Time for OAC to strike

Crimsonblooded

Well if ohsaa wants to band our sport of wrestling this coming year it may just be time for wrestling to become a club sport. I’m sure OAC could put on just as good, if not better, of a state wrestling tournament. We won’t have to worry about all these transfer rules as well that is enforced for Football and Basketball. Oac could do several dual tournaments whether it’s your school enrollment, club, or sponsor. Could have elite, seasoned, and rookie duals. Same for NCAA, maybe time to grow folk style outside of the NCAA. Maybe an organization that cares about growing the sport!

Yes, but most clubs are hosted at schools. Very few have own gyms. Most OAC events are held in school gyms. They won't have access to those.

Well if ohsaa wants to band our sport of wrestling this coming year it may just be time for wrestling to become a club sport. I’m sure OAC could put on just as good, if not better, of a state wrestling tournament. We won’t have to worry about all these transfer rules as well that is enforced for Football and Basketball. Oac could do several dual tournaments whether it’s your school enrollment, club, or sponsor. Could have elite, seasoned, and rookie duals. Same for NCAA, maybe time to grow folk style outside of the NCAA. Maybe an organization that cares about growing the sport!

They wont ban wrestling relax

We still have 4 months before the season starts it will be ok

Oh I’m relaxed, knowing OAC has a golden opportunity. We don’t need High Schools. Pole barns and empty warehouses will do just fine. Then sporting venues and Hotels can host a wrestling dual/tournament. Oh I’m relaxed knowing DeWine and Ohsaa can kiss my

It would be like any other youth sports org.
Schools rent out gyms every day for events... not a big deal to rent the gyms on Saturdays.
OAC and OHWAY should get an organized age-specific season for high school kids.
While they’re at it, create other sports entities such as soccer, baseball, basketball, and football.
We don’t have to let the OHSAA dictate everything.

Schools aren't going to be renting out their facilities if the State, Local School Board, OHSAA and whoever else decide that scholastic sports can't occur. You're seeing this a lot with baseball and softball now. Some schools are allowing their fields to be rented out or used. But it's very few.

Schools number one priority is to hold classes. Until they can do that safely they won't rent things out.

No sanctioning body has allowed sports to happen because the government has precluded them from happening. With no sanctioning body around, that makes insurance a major issue.

If the government was to allow sports to happen, but the schools (i.e. OHSAA) decided not to sponsor/sanction sports, other existing groups (i.e. USAW, USSF, etc.) could choose to sponsor sports. Those other groups have insurance carriers and the such, which would reduce issues with insurance. Being I am far from an expert on the insurance side of things, I don't know the full scope; but what I do know is that the sanctioning bodies tie into insurance coverage. The question would then become what type of facilities would be willing to host events based on their existing policies and relationships (schools, rec centers, private facilities, etc) - and I do agree that would be "all over the place".

Trying to keep this as non-political as possible ...
Should the government deem it safe for sports to happen (outside of the ones that are already happening), sports will happen in some way, shape or form. It may not be within the traditional "school structure", because schools don't want to deal with the politics/liability of sanctioning the activities, or they can't deal with the dissonance b/n having sports and choosing to have hybrid or fully remote educational models. Private groups may have an extended reach compared to their normal role within a calendar year to plug the hole for a public (some of whom) that wish to have sporting activity happen.

No sanctioning body has allowed sports to happen because the government has precluded them from happening. With no sanctioning body around, that makes insurance a major issue.

If the government was to allow sports to happen, but the schools (i.e. OHSAA) decided not to sponsor/sanction sports, other existing groups (i.e. USAW, USSF, etc.) could choose to sponsor sports. Those other groups have insurance carriers and the such, which would reduce issues with insurance. Being I am far from an expert on the insurance side of things, I don't know the full scope; but what I do know is that the sanctioning bodies tie into insurance coverage. The question would then become what type of facilities would be willing to host events based on their existing policies and relationships (schools, rec centers, private facilities, etc) - and I do agree that would be "all over the place".

