Toledo Area Basketball 22-23

I saw them play Wayne Trace last Saturday at OG. Wayne Trace controlled the entire game....but lost by 1. No idea how TC has beaten some of the teams they have
Watched the replay on a Lima TV station and you are correct.

What I don't get is Findlay. I've seen Findlay play enough to state that Wayne Trace wouldn't come within 30, yet here we are. Nonetheless, congrats to Columbian.

Watched the replay on a Lima TV station and you are correct.

What I don't get is Findlay. I've seen Findlay play enough to state that Wayne Trace wouldn't come within 30, yet here we are. Nonetheless, congrats to Columbian.
Wayne Trace played one of the best defensive games I've ever seen. They mixed it up....man, zone and a box in one. They really had TC's scorer (Beaston?) frustrated. There were times he went 2-3 minute without touching the ball. WT absolutely outworked TC. Maybe TC thought they were gonna walk over WT....I don't know, but they were awfully lucky to get the win

Jerry Easter reaches 1000 points in just 34 games
This means that he averaged about ~29 ppg in those 34. With a healthy Easter, a standout frosh in Miles, and the criminally unsung Tylin Patterson-Davis (among others) does EC have the chance to make a state run? They'd have to face Delta or Swanton in the district final, and then face off against an NE team (Norwayne or Canton CC) in the regional semi before facing what I will assume to be Ottawa-Glandorf in the final. I would personally kill to see a Collin White/Jerry Easter battle unfold in the Stroh Center.

This means that he averaged about ~29 ppg in those 34. With a healthy Easter, a standout frosh in Miles, and the criminally unsung Tylin Patterson-Davis (among others) does EC have the chance to make a state run? They'd have to face Delta or Swanton in the district final, and then face off against an NE team (Norwayne or Canton CC) in the regional semi before facing what I will assume to be Ottawa-Glandorf in the final. I would personally kill to see a Collin White/Jerry Easter battle unfold in the Stroh Center.
OG vs EC in the Stroh would be a tough ticket. Similar to when the Etzler brothers and Crestview played Zeb and MVCD.

I am always concerned about teams in the tournament who rely on defense to create offense and are careless with the ball. In the games I watched they gave up a lot of points and were high turnover. With their length and athleticism their half court defense should be way better than it is.

With that said they are talented enough to get away with it and roll through the district. Regional is when those issues "could" be exposed.

Delta, Swanton, Wayne Trace and Liberty Center all have equal opportunities to win the bottom half of the bracket...and then lose to Emmanuel Baptist.

Delta, Swanton, Wayne Trace and Liberty Center all have equal opportunities to win the bottom half of the bracket...and then lose to Emmanuel Baptist.
Saw Wayne Trace play Tiffin Columbian last weekend. I'd put them as the favorite to get to match up with EC

Elmwood 14-10-8-8 - 40
Fostoria 5-20-22-14 - 61

Elmwood (5-15, 1-12): 18-43 FG, 2-10 FT, 2-10 3pt (Lentz, Wickard), 28 rebounds (Lentz 6), 14 turnovers. Scoring: Landry Seedorf 1 0-0 2, Kade Lentz 6 1-2 14, Andrew Traxler 0 0-0 0, Hayden Wickard 7 0-0 15, Zach May 1 0-0 2, Jackson Childress 1 0-2 2, Allen Sterling 2 1-3 5, Evan Barringer 0 0-2 0, Jack Hummel 0 0-1 0.

Fostoria (8-12, 6-7): 24-41 FG, 8-11 FT, 5-8 3pt (Johnson 3, O'Neal, C. Miller), 19 rebounds (Tucker 6); 8 turnovers. Scoring: Machi Johnson 7 2-2 19, Aidan Sprang 0 2-2 2, Jordan Ferguson 3 0-0 6, Jason Harpster 0 1-2 1, Chaz McBeth-Settles 0 0-0 0, Kristian Carter-Stokes 2 1-2 5, Jayceon Tucker 9 2-3 20, Ryan O'Neal 1 0-0 3, Gavin Miller 1 0-0 2, Cayden Miller 1 0-0 3.

I wish dhsdog06 was still around. Two weeks ago I thought that Defiance was a lock to have a deep tourney run but then they lose to LCC? Someone please explain that one to me.

LCC is playing well right now and just happened to hit everything it threw up in the 2nd half, and Defiance wasn't having a good shooting game. It was certainly disappointing but if they played 10 times I bet Defiance wins 7 or 8. But I don't think Defiance was ever a lock for a deep tourney run. The regional is very tough but it could easily lose to St. Marys in the district final - or semifinal. Certainly against good teams, both of the leading scorers have to hit their averages or more, and someone else has to provide at least a little bit of scoring.

Conference breakdown of teams left from each conference going into districts:

TRAC
St. Francis
Lima Senior
St. John's
Findlay
Whitmer
Central Catholic

City
Start

NLL
Perrysburg
Bowling Green

NBC
Rossford

TAAC
Stritch
Emmanuel
Toledo Christian

NWOAL
Wauseon
Archbold
Swanton
Patrick Henry

I’m going to be that guy, but holy smokes we need a shot clock. These gyms are absolutely empty

Need to go away from split sessions, IMO. I'm not driving up there to pay $16 and clear the gym between games. Maybe find a way to charge $12 for a ticket good for both and come up with a way to clear out everyone who only has a ticket for one game...but the split session just incentivizes me to stay home. I don't care about the shot clock. Evergreen wasn't exactly Loyola Marymount or the Showtime Lakers, but I enjoyed watching them play Stritch back in 2020 just fine.

District Finals:

SJJ vs. Whitmer
Perrysburg vs. Lima Senior
Rossford vs. Central
Defiance vs. VanWert
OG vs. Spencerville

I haven't kept up with the rest...Stritch is still playing, aren't they?

Looks like the TRAC should have teams in the Regional Final in D1 and D2.

District Finals:

SJJ vs. Whitmer
Perrysburg vs. Lima Senior
Rossford vs. Central
Defiance vs. VanWert
OG vs. Spencerville

I haven't kept up with the rest...Stritch is still playing, aren't they?

Looks like the TRAC should have teams in the Regional Final in D1 and D2.
Don't count out Van Wert if they get by Defiance. 7 losses by a total of 20 points this season. Wouldn't be surprised to see them get the W tomorrow