Tom Brady

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Do you think that Tom Brady will be leaving the Patriots?

It seems crazy but I'm starting to think it is going to happen. I also think that Belichick would be OK with it because he knows that Brady is slipping quickly. It is a shame that Brady might finish his career in a different uniform but there is a long list of QBs that have been down that road.

Do you think that Tom Brady will be leaving the Patriots?

It seems crazy but I'm starting to think it is going to happen. I also think that Belichick would be OK with it because he knows that Brady is slipping quickly. It is a shame that Brady might finish his career in a different uniform but there is a long list of QBs that have been down that road.
I'm not ready to say he's gone. Even though he's slipping, he still might be the Patriots' best option for 2020. I can't see Belichick wanting to go full rebuild at this point in his coaching career.

I think Kraft is so devoted to Brady that he's going to do everything imaginable to have Brady retire as a Patriot. Frankly, I think the marriage between Brady and Belichick is nearing irreconcilable differences. I think the only thing that keeps Brady in Boston is a healthy off-season of free agent signings and draft picks that shows Brady he has a real chance to win the Super Bowl. I think he's biding his time to see how it plays out. If it doesn't pan out, I think he heads to one of two places where he could win it all: Tennessee or SF.

Here's my hair brained "out there" theory/scenario:

Brady looks around, fields some offers, but doesn't want to end his career elsewhere (e.g. Johnny Unitas). He then realizes the Pats aren't all that enthralled with him returning. He decides to retire and accept a big number to go to ABC for more money than Romo just got. Part of the behind the scenes deal is that ABC and the NFL agree to make Monday night a flex game, and he joins some big name, like an Al Michaels, in the resurrection of Monday Night Football. At the end of the day, he gets $20M to sit in the booth rather than get beat on and doesn't risk sullying his legacy.

Tampa reportedly going all in on him. Would be interesting too see him with Arians. All in all I think he’ll be back in Massachusetts. Like mentioned, Kraft loves him like a son and Bill doesn’t want a full rebuild. If they want to get back to a Super Bowl , they’re gonna need to pull off a 2007 typed revamp on offense. Brady can’t mask there weaknesses like in the past and the skill players they have now just aren’t enough.

He signs with NE, and then they trade him to move up and get their franchise guy for the next 20 years.......

I think he stays.

Interesting. Personally, I don't like it but it is probably best for all involved. I don't see this playing out well for Brady but things must have gotten bad enough that he was willing to end his career in some strange uniform.

I hate this, it’s always sad to see legends end their career in mediocrity for another team. SF seems like the only half decent option, but why would you give up on Garappolo for a guy who won’t be there more than 2 seasons?

Tampa is a solid fit. 2 All Pro Wr plus Howard/Brate. Defense was ranked 5th by dvoa last year. Could’ve gone to a worse situation.

One thing I will say for Belichick is that he knows when a player is at the end. Brady looked like a fading star last year. Can't believe he'll get $30M a year for the player he is now.

It will be interesting watching Tom Brady playing for Tampa Bay. I will watch a couple of their games just to see it but I don't think things will go well. Just wish he would have retired at the top of his game instead of this squirming away to get a few extra games.

It will be interesting watching Tom Brady playing for Tampa Bay. I will watch a couple of their games just to see it but I don't think things will go well. Just wish he would have retired at the top of his game instead of this squirming away to get a few extra games.
I get this point of view but a player like Brady would much rather play until he’s got nothing left. He’d rather retire knowing he has nothing left to offer. 24 tds 8 int 4000 yds 12 wins is still competitive.

LIke htey were saying.....last year they lost 7 one score games and Jameis turned the ball over 18X in those games.

They have the tools around him and I hope he does well. Us old fogies in a young mans 'job' need to stick together.