Trying to keep this as non-political as possible ...
Should the government deem it safe for sports to happen (outside of the ones that are already happening), sports will happen in some way, shape or form. It may not be within the traditional "school structure", because schools don't want to deal with the politics/liability of sanctioning the activities, or they can't deal with the dissonance b/n having sports and choosing to have hybrid or fully remote educational models. Private groups may have an extended reach compared to their normal role within a calendar year to plug the hole for a public (some of whom) that wish to have sporting activity happen.
I agree with what you have posted. But, this is now a political situation. The minute protest were allowed the rule of law went out the window. I have pictures of people within the educational system at protest. How I'm writing might seem radical, but the educational system is liberal. If this upsets some I apologize. I would encourage the organizations of clubs NOW!!! Use the OAC model and be ready. Courts will back rulings against denying rental of facilities. The rule of law must be enforced equally.

I agree with what you have posted. But, this is now a political situation. The minute protest were allowed the rule of law went out the window. I have pictures of people within the educational system at protest. How I'm writing might seem radical, but the educational system is liberal. If this upsets some I apologize. I would encourage the organizations of clubs NOW!!! Use the OAC model and be ready. Courts will back rulings against denying rental of facilities. The rule of law must be enforced equally. Kids deserve opportunities and the parents can make the decision whether to let their children compete
I'm also aware there is a very remote possibility that Covid could return in the fall and overwhelm healthcare facilities. We then will have bigger issues than wrestling. But, wrestling poses no more threat to the health of wrestlers than driving. IMO Let wrestlers and parents have freedom of choice./QUOTE]

Oh I’m relaxed, knowing OAC has a golden opportunity. We don’t need High Schools. Pole barns and empty warehouses will do just fine. Then sporting venues and Hotels can host a wrestling dual/tournament. Oh I’m relaxed knowing DeWine and Ohsaa can kiss my

OHSAA has zero power here, they've just gone along with the governor's orders every time.

Yea, so hotels aren't going to be hosting wrestling events during COVID. They're already struggling to maintain the new industry standards when it comes to sanitizing.

And what sporting venues do you know of that've opened up and can host a wrestling tournament?

The events will go on where the dems arent involved. 9 u duals in wisconsin tomorrow with teams from 8 states. My son got hurt in baseball this week or we would be there. High school duals are tuesday. It is being held where there are 5 waterparks. We were very excited for it

The events will go on where the dems arent involved

Yep.

yep.png

Brianwr112
Gotta few questions
Are you a teacher/coach?
Are you a democrat?
Do you live in Michigan?

pretty sure I got 2 out of 3, but I’m gonna say all three!

Actually my understanding is DeWine recommended to ohsaa not not have their events. Which is what I heard was his response to a lawsuit.

Incorrect. you can go back and look at the orders. He did the order on gathering size, which made the event impossible due to the number of participants.

Brianwr112
Gotta few questions
Are you a teacher/coach?
Are you a democrat?
Do you live in Michigan?

pretty sure I got 2 out of 3, but I’m gonna say all three!
Yes
No
No

Not sure what that matters but there are your answers.

And a side note....OSU closed their campus also making it very difficult to host an event at a locked down building

Please, you are worried about your 9-year-old son wrestling in Wisconsin, and state was canceled last year and there is a good chance we won't have high school wrestling this year. The concern should start at the top and work its way down.
Kids that will lose out on college money because of the pandemic, big money will be lost in college sports, this is bad.They shut down all facilities at our high school for 2 weeks because a lady had 300 people at a grad party and one tested positive during a phyisical the following week for college.

Kid's are going to get Covid. The question is imo what does this mean. To me it's now a part of life and it's time to move on. Hospitals were at 45% occupancy during the onslaught. The hospitals were hemorrhaging money. The government supplements covid diagnoses. Now I read of 20 and 30 something's being hospitalized. What is up with that? I don't trust anyone at this point. Talk with a doctor or nurse and I'll bet you get the same answer. The educational system need to be dismantled. Go club for sports and let's educate online.

