Toledo D1 Districts

Lake District:
Top 2 seeds are #1 Lima Sr and #4 Sylvania Northview
Lima Sr is a lock to make district final.
#8 Toledo Start @ #6 Ashland could be an upset

Central Catholic District:
Top 2 seeds are #2 Toledo St John's and #3 Findlay
I think #10 St Francis can upset #5 Sylvania Southview
Findlay is very hot at the moment
St John's a lock to make it to district finals...

Thoughts?

Northview can beat Lima Sr if it's their day. Could really go either way. Should probably be one of the games of the year.
I think #10 St Francis can upset #5 Sylvania Southview
They got throttled by Southview when they played this season. I think Southview is gonna pull away from SFS easy.

Northview can beat Lima Sr if it's their day. Could really go either way. Should probably be one of the games of the year.

They got throttled by Southview when they played this season. I think Southview is gonna pull away from SFS easy.
As I predicted. St Francis with the win!!!

Good district semi-final matchups.

Northview vs Ashland: I will admit that I don't know much about Ashland. I'll pick Northview.

Perrysburg vs Lima: Lima is clearly better but Perrysburg is capable to making it a 'weird' game. I'll pick Lima.

St. Francis vs Findlay: This is the most interesting one in my eyes. The seeds would say that St. Francis winning would be an upset; however the Knights are extremely talented and just underachieved all season (plus some tough non-conference games didn't help their record). If you watched both teams separately and didn't look at records, you might think that St. Francis is the better team. Goes to show what good coaching can do at the high school level. I'll pick Findlay in a CLOSE one.

St. John's vs Anthony Wayne: I think the Titans will represent Northwest Ohio in the regional final. They are big and they are talented. I'll pick St. John's.

Good district semi-final matchups.

Northview vs Ashland: I will admit that I don't know much about Ashland. I'll pick Northview.

Perrysburg vs Lima: Lima is clearly better but Perrysburg is capable to making it a 'weird' game. I'll pick Lima.

St. Francis vs Findlay: This is the most interesting one in my eyes. The seeds would say that St. Francis winning would be an upset; however the Knights are extremely talented and just underachieved all season (plus some tough non-conference games didn't help their record). If you watched both teams separately and didn't look at records, you might think that St. Francis is the better team. Goes to show what good coaching can do at the high school level. I'll pick Findlay in a CLOSE one.

St. John's vs Anthony Wayne: I think the Titans will represent Northwest Ohio in the regional final. They are big and they are talented. I'll pick St. John's.

On paper Findlay should win this one. Findlay has probably the most impressive resume of any D1 team in NW Ohio with wins over Shawnee and St. Johns. TBH had Findlay not had a bad weekend in early January against Lima and OG they'd be the 1 seed in all this and would've been the outright TRAC champions. In what I saw via youtube against Lima, SFS looked very athletic and very capable of being a very good team. You're right, out of all the match ups this one will be the one to watch.

Lima beat Pburg by 13 almost 3 months ago. Will be interesting to see what a 3 month difference makes if any.

Big win for the Trojans over the Front Runners of St. Francis! St. Francis has to be the biggest disappointment of the season! Lots of talent but boy, are they poorly coached!!

St. John's takes down Anthony Wayne 59-41. Wow the Johnnies are impressive.

Trojans and Titans meet on Friday for a trip to the Regionals. I am surprised that Findlay beat St. John's the first time around. I would be a little stunned if they can pull it off again. St. John's just looks to big and too talented.

St. John's takes down Anthony Wayne 59-41. Wow the Johnnies are impressive.

Trojans and Titans meet on Friday for a trip to the Regionals. I am surprised that Findlay beat St. John's the first time around. I would be a little stunned if they can pull it off again. St. John's just looks to big and too talented.
SJJ v Findlay should be a really game....both teams starting 5 have nice size and are equally talented. SJJ might have the better bench if that becomes a factor.

Northview takes down Ashland. Tied at halftime but a run early in the 4th quarter gave Northview the 76-64 win. Good offensive game.

Lima defeats Perrysburg 51-41.

I would imagine that this is the first time since they reformatted these districts that all 4 of the top seeds advanced to the District Championship game.

Findlay just absolutely out coached tonight against St. John’s!! What an awful game plan thrown together by Coach Rucki!!

St. John's took an early lead and didn't look back. They took the air out of the ball in the second half and the Trojans couldn't do much about it. One of their possessions in the 4th quarter lasted about 3 minutes. Final score was 41-26.

St. John's was the better team. They've gotta be scratching their head wondering how they lost to Findlay the first time. I know that Findlay is a good team that is well coached but the talent that St. John's has is just better. I've seen Lima, St. John's and Findlay all multiple times this season and the talent of Findlay is just simply not as good as the other two. The fact that they shared the league title with them is quite an accomplishment. Kudos to them. Heck of season.

It's a lot easier to 'out coach' somebody when your players are better than theirs lol.

of course the coach with the better players could still screw the pooch. But didn't. So let's give props to both and hope SJJ loses in the next round. :D

What, did I forget to say I'm pulling for the teams in the other bracket?

It's a lot easier to 'out coach' somebody when your players are better than theirs lol.
Or when you are down 10 in the third quarter and St. John’s is holding the ball and you are sitting in a box and 1 or in the 4th down 10 with 4 minutes left with 2 team fouls and you just let St.Johns pass the ball over your head. Why not foul the game out?

Findlay always seems to lack aggression in March. Seemed content losing by 10, than trying and losing by 30.
That’s exactly how I felt when watching the game!! Why not try to go after St. John’s? What’s the difference if you get beat by 1, 10, or 30 points in the tournament? Why not go out swinging instead of backing into a corner and hoping you get lucky the other team doesn’t play well.
Just a sad way to watch a team in the district finals go out. You have your best team in years and you don’t let them go out with a fight! Hard to play when your hands and feet are both tied up.

St. John's took an early lead and didn't look back. They took the air out of the ball in the second half and the Trojans couldn't do much about it. One of their possessions in the 4th quarter lasted about 3 minutes. Final score was 41-26.

St. John's was the better team. They've gotta be scratching their head wondering how they lost to Findlay the first time. I know that Findlay is a good team that is well coached but the talent that St. John's has is just better. I've seen Lima, St. John's and Findlay all multiple times this season and the talent of Findlay is just simply not as good as the other two. The fact that they shared the league title with them is quite an accomplishment. Kudos to them. Heck of season.

Between this and Toledo Christian’s effort last night, can we please put a shot clock or some kind of anti-stall rule in? I hate the “play better defense” line. Any teams with decent guards can dribble and pass around for a minute or two. It’s just so anti-climactic to get to March, and have a team just sit on the ball to win some low scoring game

Between this and Toledo Christian’s effort last night, can we please put a shot clock or some kind of anti-stall rule in? I hate the “play better defense” line. Any teams with decent guards can dribble and pass around for a minute or two. It’s just so anti-climactic to get to March, and have a team just sit on the ball to win some low scoring game

Perhaps the reason you hate the "play better defense" line because you can't counter it so you'd prefer it just go away. In the TCC, Antwerp game, which team would you say was "sitting" on the ball?