Tippecanoe (4-5) @ Butler (3-6)

If Tipp didn't have so many injuries i would say Tipp by 40. But with all the injuries I think they only win by 39 in Cole Barhorsts last game as a Red Devil.

Border rivals playing in a series that goes way back. The records on the Butler website only go back to 1950, but I'm sure that these two have been playing one another well prior to that time. Since 1950:

Butler leads series 20-11-2
Longest streak: 5 wins (Butler 1998 - 2002)

The 1998 game was the first meeting between Butler and Tipp since the 1983 season.

Here's a look at the last 10 meetings:

2016 - Tipp (27-17)
2002 - Butler (27-21)
2001 - Butler (37-0)
2000 - Butler (36-0)
1999 - Butler (31-19)
1998 - Butler (27-6)
1983 - Butler (35-6)
1982 - Butler (55-21)
1974 - Butler (30-7)
1973 - Butler (22-20)

Source:http://www.butleraviatorsfootball.com/

This year definitely has not gone in the direction that either team had hopes for, so this meeting is strictly for pride.

Both teams come into this game pretty banged up, but it still looks to be a pretty even match-up. My only exposure to Tipp this season was the Thursday night game at Sidney, and the Red Devils impressed in that one.

Barhorst is without a doubt the star of the show, but Tipp definitely plays well as a team and they show sound execution. Butler will have to find a way to contain the Wing-T and limit Tipp offensively.

I look for this to be the best game of the year in terms of entertainment. Again, I see these teams as REALLY evenly matched and both will be fighting and clawing to close 2017 out with a win.

I am going with Butler in a knock down, drag out 34-28 win.

Last edited:
If I had to bet, I would think this game will be close like last year's game, just with more points scored.

I predict:
Tippecanoe - 31
Butler - 28

Games like these come down to who is more motivated to get the W. Unfortunately for Butler, Hyatt has the motivational skills of Jiminy Cricket. Tipp has the edge unless the Butler kids can rally around each other and the staff can get their players jacked up to beat a rival.

Butler will NOT go down without winning four games. So I am picking Butler, 212-3. Coach Hyatt is a master coach and it’s the kids that won’t listen, but he will figure it out this week!

Butler will NOT go down without winning four games. So I am picking Butler, 212-3. Coach Hyatt is a master coach and it’s the kids that won’t listen, but he will figure it out this week!

I am sure since Urban was off this week he met up with Hyatt and gave him some insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been waiting a very long time for this game and can’t wait to see that smug smile wiped off of the face of every Tipp City fan! Funny how they beat Butler once in like 20 meetings and they think they are high rollers. The humble pie tour continues this Friday with a big old exclamation point on a 4-6 season courtesy of B-U-T-L-E-R! We seen first hand what happens when Tipp City has to throw and it’s not pretty. I can already hear TippIsGreat making excuses about injuries blah blah blah. I have taken all Butler losses like a man this year and I expect you to do the same.

I have been waiting a very long time for this game and can’t wait to see that smug smile wiped off of the face of every Tipp City fan! Funny how they beat Butler once in like 20 meetings and they think they are high rollers. The humble pie tour continues this Friday with a big old exclamation point on a 4-6 season courtesy of B-U-T-L-E-R! We seen first hand what happens when Tipp City has to throw and it’s not pretty. I can already hear TippIsGreat making excuses about injuries blah blah blah. I have taken all Butler losses like a man this year and I expect you to do the same.

4-6? I thought Butler wasn't going to settle for anything less than 5-5? ;)

Tipp wins if the other backs do well. Butler will load up to stop the run and primarily Barhorst. If the other backs have a good game, then Tipp wins a close one, 34-28. If not, I can see Butler winning and both finishing at 4-6 on the year.

Tipp does have more seniors than just Cole Barhorst playing in their final game as a Red Devils. Good luck to all the seniors on both sides suiting up one last time for their school, some, for their football career.

Anyone know the last season that Tipp had a losing record?? Obviously with 12 straight playoff years, it's at least 12 years.

I hope your right, but when the Head Coach does more Tweeting than Coaching during practice I think you should be ready to man up again this year.

Anyone know the last season that Tipp had a losing record?? Obviously with 12 straight playoff years, it's at least 12 years.

As far back as Eitel's site goes back (2000), the worst record during any of those years was 5-5 (2004), so for a losing record you'd have to go further back than that

Hope you can be at the game going to be a big sendoff for Hyatt cause its his last game.

Would be nice to head into the offseason with a home win. In spite of their record, Tipp is a good team and this would be a nice win for the Aviators.

Win or lose I will still wear the SMUG look on my face. Unless you would like to wipe it off for me?? :party::party:

I am sure there are a few other HIGH ROLLERS that feel the same way!

Tipp 35 (5-5) ----- B-U-T-L-E-R 24 (3-7) and looking for a new coach!

Regardless the outcome, I think the Butler seniors are ready to end their career on a high note. Whether that comes with a win or just going out playing with your buddies one last time and giving er hell! #GoButler

Can't believe 4yrs went by already!
Love my boy!!!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

;6884730 said:
Is that official or a rumor? What happened?

Nothing official. There is a authentic negativity about the direction the program is going. With the lack of numbers in the 9th and 10th grades along with number of older kids who have quit is very alarming. Lots of rumors about conflicts with the HC and the staff. However, it is pure speculation that there will be a change. It very well could happen, but there is nothing that says it is imminent.

This game was what I expected, hard fought game between two teams giving it their all. Rain kept the score lower than I thought, but entertaining nonetheless. Great win for Butler to wrap up the season with. Build on this in 2018!