Toledo Area Basketball 22-23

NLL
Perrysburg, Springfield, Anthony Wayne all 8-2
Northview 7-3

NBC
Rossford and Genoa heading toward a league championship game last game of the year.

TAAC
Stritch knocks off Emmanuel last night.

TRAC
Lima Senior with another big win. Whitmer holds off St John’s in OT.

Oh Idk, maybe because both Defiance and Ottawa are, in fact, Toledo area?

I understand if y'all have to drive more than 10 miles you b****, but there's actual stuff that happens outside of the daily Toledo shootings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230204_124748_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230204_124748_Samsung Internet.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 21

I understand if y'all have to drive more than 10 miles you b****, but there's actual stuff that happens outside of the daily Toledo shootings.

Woah.

I believe EIB was saying "We do care. It is Toledo "Area". Big games, and conference titles are interesting to follow."

Chill out dude. Not our fault the Blade/BCSN is too greedy and lazy to retain people that actually give a dang about covering schools outside that “10 mile” radius. Blame the Blocks for that.

I for one am interested to see how a powerful state-ranked OG plays against a surging also state-ranked Defiance.

IMO, I’d like to see OG matchup against Emmanuel Christian in the playoffs, as well as a Defiance-CC meeting.

You're not making sense. You implied we wouldn't be interested. I said we would at the least because teams will meet down the line. Then you come up with this? If I recall correctly, YOU are one opposed to Defiane joining NLL. I said I'd like that opportunity.

Starting from scratch.
YES, if you can quit being a whiney little beatch, we Toledo proper types would be interested in hearing about the WBL. We have a long history of playing those schools, even getting whooped by those schools, of seeing players from the schools repping at the the local UToledo University and BG's community college.

Anthony Wayne 76
Perrysburg 66 (2 OT)

Anthony Wayne, Perrysburg and Springfield tied for 1st at (8-2)

Springfield at Perrysburg, Tuesday, 02/07
Another close game where PBURG falls apart. I honestly don’t have a good feeling about this team in the tournament. They are going to play good teams and there are going to be close games. They haven’t won a close game yet this year. They either play really well and blow a team out, which they’ve done quite a few times, or it’s a close game, and they choke down the stretch. Happened again last night. Got off to a slow start and were down early and then came back in the second quarter and were ahead at halftime. Got a little lead in the third quarter and let AW come back but still had the lead at the end of the third quarter. Then in the fourth quarter they were up 10 and gave it up. Had a chance to win it at the end of regulation and didn’t even get off a shot. Had a chance to win it at the end of the first overtime and after a time out, there was no good play design and we had to take a tough baseline jumper falling out of bounds. then it almost looked like they gave up in the second overtime, and obviously got outscored by 10.

Pburg was 5-23 (22%) from 3. 44% on the season coming in.

AW was 23-29 from the FT line.

The Blade stopped covering Defiance years ago for "economic" reasons, although I'm not sure how much money can be saved by simply not listing the scores with a 2 or 3-sentence brief of what happened, because Defiance would rarely get a feature write up. The TV channels still show highlights once in a while, although even the local sports segments are mere shells of what Orris Tabner and those guys would do. At least, channel 11 does. I can't remember the last time Defiance got a mention on 13, other than a score being on the bottom line.

Anyway, Defiance has won once at O-G since the early-mid 90s, that was when it won state, so it's going to take a lot of luck.

The Blade stopped covering Defiance years ago for "economic" reasons, although I'm not sure how much money can be saved by simply not listing the scores with a 2 or 3-sentence brief of what happened, because Defiance would rarely get a feature write up. The TV channels still show highlights once in a while, although even the local sports segments are mere shells of what Orris Tabner and those guys would do. At least, channel 11 does. I can't remember the last time Defiance got a mention on 13, other than a score being on the bottom line.

