TIG.....

Well this New Year went south quick, I opened yappi and there was actually 5 posts (maybe 4 don't want to lie about how important the actual number is) that I agreed with JLP on. Oh man this may be a good year?

How about when Taylor Lewan threatened to rape a girl if she didn't drop charges against kicker Gibbons for sexual assault? Or how Michigan allowed Gibbons to stay on the team/in school for 5 years after sexually assaulting said girl?
WOW!! Isn’t Michigan just a dirty, rotten foul team and Ohio State football is just as pure as the newly driven snow! I will change my allegiance immediately.

The hatred Buckeye fans have for UM knows no bounds. Just amazes me. You have no other real “rival” school. Maybe you should grow up and get over your childish hatred of a team you have beaten 14 of the last 15 years!

WOW!! Isn’t Michigan just a dirty, rotten foul team and Ohio State football is just as pure as the newly driven snow! I will change my allegiance immediately.

I did not once say OSU was without it's faults. You however claimed Michigan was. You asked for examples, I provided two.

The hatred Buckeye fans have for UM knows no bounds. Just amazes me. You have no other real “rival” school. Maybe you should grow up and get over your childish hatred of a team you have beaten 14 of the last 15 years!

I don't hate Michigan. You asked for an examples, I provided them. Maybe next time don't ask for examples of Michigan and wrong doing if you are incapable of handling the truth.

I did not once say OSU was without it's faults. You however claimed Michigan was. You asked for examples, I provided two.

I don't hate Michigan. You asked for an examples, I provided them. Maybe next time don't ask for examples of Michigan and wrong doing if you are incapable of handling the truth.
You don’t have to say you hate Michigan. Your words say it all. Again, grow up.

OSU does not hate UM any more or any less than vice versa, and no they did not suddenly change their recruiting philosophy, so stop. They still get top 10 classes and offer many of the same players all the great schools offer. The biggest difference imo is Tress put a wall around Ohio, started winning, then we hired Meyer, and both were hof elite. UM no longer plucks all those 4-5 star Ohio players like they used to. In fact OSU now gets their share of 4-5 star Michigan recruits. Can't see that trend going back the way it used to be at least in the foreseeable future.

You don’t have to say you hate Michigan. Your words say it all.

Again, you asked for examples, I provided them. That isn't hate, it's giving you the information you requested. Next time, don't ask questions if you don't want to hear the answer.

Again, grow up.
Ironic since you're the only one acting like a child.

Google it.

I did Google it and Alabama came up first on most of the countless rankings of most hated college teams. I assume this changes every so often with who is good and winning. i.e. Yankees and Red Sox are the most hated MLB teams, Patriots in the NFL. Michigan was in all the most hated rankings I saw also, which I found surprising since they really aren't very relevant in college football.

I did Google it and Alabama came up first on most of the countless rankings of most hated college teams. I assume this changes every so often with who is good and winning. i.e. Yankees and Red Sox are the most hated MLB teams, Patriots in the NFL. Michigan was in all the most hated rankings I saw also, which I found surprising since they really aren't very relevant in college football.
I was surprised too. Must be the unusual excellence of academics and athletics.

Typical “non-relevance cheap shot. If true, why are you people so obsessed ????

I don't LOVE Massillon. I love great Ohio HS Football. And I enjoyed/loved seeing Massillon a few times over the last 2 years and they were very fun to watch and love the crowds and energy their fans bring to a stadium. As far as why I hate OSU, is it that obvious? LOL. There is probably 1 reason why. Probably not to hard to figure out. And the huge difference between the Puke Eyes and my team is the Academic standards are much different. And I am very glad that U of M will not lower their standards just to win football games. They are doing it the right way. They are a lot like Notre Dame now when it comes to a school deciding on their academic standards vs. winning football championships. The academic standards will not be compromised. Where at OSU, kids don't even have to go to class, just stay home and take online classes, then leave for the NFL with no degree and probably very little credits. Probably 1/3 to 1/2 of OSU's roster couldn't get in to Michigan. And I'm OK with that. Go Blue!

