Toledo Area Basketball 21-22

Not sure why I would have smoke coming out of my ears, unless you are referring to the spanking that our Little Giants were given by Lima last night. I expected that.

As far as the new gym, I am so proud of my hometown. In less than ten years the Fremont City Schools replaced an aging and expensive to maintain stock of buildings with brand new schools. New high school, new middle school, and all new elementary schools. Even with help from the state, that is not a inexpensive venture to undertake in a school district that is far from wealthy.

Now if we could just replace the crappy visitors side at the Don.
Replacing the visitors side at Don Paul with some decent seating even half way comparable to the home side would make that stadium tops in Ohio IMO.

Time to start giving Napoleon some credit for an 8-2 record. They have been flying under the radar. Loss to Patrick Henry was a head scratcher at 1st, but PH is now 9-2. For that matter how good is Patrick Henry?

Both teams are having real nice seasons, but I know nothing about them. Has anyone seen them play?
Napoleon has 2 wins over teams above .500 and one is Liberty Center....and also wins over traditional powers Tinora and Holgate lol. I think they need to hit up a few of the better teams on their schedule before we can get too excited lol

Napoleon has 2 wins over teams above .500 and one is Liberty Center....and also wins over traditional powers Tinora and Holgate lol. I think they need to hit up a few of the better teams on their schedule before we can get too excited lol
Wauseon and BG are solid wins. Hard to put up 70 on Wauseon in any year.

Napoleon host a struggling Southview Friday. If they can beat the Cougars, they will definitely open one of my eyes.
Not sure I'd say they are struggling, it's just that they played 2 of the best teams in NWO over their past two games. Prior to that they had won 3 in a row. Not sure too many teams would fair well playing Northview and Perrysburg back to back.

I do find it odd that Northview is ranked ahead of Lima Senior who beat them pretty good head to head. The one Lima Senior loss is kind of a head scratcher though. Lost to a 4-6 Mansfield Senior team in OT. But I guess it was only their 2nd game so there's that.

Not sure I'd say they are struggling, it's just that they played 2 of the best teams in NWO over their past two games. Prior to that they had won 3 in a row. Not sure too many teams would fair well playing Northview and Perrysburg back to back.

I do find it odd that Northview is ranked ahead of Lima Senior who beat them pretty good head to head. The one Lima Senior loss is kind of a head scratcher though. Lost to a 4-6 Mansfield Senior team in OT. But I guess it was only their 2nd game so there's that.
Had 3 of our starters out that night for playing in an unsanctioned summer league game..

Spartan87, you are absolutely correct in your answer to PburgFan2212 on how Lima Senior managed to lose
to Mansfield Sr. in the second game of the season 61-59 in overtime. The absence of the 3 starters ( Khali Luster, Jareon Mayo, and Brent Moss ) suspended for one game because of an unsanctioned summer game really made a huge impact on
the final outcome.

To provide the full significance of their not playing against Mansfield Sr., you only have to look at their contribution in the previous night's win against Findlay when those three starters combined for 44 points of the 63 points the Spartans scored . That is a loss of 70% of the Spartans scoring ! It's interesting to note Camren Miles, who was held out of the Findlay game, however was able to play against Mansfield Sr. and was leading scorer in the game with 26 points, in essence picking up much of the slack of losing 44 points of offense.

JB

Sorted braygatron4's RPI adding league and combining divisions ....... because - well I was bored.

A few outliers that may play themselves out by the end of the season. Some of the larger schools playing tougher schedules and losing games are probably a little too low and some small schools with good records playing a weaker schedule a little too high. Not sure a team like Whitmer losing an OT game to Lima or a 4 point game to Central gets credit for playing them tough with the formula.

But when looking solely by division the rankings look to be pretty much spot on. Which is why he probably didn't combine divisions - duh.

1642087473638.png

1642087504754.png

Last edited:
Well, considering several of the NLL teams won't play OG any more......I don't see them getting in :)
Which NLL teams "won't" play them anymore? Just curious. I would like to see Perrysburg play them this year. Next year as well. Perrysburg will have a little "surprise" on next year's team. ;)

Southview 61
Napoleon 47

Basketball is so strange. SV loses to Pburg by 27 Tuesday night. Turns around and beats at good Napoleon team by 14 on the road a couple nights later.

