Toledo Area Basketball 22-23

Perrysburg opponents that they have beaten 43-42 (50.5%) and Nview is 38-57 (40%). That's only a 10% gap.

As with any metric, the more data that is able to be collected over time helps to paint a clearer picture.

I will say though, NV is benefited due to their mass scheduling of TCL teams (Bowsher, Woodward, Waite, Start). Bigger schools and Start and Bowsher both have respectable W%.
And let’s not forget head to head Perrysburg already beat them by 29 this year.

Perrysburg opponents that they have beaten 43-42 (50.5%) and Nview is 38-57 (40%). That's only a 10% gap.

As with any metric, the more data that is able to be collected over time helps to paint a clearer picture.

I will say though, NV is benefited due to their mass scheduling of TCL teams (Bowsher, Woodward, Waite, Start). Bigger schools and Start and Bowsher both have respectable W%.
only? In sports, in a zero-sum game, that's kind of huge. Only is 1-2%.

Looks like it's going to be one of those match-up kind of seasons. Cherry St have a full complement of players?
I caught a little bit of it online as Whitmer streams all of their games on YouTube and I think Nave was in street clothes. I could be wrong but I caught most of the 3rd quarter and did not see him on the floor and he was not in today's box score.

only? In sports, in a zero-sum game, that's kind of huge. Only is 1-2%.

Considering the games played this week and weekend, that gap in % could close to 4% or 5%. So yes, "only". It is all semantics anyway until the final February rankings. I get your point though. Mine is - these can change somewhat drastically week to week.

First Blade Poll

Division I

1. Start, 8-3 record
2. Findlay, 9-3
3. Perrysburg, 9-3
4. Northview, 10-1
5. Whitmer, 7-4

Division II
1. Central Catholic, 8-2 record
2. Rossford 9-2
3. Napoleon 6-6
4. Wauseon 7-5
5. Port Clinton 6-4

Division III
1. Emmanuel Christian, 9-1
2. Cardinal Stritch, 10-1
3. Liberty-Benton, 10-0
4. Genoa, 9-1
5. Swanton, 9-2

Division IV
1. Patrick Henry, 10-1
2. Toledo Christian, 8-2
3. Old Fort, 9-2
4. Pettisville, 8-4
5. Maumee Valley, 5-5

First Blade Poll

Division I

1. Start, 8-3 record
2. Findlay, 9-3
3. Perrysburg, 9-3
4. Northview, 10-1
5. Whitmer, 7-4

Division II
1. Central Catholic, 8-2 record
2. Rossford 9-2
3. Napoleon 6-6
4. Wauseon 7-5
5. Port Clinton 6-4

Division III
1. Emmanuel Christian, 9-1
2. Cardinal Stritch, 10-1
3. Liberty-Benton, 10-0
4. Genoa, 9-1
5. Swanton, 9-2

Division IV
1. Patrick Henry, 10-1
2. Toledo Christian, 8-2
3. Old Fort, 9-2
4. Pettisville, 8-4
5. Maumee Valley, 5-5
Obviously OG is not considered NW Ohio any longer.

Obviously OG is not considered NW Ohio any longer.
The Putnam County teams got dumped from the Blade rankings quite a while ago.

Interesting post on Twitter today. AP boys state poll got pushed back to next week, but the write at the Cleveland Plain Dealer posted what he would have turned in. He has Rossford at #2 in D2 and Defiance at #5.

In D3 he has OG at #3 and Emmanuel Christian #4

The Putnam County teams got dumped from the Blade rankings quite a while ago.

Interesting post on Twitter today. AP boys state poll got pushed back to next week, but the write at the Cleveland Plain Dealer posted what he would have turned in. He has Rossford at #2 in D2 and Defiance at #5.

In D3 he has OG at #3 and Emmanuel Christian #4
He has Tiffin Columbian at #7 in D2, they’re D1.