Anyway, Defiance has won once at O-G since the early-mid 90s, that was when it won state, so it's going to take a lot of luck.
Defiance won State in 2015, a year after those pesky Norwalk Mother Truckers did the deed

Got to see Columbian today. They had all they could handle from Wayne Trace and won 56-54. Can't imagine them being a contender for anything more than maybe a Sectional title

Defiance won State in 2015, a year after those pesky Norwalk Mother Truckers did the deed
Yes, maybe I didn't word it the greatest, I meant 2015 was the only time Defiance has won at O-G since the early 90s. So maybe Defiance will either lose Friday, or win and then win state again since that is obviously a harbinger. :unsure:

Does The Blade still cover anything

Woah, chill out. You completely misinterpreted what East said.

Does The Blade still cover anything
I realize most people in Toledo hate the Blade, but at least there are daily articles, even if it's only online. In Defiance we get 3 days a week of newspaper, almost nothing beyond local news because of limited space, and the opinion page is one-sided crap.

I realize most people in Toledo hate the Blade, but at least there are daily articles, even if it's only online. In Defiance we get 3 days a week of newspaper, almost nothing beyond local news because of limited space, and the opinion page is one-sided crap.
Big problem everywhere. People are now left to get their news from Fakebook. 😲

A little media "inside baseball" the Blade ALWAYS had a Defiance football picture in its Saturday morning sports pages in the fall in the 1980s. Why? at that time the Crescent News was a 6-day-a-week paper that printed on Sundays but not Saturdays. They thought it would be another reason for Defiance folks to buy the paper.

Crazy that the last week of the regular season is upon us.

TRAC
Whitmer and Central will clinch co-titles with wins over Ross and Clay each next week

TAAC
Emmanuel Christian wins it outright next Friday with a victory over MVCD. If they would happen to slip up, and Stritch beats Ottawa Hills. It would be a co-championship between EC and Stritch.

NBC
Rossford controls own destiny right now (13-0) going to Genoa (12-1) next Friday. Rossford claims outright title with a win. Genoa can grab a share with an upset victory.

City
Start has won regular season crown. Is there still a city league tournament?

NLL
Interesting week in the NLL as they have 2 league games this week. Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne sit atop right now at 10-2 each. Perrysburg could clinch a share with wins over Napoleon and Southview. AW can clinch a share with wins over Southview and BG. If Southview plays the spoiler role and Napoleon and BG pull out wins - Springfield could backdoor their way into a 3-way share of the league title.

NWOAL
Coming down to Patrick Henry and Wauseon. If PH beats Archbold, they earn at least a share. Same scenario with Wauseon beating Bryan.

Some of tonight's games

Findlay at Columbian
Bowling Green at Ross
Start at Central Catholic
Rogers at St. John's
Bath at Defiance
Lexington at Ottawa-Glandorf
Napoleon at Archbold
Liberty-Benton at Patrick Henry

Crazy that the last week of the regular season is upon us.

TRAC
Whitmer and Central will clinch co-titles with wins over Ross and Clay each next week

TAAC
Emmanuel Christian wins it outright next Friday with a victory over MVCD. If they would happen to slip up, and Stritch beats Ottawa Hills. It would be a co-championship between EC and Stritch.

NBC
Rossford controls own destiny right now (13-0) going to Genoa (12-1) next Friday. Rossford claims outright title with a win. Genoa can grab a share with an upset victory.

City
Start has won regular season crown. Is there still a city league tournament?

NLL
Interesting week in the NLL as they have 2 league games this week. Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne sit atop right now at 10-2 each. Perrysburg could clinch a share with wins over Napoleon and Southview. AW can clinch a share with wins over Southview and BG. If Southview plays the spoiler role and Napoleon and BG pull out wins - Springfield could backdoor their way into a 3-way share of the league title.

NWOAL
Coming down to Patrick Henry and Wauseon. If PH beats Archbold, they earn at least a share. Same scenario with Wauseon beating Bryan.
Yes on the City League.

Scott plays Bowsher and Start plays Rogers.