Three Rivers Conference 2018-2019

All respect for any MacMan but if you go back in history to some of the best teams in TCL history, including Macomber it was often those little town teams gave them the most game. Crestview would have taken anyone in the city and even they had their day against little Blufton.

In football, I'd probably argue with you. In Basketball, I think the kids have more choices in how they wish to enjoy their high school years and meet their athletic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All respect for any MacMan but if you go back in history to some of the best teams in TCL history, including Macomber it was often those little town teams gave them the most game. Crestview would have taken anyone in the city and even they had their day against little Blufton.

In football, I'd probably argue with you. In Basketball, I think the kids have more choices in how they wish to enjoy their high school years and meet their athletic

Name one small town team that gave Macomber fits...Willard??? They recruited. Oberlin? Once in a lifetime team of studs. And the Crestview theory is a joke. Start, Whitmer and St Francis would’ve blown them off the floor. Same with Lima Senior. Who are you? Not very knowledgeable like you think you are

Name one small town team that gave Macomber fits...Willard??? They recruited. Oberlin? Once in a lifetime team of studs. And the Crestview theory is a joke. Start, Whitmer and St Francis would’ve blown them off the floor. Same with Lima Senior. Who are you? Not very knowledgeable like you think you are

Crestview had a 6'8 Ohio State commit and a 6'7" Miami commit who both play inside and out and can handle the ball. They were not going to get blown off the floor by anyone in NWO. Ottawa Glandorf beat Lima Sr. this year and I think 99% of people would agree that Crestview was a lot more talented than Ottawa Glandorf.

Not that East needs defending, but he said that some of the small town schools gave them their best games and you acknowledge that Willard and Oberlin did give them a game. So how was he wrong and what part of his post had anything to do with being racist? Nothing negative or degrading toward anyone. He disagreed with you that is it.

You guys are talking about Crestview this year, right? They had athletic size and arguably would have had the two best players on the floor against any of those teams. I seriously doubt they'd get blown off the court by any of those teams.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Spoken like another homer white guy. Ive seen Crestview several times and the Etzler boys are overrated. They can’t handle the ball at the D1 level and barely got by Kalida!!! They had trouble establishing themselves against a Richmond Hts team that Start smoked in a scrimmage in Nov. Start overcame three major injuries that nobody talks about and one was a starting shooting guard. Cmon guys did you play the game beyond high school? Any of you???
Now about the OG upset of Lima Senior? What about Findlay stomping OG by almost 30 at the Supreme Court? Things happen in basketball. Lima Senior got caught being lackadaisical but when focused like they were tougher than hell. Like in tourney for example. Must be 99 imbeciles because I’ll take OG all day everyday over Crestview. Losing to Bluffton? Cmon.

East is knowledgeable and a fun read, but why the bias against Start all year???? The lack of respect is still there and I’m here to speak up for that program. Coach Wortham is too talented and driven to be treated like this without a voice.

The same team that lost to Bluffton and squeaked by Kalida in tourney. Yea ok. Neither kid is an NBA player. Both will be role players at Miami and OSU, not 5 star talents. Like I said...

Another point. Just because a kid or two go D1 doesn’t mean they’re better than kids going D2 etc. That’s an old dried up theory. It’s not like these brothers are future nba players.

Easy Mac, you are WAY off base here. EIB was one of the more vocal cheerleaders of Start all season. Praised Wortham more than anyone. I'll give you a chance to go back and reread and comprehend.

The difference between going high-major, mid-major and D2 is almost entirely height, wingspan, speed, strength and leaping ability. In basketball if you have 2-3 legit D1 players you can be competitive against just about anyone that's not loaded with scholarship players and depth...a good example would be my local D4 catholic school back in the mid-90s with a high-major 7'0 center and a couple mid-major guards.

