Tickets for 1st round @ Nationwide Arena

Cedar_Point

If anyone has tickets available for March 17 hit me up or let others know here. Yes, I know you can get them on Ticketmaster and the other ticket apps

If anyone has tickets available for March 17 hit me up or let others know here. Yes, I know you can get them on Ticketmaster and the other ticket apps
My wife's work often gives out first-four tickets. I can let you know If she gets some again.

The get in the door price is dropping sharply for Columbus. What was about $100 per seat per session a week ago is currently around $45. Wait til day of and you'll have no problem and might get tempted to splurge.

As I write this, you can get in the door for the first Orlando session for $7.

It will be interesting to see how sports looks in another 10-15 years. The younger demographic are not "in person" followers like generations of the past. Add the betting element in and many "guys" in their 20's and 30's are more interested in following sports based on betting and follwing on line rather than pay to go to a venue, park ,and sit in a building for 3 hours.

It will be interesting to see how sports looks in another 10-15 years. The younger demographic are not "in person" followers like generations of the past. Add the betting element in and many "guys" in their 20's and 30's are more interested in following sports based on betting and follwing on line rather than pay to go to a venue, park ,and sit in a building for 3 hours.
I can't stand to watch a game with anyone who primarily views sports through the lens of gambling.

Anyway, get in the door price for tonight's session in Dayton is $3 on Vividseats. Take advantage if you're in the area.

Got really good seats at a solid price
6C61A531-0EF4-4DF8-902E-75E45FAC4A4A.jpeg

Well, that certainly didn't suck. What was a day that I have had circled for years delivered and then some. Anyone who was in the building for session 2 won the Powerball as FAU/Memphis and FDU/Purdue were 1 and 2 respectively on FiveThirtyEight's most exciting games of the Round of 64. It's a shame the arena thinned out some after Purdue lost, but I imagine that was largely PU fans retreating and FAU/Memphis taking attendees all the way to midnight. Some bullet points on the experience:

-Cincinnati, get in gear already and do something about Heritage Bank Center/Firstar/Crown/Riverfront Coliseum. In case you forgot, Cincinnati was supposed to host this round in 2023 contingent on a renovation to the arena. It didn't happen, so Columbus benefits. The NCAA Tournament joins the RNC as events that passed Cincinnati over. It's bad enough name brand music acts hit the YUM Center in Louisville before HBC. I've been paying close attention to college basketball for nearly 25 years and Cincinnati has to be the only major or secondary city in the continental US to never host a round in the NCAA Tournament. Astounding considering we have two major league pro teams (three if you count FCC), two brand name, tradition rich college basketball programs in the city and a handful of other D1 programs within a two hour drive. Look at some of the cities that have gotten to host in this era: Albany, Des Moines, Birmingham, Greensboro, Spokane, Boise, Omaha, Providence, Wichita, Greenville, Hartford, Columbia. Cincinnati can't get in the same breath as these cities? Embarrassing. Not like you even need a major tenant to justify a good arena. Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines is home to minor league hockey, the G League, and arena football. The T-Mobile Center in KC doesn't even have a permanent tenant. I wonder how KC residents feel about having it.

-Best fanbase in Columbus was CLEARLY Michigan State. Nationwide Arena turned in East Lansing - South with partying Sparty fans filling the joint. If you told me there were more dedicated Sparty fans than Marquette, USC, Vermont, and neutral fans combined in session 1, I'd believe you.

-Most disappointing fanbase goes to USC. There were more Marquette fans in the building for the MSU/USC tipoff than Trojan fans. I know it's a cross country trip for USC and Columbus is not a terrible road trip from Milwaukee, but dang, you're a college athletics brand. Show up better than Robert Morris or somebody would have.

-I completely wrote off FDU beforehand. I watched their Texas Southern play-in game and felt they at least played a style that gave them a chance against anyone, but I thought the size discrepancy with Purdue would just be too much to overcome. Talk about an ultimate never-say-never. That may have been the best played and best coached game from that level of underdog I've ever seen. Just amazing some of the sequences that took place in that game late considering the personnel from either team. Purdue's refusal to attempt two point shots, FDU's little guys flying everywhere for rebounds, sub-6'0'' guards blocking shots at the rim.

-I didn't realize that was FAU's first-ever NCAA Tournament win. That makes the late game drama all the sweeter. I moved to the back of the FAU section for the second half of that game and had a great angle for the go-ahead shot. Pure elation from every angle. I have video of FAU bros darn near kissing each other they were so happy.

-From a talent and X/O standpoint, I do think Penny is doing a good job at Memphis, but his locker room would be about the last place I'd want to be day in and day out if I were a college athlete. Near fisticuffs in the huddle, chucking a water bottle in disgust in a game you lost fair and square.

-Cincinnati, get in gear already and do something about Heritage Bank Center/Firstar/Crown/Riverfront Coliseum. In case you forgot, Cincinnati was supposed to host this round in 2023 contingent on a renovation to the arena. It didn't happen, so Columbus benefits. The NCAA Tournament joins the RNC as events that passed Cincinnati over. It's bad enough name brand music acts hit the YUM Center in Louisville before HBC. I've been paying close attention to college basketball for nearly 25 years and Cincinnati has to be the only major or secondary city in the continental US to never host a round in the NCAA Tournament.
I was there in 1992 when Riverfront Coliseum hosted first and second round games on Thursday/Saturday. And in a freak of scheduling that may never be seen again, Dayton was hosting on Friday/Sunday.

First Round
(1) Ohio State 83
(16) Mississippi Valley St. 56

(8) Nebraska 65
(9) Connecticut 86

(5) Alabama 80
(12) Stanford 75

(4) North Carolina 68
(13) Miami (OH) 63

Second Round
(1) Ohio St 78
(9) Connecticut 55