Top 10 HS Basketball Programs in Ohio

bbfan29

Congratulations to St.Edwards, VASJ, SVSM & Mentor for being 4 of the top 10 HS basketball programs in the state of Ohio in the last 10 years. Interesting that Mentor is the only public school making the list, but that does not take anything away from the catholic high schools. I feel it is a tribute to our area, recognizing us as a hotbed of HS basketball. Hope to see a couple more local schools up there in the near future.

Zezzo!

Why do u feel this is Bogus? It would be interesting to get different opinions.
Because Max Preps is always inaccurate, scores are wrong, schedules are inaccurate, records are incorrect. I have no problem with the teams perse' but the source; it's very opionated, and not factual. It's not like they have correspondents in each state.

coacha523

Congratulations to St.Edwards, VASJ, SVSM & Mentor for being 4 of the top 10 HS basketball programs in the state of Ohio in the last 10 years. Interesting that Mentor is the only public school making the list, but that does not take anything away from the catholic high schools. I feel it is a tribute to our area, recognizing us as a hotbed of HS basketball. Hope to see a couple more local schools up there in the near future.
What other local schools do you think have the best chance to be up there in the future. Just wondering? Thanks!

Irish60

What other local schools do you think have the best chance to be up there in the future. Just wondering? Thanks!
I don't see any other team from Summit County making that leap. From Stark County, I could see McKinley or Jackson considered. As for Cuyahoga County, Shaker Heights? Solon? St. Ignatius? I'd suggest Garfield Heights but they have seemingly done "less with more" to be considered. Sorry, I know it's the usual suspects I'm listing no matter how you look at it.

spirit454

I have to ask this question. Does the definition of a top high school program include the development of players from elementary to graduation or is it defined more by the players on the varsity roster? Both would have to and can have successful varsity records.

Irish60

I have to ask this question. Does the definition of a top high school program include the development of players from elementary to graduation or is it defined more by the players on the varsity roster? Both would have to and can have successful varsity records.
It seems to me the parameters they were using was the success of the varsity programs. It's likely the easiest way to quantify what "success" means. If you define success as developing young men then the discussion changes dramatically. But that type of success is much more difficult to quantify. If you define success as developing players from elementary school through high school, then that, too, is a completely different discussion because it would rule out most big city schools, both public and private, who don't have a dedicated feeder system where they could have that kind of impact. All are valid definitions of the word and good topics of conversation, but IMO the article that set off this thread was concentrating on the success of the varsity programs through the decade.

spirit454

It seems to me the parameters they were using was the success of the varsity programs. It's likely the easiest way to quantify what "success" means. If you define success as developing young men then the discussion changes dramatically. But that type of success is much more difficult to quantify. If you define success as developing players from elementary school through high school, then that, too, is a completely different discussion because it would rule out most big city schools, both public and private, who don't have a dedicated feeder system where they could have that kind of impact. All are valid definitions of the word and good topics of conversation, but IMO the article that set off this thread was concentrating on the success of the varsity programs through the decade.
Ok. When I see the word program I look at all levels. To me this would be more of a discussion of who consistently has the best varsity teams?