Time to Retire "Hells Bells" from 3rd Down in Stadiums?

Hells Bells is now 42 years old.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Minster still plays the opening from Hell's Bells of third down.

The part I enjoy is that no one has ever made a clip of just the opening. Sometimes they forget to cut it off in time and you get the first first notes of the song itself included.

The part I enjoy is that no one has ever made a clip of just the opening. Sometimes they forget to cut it off in time and you get the first first notes of the song itself included.
How long do you guys get between plays?

I can remember a 2014 playoff game between Clyde and Toledo Central Catholic that was held at Lake High School in Milbury.

Evidently whoever ran the PA that night either 1) Really really liked AC/DC, or just that song in particular or 2) only had that one song in their music library because they only played it. Every kickoff, every third down, every timeout/break in the action was punctuated with the ominous ringing of those d@mn bells.

No problem with it. Been to a stadium where on 3rd Down the announcer says "Weeee Neeed Mooore COWBELL!" Kinda funny, but the crowd sure gets into it. Might also suggest the siren from The Purge as a viable option.

The announcers doing the Massillon/St. Ed game mentioned Massillon's use of the bells and called it a "Massillon tradition." The next morning this thread was started.

What does that tell me? It tells me our pal streamed the Massillon game on Friday night. Lol.

i say let the song play out throughout the PLAY on the field!!!

Great post CC.

I have nothing against the song, I just think it's played out.
there seems to be a bunch of College teams playing those type of songs during their games.... I'm Old, but you still hear AC/DC in the weightrooms at High Schools.....

there seems to be a bunch of College teams playing those type of songs during their games.... I'm Old, but you still hear AC/DC in the weightrooms at High Schools.....
Right ! What group will still be listened to in 20 years…
AC/DC or any of the following….

Five Finger Death Punch
Fozzy
Ghost
Pop Evil
Halestorm
All of which have songs in the top 50 hard rock songs out right now.

Right ! What group will still be listened to in 20 years…
AC/DC or any of the following….

Five Finger Death Punch
Fozzy
Ghost
Pop Evil
Halestorm
All of which have songs in the top 50 hard rock songs out right now.
Wait a minute...this guy has a hard rock top 50
song right now?

images (2).jpeg

Let’s Leave the Music @ The Door you want music Go to a Concert.
Most of the time the music goes into the Cadence of the Quarterback
which truly is a Problem. Just let the Kids Play, No Music No Bells No Nothing.
Just Play Football.