moe. I think Moe goes 6-0 in GCLS play but I could see LaS beating them on a college size floor at Cintas. They are a lot deeper than Moe and if they can get the game pace at a high level they can win. As for the game at LaS I think Moe wins a typical GCLS game in the 50-42 type range.