Or is it that Napoleon hasn't really played anyone? Not taking anything away from their record but they've beaten nobody good. Maumee, Tinora, Springfield, Wauseon, Liberty Center, Holgate, Bryan and Bowling Green. Pretty sure all of those teams have a losing record with the exception of Wauseon (7-4) and Liberty Center (5-4). And Wauseon is nowhere near as good as they usually are.

Games of night
Perrysburg @ Northview
Lima @ Findlay

I’ll take Northview with home court advantage.
Give me Findlay at home. Playing well and will have their home town refs.

Games of night
Perrysburg @ Northview
Lima @ Findlay

I’ll take Northview with home court advantage.
Give me Findlay at home. Playing well and will have their home town refs.
I'll take Perrysburg and Lima.

Perrysburg and Northview has played some fantastic games over the years. I'll take Perrysburg in another classic.

Findlay is good for an upset or two each season, but I don't think it's tonight. Lima is clearly the better team. I think Findlay will hang with them, but I'd be surprised if the Trojans can pull it off. And unfortunately for Findlay, the refs are chosen by the TRAC so there will be no 'home town' bias tonight.

I watched am admittingly less than average flyer team dominate and destroy Northwood. With that, if EC locks in defensively and actually shows some want to on D, can they hold Northwood to single digits?

I watched am admittingly less than average flyer team dominate and destroy Northwood. With that, if EC locks in defensively and actually shows some want to on D, can they hold Northwood to single digits?

I don't think so. EC is not a good defensive team. They give up 55 ppg and it is not because of lack of effort. Too much gambling for steals and poor rotation.

Lake looks to be a little better (5-7) than recent teams - pre and post Bowen. I had to look up the Lake/Northwood game.......57-43. Did you get caught by a few Northwood red light cameras and speed traps :)?

Over under for dunks is 7.

1642188555838.png

I don't think so. EC is not a good defensive team. They give up 55 ppg and it is not because of lack of effort. Too much gambling for steals and poor rotation.

Lake looks to be a little better (5-7) than recent teams - pre and post Bowen. I had to look up the Lake/Northwood game.......57-43. Did you get caught by a few Northwood red light cameras and speed traps :)?

Over under for dunks is 7.

View attachment 25361
The 5 teams they beat have a collective record of 10-40, with over half of the wins coming against either each other or Jones Leadership academy. Theyve been beat by 30+ points 4 times out of 12 contests, once by Delta. If they win more than 2 of their last 10 games Id be shocked. 8th-10th grade they have some pretty good athletes. Looking forward to what their JV coach will do with them as the Varsity coach in the future.

The 5 teams they beat have a collective record of 10-40, with over half of the wins coming against either each other or Jones Leadership academy. Theyve been beat by 30+ points 4 times out of 12 contests, once by Delta. If they win more than 2 of their last 10 games Id be shocked. 8th-10th grade they have some pretty good athletes. Looking forward to what their JV coach will do with them as the Varsity coach in the future.

Wasn't saying Lake is good (and Northwood is a few steps below them) - just pointing out that they are a pretty typical/average Lake team....they beat Northwood by 14. I wasn't at the game so maybe it was worse than the score (57-43), but it wasn't like they ran them out of the gym scoring in the 80s or shut them down on D holding them in the 20s or 30s.

It really doesn't matter, but I don't think Lake "destroyed/dominated" Northwood on either ends based on the final score and not being able to witness the game.

I could be wrong though - not the first or last time that would happen.

I could be wrong though - not the first or last time that would happen.
Id venture to say youre right more than wrong. You seem to have a good grasp of the area hoops and I appreciate your insight on here. I figured I had to respond to you cause East has been missing and I personally like your guys back and forths.

Last I heard they dont have red light cameras in Norfwood anymore so I am hoping you are wrong on that front. I may have to venture through the Greased Side and find out, wouldnt mind checking out Emmanuel Baptist either.