Google the Khan Academy and listen to a couple of lesson tutorials. Then for hard learning skills they will be club based. Art club,music clubs,drama clubs,sports clubs and many others. Allocate direct money's to the clubs for kids. Online college will also be the flavor of the day. Some college fields will be kept, medicine, veterinary and so forth. But let's use this opportunity to gut our educational system. Kid's need structure and it's not being provided. It's time for club wrestling.

Kid's are going to get Covid. The question is imo what does this mean. To me it's now a part of life and it's time to move on. Hospitals were at 45% occupancy during the onslaught. The hospitals were hemorrhaging money. The government supplements covid diagnoses. Now I read of 20 and 30 something's being hospitalized. What is up with that? I don't trust anyone at this point. Talk with a doctor or nurse and I'll bet you get the same answer. The educational system need to be dismantled. Go club for sports and let's educate online.

Google the Khan Academy and listen to a couple of lesson tutorials. Then for hard learning skills they will be club based. Art club,music clubs,drama clubs,sports clubs and many others. Allocate direct money's to the clubs for kids. Online college will also be the flavor of the day. Some college fields will be kept, medicine, veterinary and so forth. But let's use this opportunity to gut our educational system. Kid's need structure and it's not being provided. It's time for club wrestling.
I hope this post is satire. Online classes are not effective at teaching students, really laughable you suggest Khan Academy which is a joke of a resource. You obviously know nothing about the educational system, but since you are advocating club wrestling, I think that is clear.

I hope this post is satire. Online classes are not effective at teaching students, really laughable you suggest Khan Academy which is a joke of a resource. You obviously know nothing about the educational system, but since you are advocating club wrestling, I think that is clear.
Online was horrible last year, 10% great on top of things , zoom class just awesome50% average doing what needs done, 20 % bad but reasons beyond control , 20% grades in before final project . My kids may notbe the best athletes but take honors and college prep classes and they were horrible . We talked tonight about changing schedules at dinner its a tough decision. this is a crazy year

Educated beyond your wildest dream. Let's start with the Khan Academy. What makes that a joke? Could it be a fear for what the future holds? I cry for freedom and know the educational system is systematically trying to take that away. Freedom scares the educational elite. Start the clubs and give the kids choice. Education is now just for Democrats. You know how Conservatives are treated within the system? Covid is now political and young people need freedom.

Bill Gates developed the Khan Academy and you probably can guess my thoughts about Gates. But, he believes education should be free. He has at least stood behind that thought. The Academy can measure progress. Isn't that what education should be about? The Academy can fit any level of learning. Me thinks that puts things in perspective.

Educated beyond your wildest dream. Let's start with the Khan Academy. What makes that a joke? Could it be a fear for what the future holds? I cry for freedom and know the educational system is systematically trying to take that away. Freedom scares the educational elite. Start the clubs and give the kids choice. Education is now just for Democrats. You know how Conservatives are treated within the system? Covid is now political and young people need freedom.

Bill Gates developed the Khan Academy and you probably can guess my thoughts about Gates. But, he believes education should be free. He has at least stood behind that thought. The Academy can measure progress. Isn't that what education should be about? The Academy can fit any level of learning. Me thinks that puts things in perspective.
Not even going to try to argue with you. You are obviously not in education, or well educated for that matter and I think you have some issues you may need to work out. But in response to what you posted, I believe Principal Max Anderson said it best

I concur.

I am not a teacher (I did teach calculus at Akron U while working on my masters). However, I have been working from home since the beginning of March. My wife had to keep going to work. So, I was "saddled" with helping the kids with their online classes each day.

In most homes it was a clusterF&CK between switching between Google Classroom, Khan Academy, Zoom meetings, Gizmodo or whatever it is. On top of that, the kids were not expected to learn/do even HALF of what they normally do.

Also, I have a few family members that are teachers in various school districts. In each of their districts they were told that no matter WHAT the student did during the last grading period (could have ignored EVERYTHING), they were to not get anything lower than the grades they got in the previous/in school grading period.

Meaning if they were a straight C student, and did zero at home, they got C's on the final grading period.

Kids need to be back in school, in class, with their teachers, period.