Michigan is a very good academic school, but let's not pretend it's on the level of a Stanford, Northwestern or Ivy.

Also, I find it funny how Michigan now relies on its academic standards to justify the decline of the program, but unlike OSU, would not provide documentation in support of this assertion.

Well this New Year went south quick, I opened yappi and there was actually 5 posts (maybe 4 don't want to lie about how important the actual number is) that I agreed with JLP on. Oh man this may be a good year?
I told you you could learn from me if you just keep your mouth shut and your ears open. ;)

Nobody said, or is saying that at all. As a matter of fact....it was post #26 on page 1 of this thread, by a Mishitgan fan that pretty much said the opposite. He even ended with...."funny how this garbage doesn't happen at Mishitgan." I was just put to prove that it does.

Michigan is a very good academic school, but let's not pretend it's on the level of a Stanford, Northwestern or Ivy.

Also, I find it funny how Michigan now relies on its academic standards to justify the decline of the program, but unlike OSU, would not provide documentation in support of this assertion.

Michigan is 100% on the level of Stanford, NW or the Ivys. Does the football team have to be at that level academically to get into UM? Nope, but they have to be in those same classes.

Does UM have the at-home classes that OSU or Bama or Clemson has? I dont know, maybe? Has Justin Fields ever stepped foot on campus without a helmet on?

Is UM playing by different rules than the SEC, OSU or Clemson? Absolutely. The CFB playoff proves the point.

Michigan is 100% on the level of Stanford, NW or the Ivys. Does the football team have to be at that level academically to get into UM? Nope, but they have to be in those same classes.

Does UM have the at-home classes that OSU or Bama or Clemson has? I dont know, maybe? Has Justin Fields ever stepped foot on campus without a helmet on?

Is UM playing by different rules than the SEC, OSU or Clemson? Absolutely. The CFB playoff proves the point.

Regarding bolded above: no, they are not. Close, yes, but not on the same level. Better than OSU? Yes, but not at the level of Stanford, NW, or Ivys.

I get sick of the academics holding back Michigan excuse.

It wasn't an excuse for most years from 1969-2003, and some years since 2006, 2011,and 2016 to name a few.

Why use it now?

Delusional.

OSU does not hate UM any more or any less than vice versa, and no they did not suddenly change their recruiting philosophy, so stop. They still get top 10 classes and offer many of the same players all the great schools offer. The biggest difference imo is Tress put a wall around Ohio, started winning, then we hired Meyer, and both were hof elite. UM no longer plucks all those 4-5 star Ohio players like they used to. In fact OSU now gets their share of 4-5 star Michigan recruits. Can't see that trend going back the way it used to be at least in the foreseeable future.
Tress did put a wall around Ohio but look where your stars come from. Not Ohio .

That’s what troubles me with Harbaugh.. He doesn’t recruit Ohio at all nor Michigan.

Ohio football isn’t what it was years ago but still plenty tough.

Everyone knows the true studs around the country; no surprises anymore. Big thing is the kid wants to go to go to an instant winner. That’s why OSU is pulling away from the rest of the B1G and will be hard for anyone to catch. They are now an ELITE college team.

Sorry BigSack, but it's not. It's a wonderful academic school but more on the level of Wake Forest, UCLA, USC or UVA.

Most colleges offer online classes theses days. I assume TTUN has them too. It’s not some ruse to get academically deficient football players to stay eligible. Football players are not the only ones taking the online courses.

The biggest reason why TTUN is not keeping pace is the last 3 coaches they’ve hired were not good coaches including the perceived messiah Harbaugh. He’s weird and probably is on the autism spectrum. His personality is off putting and he just doesn’t have what it takes to recruit at a high level.

Most colleges offer online classes theses days. I assume TTUN has them too. It’s not some ruse to get academically deficient football players to stay eligible. Football players are not the only ones taking the online courses.

The biggest reason why TTUN is not keeping pace is the last 3 coaches they’ve hired were not good coaches including the perceived messiah Harbaugh. He’s weird and probably is on the autism spectrum. His personality is off putting and he just doesn’t have what it takes to recruit at a high level.
Yeah but they have fun at their sleep overs.