Perrysburg hosts the Fighting Irish tonight. I keep hearing different times. Varsity at 5:30 or 6?

Perrysburg 27
TCC 23

Halftime

Perrysburg shakes off a sluggish/bad start to come back big-time in the second quarter and take the lead. Might have been a 10-0 run to end the 2Q.

St. Francis v. Liberty Center/SJJ v. BG/Rossford v. Onsted at Rossford this afternoon.

Onsted has 6'10" Ayden Davis, younger brother of Michigan grad Austin Davis. He and Derek Vorst play and practice against kids their own size all the time in AAU, but rarely in HS. Cli'Ron Hornbeak is the last guy I can think of on Rossford's schedule other than the kid from University Prep who was on the floor for about 5 minutes before he was in foul trouble.

St. Francis v. Liberty Center/SJJ v. BG/Rossford v. Onsted at Rossford this afternoon.

Onsted has 6'10" Ayden Davis, younger brother of Michigan grad Austin Davis. He and Derek Vorst play and practice against kids their own size all the time in AAU, but rarely in HS. Cli'Ron Hornbeak is the last guy I can think of on Rossford's schedule other than the kid from University Prep who was on the floor for about 5 minutes before he was in foul trouble.
Onsted is 8-1 with their only loss to 9-0 Olivet.

Looks like you left at halftime 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
Irish ☘️ with a solid 4 point win and a finish to the program sweep 🧹
Right…..because posting on Yappi was the first thing I thought about after the game. I had a minute at halftime so I did. After the game…not so much.

It was a pretty good game by 2 pretty good teams. Pburg did not shoot as well as they normally do. TCC shot 48% and Pburg 42% (54% on the season for Pburg) and only 21% from 3 (44% normally). TCC shot 56%.

Fouls were even (18-16) and so were FT’s for the most part but TCC shot better 82% vs 68%. TCC was 18-22 and Pburg was 13-19.

Fact is Pburg is getting outcoached in most of their games against good teams. Pburg is on a little slide ride now (2-3 in their last 5). Hopefully they get it turned around in these last 8 league games before the tournament starts.

Right…..because posting on Yappi was the first thing I thought about after the game. I had a minute at halftime so I did. After the game…not so much.

It was a pretty good game by 2 pretty good teams. Pburg did not shoot as well as they normally do. TCC shot 48% and Pburg 42% (54% on the season for Pburg) and only 21% from 3 (44% normally). TCC shot 56%.

Fouls were even (18-16) and so were FT’s for the most part but TCC shot better 82% vs 68%. TCC was 18-22 and Pburg was 13-19.

Fact is Pburg is getting outcoached in most of their games against good teams. Pburg is on a little slide ride now (2-3 in their last 5). Hopefully they get it turned around in these last 8 league games before the tournament starts.
One could assume, with the stats your brought forward that, Perrysburg was 'outplayed'. they shot 21% lower from 3, 12% lower overall and missed 1/3 of their free throws.

I just dont see how its factual, to say PB is being outcoached against good teams. The stats sing a little different tune.

Seeding with the Martin RPI, it looks like Perrysburg as the 2nd seed would open with Clay/Fremont Ross and then have Start/SJJ in the 2nd round. I think I'd rather be the #3 seed and have Springfield or AW next. Start at #7 and SJJ at #10 is a tough draw.

Seeding with the Martin RPI, it looks like Perrysburg as the 2nd seed would open with Clay/Fremont Ross and then have Start/SJJ in the 2nd round. I think I'd rather be the #3 seed and have Springfield or AW next. Start at #7 and SJJ at #10 is a tough draw.
Martin RPI is only for seeding not for the placement. Coaches will still have that choice (except 1 and 2 must go opposite) In theory Whitmer at the 3 seed could jump Findlay or Pburg game 1 if they wanted too, this rarely if ever happens.

