Tired of seeing powerhouses play patsies?

warren1st

This is getting sadder by the year. The big power houses now play much smaller and less talented school to rack up points to get into the playoffs. The smaller teams aren’t totally absolved off all the blame either as they take home a huge payday.

Looks like it’s all about money"……….sad.

I remember the years when Michigan played Norte Dame, UCLA, Washington, etc. and the big prize was going to the Rose Bowl for teams in the Big 10.

Guess I’m too old school but that’s how I feel.

This is getting sadder by the year. The big power houses now play much smaller and less talented school to rack up points to get into the playoffs. The smaller teams aren’t totally absolved off all the blame either as they take home a huge payday.

I remember the years when Michigan played Norte Dame, UCLA, Washington, etc. and the big prize was going to the Rose Bowl for teams in the Big 10.

Now ttun is playing cupcakes. At least OSU played ND, PSU played Auburn. Great to see that 👍🏻😎

Keep in mind, College football is probably the only sport that doesn't have a preseason. I much prefer playing lessor schools in real games as to playing exhibitions or scrimmages. While I would certainly welcome all P5 schools playing at least one other out of conference P5 school many don't for one of the reasons you mentioned, money. Most schools lose money on football, so if they are required to play 1 less home game every other year, that is even more money they will lose.

Ironically, the “patsies” in a lot of cases are more competent and capable of pulling upsets than ever before. Especially early in the season when all these transfer portal-aided Power 5 teams that were taped together in the offseason are still trying to ossify into a cohesive team. The mid-major schools often have more continuity and perhaps older players in some cases.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Ohio State is playing Northwestern, and Michigan is playing Rutgers this week, so it’s back to the usual Big Ten refrain of power schools playing patsies. Which makes it doubly frustrating when they schedule teams like Toledo, Arkansas State, Hawaii, Colorado State, etc. out of conference. The Big Ten conference slate already has a ton of marshmallow games to get fat on.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Then your Wolverines need to get with the program. In 2024, THIS will be UGA's schedule. Miss St., Ole Miss, Auburn, Kentucky, an improving GT, Florida, Clemson, Tennessee, Texas, and Alabama.

MUST SEE TV AT Alabama, Tennessee, Clemson, and AT Texas. (Arch Manning vs Dylan Raiola)

Then, I suggest that MEEEchigan change conferences!

If P5 could only play P5 the likes of Kansas, Rutgers, and Vandy would have their phones ringing off the hook
You had better NOT sleep on Nebraska in the near future as well. At this writing, they have I believe, five transfers from UGA. Two of which could have easily started on offense this season. They just didn't want to share the ball with our five-star WR's and TE's.

You had better NOT sleep on Nebraska in the near future as well. At this writing, they have I believe, five transfers from UGA. Two of which could have easily started on offense this season. They just didn't want to share the ball with our five-star WR's and TE's.
I have no idea what that post has to do with Nebraska-Georgia but ok lol

Keep in mind, College football is probably the only sport that doesn't have a preseason. I much prefer playing lessor schools in real games as to playing exhibitions or scrimmages. While I would certainly welcome all P5 schools playing at least one other out of conference P5 school many don't for one of the reasons you mentioned, money. Most schools lose money on football, so if they are required to play 1 less home game every other year, that is even more money they will lose.
BUT, if a P5 team DOES play a non copnference slappy. They would hafta pay them $600,000-a MIL to come be target practice in a partially sold out stadium..

Except for the media rights partner that wants solid inventory to sell to advertisers. Want B1G type $s, schedule 9 conference games and be flexible on time of kick off.
9 games will be a hinderance to making the playoffs thus less money for the Big.

9 games will be a hinderance to making the playoffs thus less money for the Big.
TBD if it is a hinderance when they increase the playoff teams in '24. Many are saying it will turn into a basketball like situation with ken pom type rating systems used to compare teams with like records, that is what the top dogs of the SEC are worried about. The middle and lower class of the SEC wants the 8 games so they become bowl eligible, the top dogs are asking for 9.

TBD if it is a hinderance when they increase the playoff teams in '24. Many are saying it will turn into a basketball like situation with ken pom type rating systems used to compare teams with like records, that is what the top dogs of the SEC are worried about. The middle and lower class of the SEC wants the 8 games so they become bowl eligible, the top dogs are asking for 9.
To date, the SEC has always come out ahead wrt to the playoff’s, so there is nothing to suggest that will change going forward. There aren’t very many games, so a loss to a conference opponent will be big in determining elimination from the playoffs. There is no way around that fact.

I have no idea what that post has to do with Nebraska-Georgia but ok lol
I was merely warning you that NEB. intends to be a viable entity in the Biggie Ten, by scuffing up top tier SEC talents, who were unable to find playing time with their former team. They just got a FOUR STAR WR with three years of eligibility remaining. In addition to the 2019 national prep offensive player of the year, onto their roster.