The nature of being a kid is to be lackadaisical and inconsistent at times, especially when facing a perceived lesser opponent. Most likely why Lima Sr. lost to OG and Crestview squeaked by Kalida. When you're not "up" for it and your opponent is highly motivated and disciplined, odd results can happen. Crestview cruised by 20 against bigger fish like MVCD and Berlin Hiland for regional and state titles.

As someone who follows the TRAC and city leagues from afar and who periodically checks recruiting sites, Fulcher from Lima was probably the only guy on any of those teams this year that's going to be a MAC level or better recruit. The younger Etzler and Zeb were easily the two best prospects in northwest Ohio.

The school doesn't matter, in basketball what matters is the kid's physical tools and who they play for and against in AAU.

Cmon guys did you play the game beyond high school? Any of you???

hmmm...hmmmm....oh what the hell.
EDIT: Out the snide....

Bart Schroeder? Never played basketball beyond high school. Pretty sure he didn't play basketball IN high school. Great Math teacher but I think he was a football coach that fell into the basketball gig. I don't believe Matt Worthen played beyond high school. Heck, he didn't play much IN high school. He sacrificed a lot of time for those Freshmen Coach P was bringing up as I recall. Did Heintshel? Maybe small school. Just saying. I don't think playing D5 college basketball is a pre-req to being knowledgeable enough to participate on these boards but please feel free to bring that experience, in a respectful manner. We prefer non-racists but if you can keep your inner nature contained, no one will complain.

From the few posts you've made it's easy to see, you're about the last person Matt would want standing up for him.

hmmm...hmmmm....oh what the hell.
EDIT: Out the snide....

Bart Schroeder? Never played basketball beyond high school. Pretty sure he didn't play basketball IN high school. Great Math teacher but I think he was a football coach that fell into the basketball gig. I don't believe Matt Worthen played beyond high school. Heck, he didn't play much IN high school. He sacrificed a lot of time for those Freshmen Coach P was bringing up as I recall. Did Heintshel? Maybe small school. Just saying. I don't think playing D5 college basketball is a pre-req to being knowledgeable enough to participate on these boards but please feel free to bring that experience, in a respectful manner. We prefer non-racists but if you can keep your inner nature contained, no one will complain.

From the few posts you've made it's easy to see, you're about the last person Matt would want standing up for him.

Having been in this business of interscholastic athletics for 15 years now I've watched from afar and coached against some guys and gals in a variety of sports who are amazing coaches and did not even play the sport in high school let alone achieve greatness in it. I've seen some guys ans gals who had phenomenal success as athletes themselves at a high level in that sport just completely crash and burn as coaches. So totally agree with your thoughts here on the subject.

Does it say something about who didn't show interest?

Martin didn't work any miracles at Scott but his inexperienced teams didn't seem lazy by any stretch the couple times I saw them. And he has some pedigree.

It was going to be Rogers-Start even if I'd taken the job at Rogers. Martin should have them ready. Little more disappointed that Scott is losing a coach, or had Martin already left? Would be nice to see stability there. Maybe that's an opening for Springs?

Coleman and Smith both played for Rogers in the summer league last night.

Rogers could have a special team. Everyone will need to buy into team, but they have a ton of quickness, length and are all quick off the floor.

PG Wyatt 6'3"
SG Coleman 6'3"
SF Smith 6'4"
PF Nelson 6'7"
C Jackson 6'7"

There are a couple younger guys who are highly regarded, but I have not seen them play.

Looks like Tony Delvaux has gone back to Whitmer from Toledo Christian.

Not real tall but he was a strong kid with some skills. TC is going to miss him. I'm not sure how he'd fit into Whitmer's system. He looks like he'd fit right into their football program though.

Not real tall but he was a strong kid with some skills. TC is going to miss him. I'm not sure how he'd fit into Whitmer's system. He looks like he'd fit right into their football program though.

He will be Whitmer's top player. They graduated almost all of their minutes and their JV struggled.

I doubt they will be down for long, but it looks like a rough couple of years.