That's not how it works. Seeding determines the order that coaches will place themselves on the bracket...just as it's always been. It doesn't mean 1 v 16, 2 v 15, 3 v 14, etc

Martin RPI is only for seeding not for the placement. Coaches will still have that choice (except 1 and 2 must go opposite) In theory Whitmer at the 3 seed could jump Findlay or Pburg game 1 if they wanted too, this rarely if ever happens.

I guess my point is that St. John's and Start are pretty good for not being top four seeds - tough matchups for whoever draws them in a sectional game. I think either is a bad matchup for Perrysburg.

I guess my point is that St. John's and Start are pretty good for not being top four seeds - tough matchups for whoever draws them in a sectional game. I think either is a bad matchup for Perrysburg.
100%- I have always thought that the process we use is sort of backwards. Yes, the top seeds get to place where they want on the brackets but they have little choice of who they play against. I generally care less about the location/site and more about who I want to matchup with. More often than not I would much rather be a 7 or 8 seed (that is under seeded) than a 3 or 4 seed (that is over seeded) I can see who is on the board ahead of me and who I want to go after. (In NW D1) I would like to have the bottom 4 seeds all placed in one of the 4 quadrants of the play in game, then give the 1 through 4 seeds choice in order to go jump one of those teams or take the bye (winner of play in game) The bottom teams should and most likely will draw one of the top 4 seeds or at least have to win a game to get to a top 4 seed. The top seeds can go play one of these teams and get an "easy" win or they can protect themselves by getting the winner of a play in game and not getting jumped by each other game 1. The way we do it now to me doesn't necessarily "reward" the top seeds as they have to place and not sure who they will have to play.

100%- I have always thought that the process we use is sort of backwards. Yes, the top seeds get to place where they want on the brackets but they have little choice of who they play against. I generally care less about the location/site and more about who I want to matchup with. More often than not I would much rather be a 7 or 8 seed (that is under seeded) than a 3 or 4 seed (that is over seeded) I can see who is on the board ahead of me and who I want to go after. (In NW D1) I would like to have the bottom 4 seeds all placed in one of the 4 quadrants of the play in game, then give the 1 through 4 seeds choice in order to go jump one of those teams or take the bye (winner of play in game) The bottom teams should and most likely will draw one of the top 4 seeds or at least have to win a game to get to a top 4 seed. The top seeds can go play one of these teams and get an "easy" win or they can protect themselves by getting the winner of a play in game and not getting jumped by each other game 1. The way we do it now to me doesn't necessarily "reward" the top seeds as they have to place and not sure who they will have to play.
I'm pretty sure the top seeds can pass and wait until other teams place themselves. #1 doesn't have to go on the bracket first, but normally they do....know the rest of the matchups normally end up pretty close to the seeds, unless there is a lower seeded team that feels they matchup up better with someone higher and wants to jump in against them right away

I'm pretty sure the top seeds can pass and wait until other teams place themselves. #1 doesn't have to go on the bracket first, but normally they do....know the rest of the matchups normally end up pretty close to the seeds, unless there is a lower seeded team that feels they matchup up better with someone higher and wants to jump in against them right away
We used to be able to pass (which I liked) but they changed that several years back. Now 1 goes first and the only rule is 2 must go into the opposite District. And I agree for the most part the seeds generally play out like you would expect but more times than not as I have said in previous posts, when you are a top 1 or 2 you don't really care until District Finals and the lower seeds 12 or higher you maybe just trying to hopefully win 1 game then run into a really tough matchup but that middle group is the strategy group where getting the right path/matchups might help get you to a District title game. This is why I don't like the current process because let's use SJJ as the current example I would say they are a pretty strong 10 seed currently and If I'm sitting at 5 and I go into the district/bracket I want now I have no control if SJJ jumps me game 1 or even the 6 seed could jump me game 1. So If I had the better season (or had the higher seed ranking) I feel like I should have the choice instead of the seeds behind me picking the path forward.