Tickets for Northeast Districts at Glen Oak

Spartan1969

Just Awesome. I just received an email from the District who said they never had my email address. Yesterday they send me an email talking about tickets for Districts at $8.00 a pop. Talked to my AD this morning and he said we have 32 tickets for parents on the men, and 32 tickets for parents of the women. He got his email at 10:45 last night. Way to go NEDAB and Ohio on being last second Joes again. So I have that. Question is how many athletes can I bring to the meet??? Will they be checking the busses at drop off?? What is the procedure with this. I try to bring my top 2 boys and girls middle school athletes to Districts and Regionals, and Im guessing that is tanked now also. Any help answering any of this would be appreciated asap! Still cant believe the District never had my contact info. Shouldn't be shocked I guess. We are the same sport in Ohio that finds out everything at the last minute anyways! But I didn't have enough to do already. Ticket sales gets added to my resume.

We are in a new era, not sure what all the huff and puff is about. It looks as if each athlete gets 4 per family. They must have waited till last night to see how many athletes you would bring, up to 7 plus alternate, and allotted tickets based on that. I can not believe you actually believed that in this new era you were going to be able to bring middle school kids or even the rest of your roster to watch theses meets. Tickets prices were announced weeks ago, $8 for District, $10 for Regional, and $12 for State. The site has said tickets would not go on sale till 4-5 days before the event. So I guess you need to read up. Send the info to your athletes and have them share it with the parents, DONE!!

I believed that the Ohsaa and the District would have sent me my information weeks ago, not lost my contact info and sent me info last night. Nowhere in their communication did it say how many athletes I could bring, so I figured I would reach out to this site. Im also trying to figure out how Glen Oak can possibly close its campus and charge people. There is a community trail that goes straight through their campus. People can enter the course from tons of different areas. The good news is that my AD sent all this to my parents and they will deal with this on their own. Sad thing is that many of my parents will not be able to afford to see this meet. I wish they would have held off charging until Regionals. In 28 years of doing this, I have never seen a charge at Districts. Regardless what I read on tickets, I was hoping that Districts would somehow change their mind and not charge.

You also may wish to check on the number of tickets you are allowed.

We were told 16 tickets for the girls, 16 for the boys = 32 total tickets at LCCC.

At LCCC, just found out it will be 2 per athlete. Also a limit on the number of team members ... 2 alternates. (Trying to confirm if that is 2 boys & 2 girls or 2 total).

My AD insists that it is 32 for men and 32 for women. Thats 4 tickets per family. Isn't it crazy that this is not in bold somewhere. I'm sure this will change 5 more times before Saturday, lol. There still is nothing saying exactly how many you can bring. I am going to bring my top 7 and an alternate for both teams. I don't want hassle on race day. It would be horrible to make a kid sit on the bus because we had too many people.

I was just informed that at Madison you may only bring your 7 team members and 1 coach on the bus. All others have to buy a ticket.

You also may wish to check on the number of tickets you are allowed.

We were told 16 tickets for the girls, 16 for the boys = 32 total tickets at LCCC.
That’s probably up to the meet manager and local health dept. I saw another team’s paperwork for GlenOak, and it said each runner’s family can purchase up to 4 tickets using their passcode.

I'm more bothered that in the boys D2, because of one team, Glen Oak gets an extra team and 4 more individuals qualifying through to the Regional. LCCC has 3 top 20 ranked teams - 1,4 and 13. GlenOak has one - 5. Madison has one - 16. They should have taken teams and individuals from LCCC and Madison and put them at GlenOak if that's how it's going to work.

By the way, how many football players are they limiting a team to take to the playoff games???
That's always been a weak argument. You can only run 7 people in a postseason race, no matter how fast or slow they might be. There are no limits to how many football players can appear in a playoff game.

Two tickets per runner. Many runners have four active and involved parents in their lives. This sucks.

Two tickets per runner. Many runners have four active and involved parents in their lives. This sucks.
We are close to none of this happening at all! AGAIN! Even at 2 tickets per runner plus alternate, there should be crowds of around 300 per race.

Right. Outside, with plenty of room to socially distance. That’s not a crowd.
It's not about a single CC meet. It's about everything. To be as stupid as some others, Maybe we just call it a Trump rally and none of the rules apply.
We need to just abide by the rules. Fighting it does no good. The Governor and health departments have been reasonable. They have lifted a lot of the restrictions to allow for a CC season and for the Championship part of the season. Suck it up 3 weeks. The kids deserve it.

I have been going to CC meets for 36 of my 55 years on earth. Started when I was 5. Took a break after college and have been back since my oldest kid started running in 7th grade. I go to a lot more races than a lot of parents and I'm ok with not going if it allows the kids to race. I understand it's outside and most people know how to distance, but a lot do not understand and will ruin it for others. If it's two per kid, that's better than none.

We are abiding by the rules. I’m pointing out that the rules are stupid. Football games can have crowds as large as 1,500 but 300 is pushing it in a much larger and less dense area? It’s silly, and it’s all for show.

I believed that the Ohsaa and the District would have sent me my information weeks ago, not lost my contact info and sent me info last night. Nowhere in their communication did it say how many athletes I could bring, so I figured I would reach out to this site. Im also trying to figure out how Glen Oak can possibly close its campus and charge people. There is a community trail that goes straight through their campus. People can enter the course from tons of different areas. The good news is that my AD sent all this to my parents and they will deal with this on their own. Sad thing is that many of my parents will not be able to afford to see this meet. I wish they would have held off charging until Regionals. In 28 years of doing this, I have never seen a charge at Districts. Regardless what I read on tickets, I was hoping that Districts would somehow change their mind and not charge.
You've coached long enough that you probably already know this, but district level competition is run by the District Boards. If they charge admission at the district level and below, it goes to the District Board. Anything at the regional level and above is handled by the state, and the money goes to the state. Traditionally, the District Boards' primary source of revenue has been the sectional and district basketball games. The District Boards dodged a bullet last spring in that the basketball season was able to progress beyond the district finals. The state obviously wasn't as lucky. If the upcoming basketball season even makes it as far as the district, attendance restrictions will still be likely, so the District Boards know they're going to suffer a major hit to their finances. The only way to soften that blow is to create additional revenue any way they can. According to last year's financials for the NEDAB, XC wasn't pulling its weight (no reason to think it would if no admission is being charged):

Financial Reports for 2019 Fall Sports— District Tournaments—Deficit or Profit For The Following: B & G Golf, Girls Tennis, Cross Country, Volleyball and Boys & Girls Soccer. The Grand Totals for 2019 Fall Sports--Income and Expenses Showed The Following:
Income: Soccer & Volleyball---------------------------------------------------$246,124.96
Operational Expenses: Cross Country, Girls Tennis, B&G Golf------$(57,649.06)
Officials Expenses: Cross Country, B & G Soccer and Volleyball--$(129,272.00)
Net Profit----Fall Tournaments, 2019------------------$59,203.90

We are abiding by the rules. I’m pointing out that the rules are stupid. Football games can have crowds as large as 1,500 but 300 is pushing it in a much larger and less dense area? It’s silly, and it’s all for show.
We all live with stupid rules everyday for many things. Major league baseball went with very few fans. The World Series was about the size of the state Cross Country meet attendance wise. We can suck it up and abide by stupid rules some more.

I'm not saying you are wrong.