Three Rivers Conference 2018-2019

Could you imagine Smith, Coleman and Neal with what they have coming back? Rogers is the hottest job opening in years around here.

Also hearing MVCD job is open and their stud heading to a prep in Cali...

They would rival the length and athleticism of the 1990 Scott team. Not saying they would be as good, but the potential would be there.

They would have at least 6 guys in the 6'4"-6'7" range who all could defend all 5 positions at the high school level. May need a few more balls though, which is always the struggle with a big influx of talent coming together for a year.

Rogers will have a ton of talent, need a coach who can get them see the benefits of playing team ball defensively and offensively!

Could you imagine Smith, Coleman and Neal with what they have coming back? Rogers is the hottest job opening in years around here.

Also hearing MVCD job is open and their stud heading to a prep in Cali...

Zeb transferring to Montverde in Florida. Conover stepping down from coaching position but staying as AD.

There is a .0127% chance of growing a 3rd arm living in the vicinity of Lake Apopka so... good place for a basketball academy, up those defensive skills. Off course if you actually swim in it, there's a 30% chance of losing an arm.

He already has a UM offer and verbal commitment, going to a prep offers him what? Head scratcher....

So his coach bolted 10 days ago when he knew Zeb was out and Coleman was leaving, the cupboard is suddenly bare at MVCD school.

They don't really rely on being an athletic powerhouse. It wasn't happening with their last coach. It wasn't going to happen with this coach. Will anyone there care if the cupboard is "bare," in ANY sport?

It is a head scratcher. Maybe they don't like Howard and are opening up the recruiting? Or maybe it was at the suggestion of the new coach or does that timing not work out?

Reasonable to believe that the decision to go the prep school route was made well before Coach Beilein left and the Juwan Howard hire. I'm a little surprised that he stayed at MV for 3 years.

I wonder if there will be any more deflections from MV.

Reasonable to believe that the decision to go the prep school route was made well before Coach Beilein left and the Juwan Howard hire. I'm a little surprised that he stayed at MV for 3 years.

I wonder if there will be any more deflections from MV.

Getting the best education in the area and being able to stay close to home was sure a stupid idea. MVCD has been deflecting morons for years.

Googled this academy. Nice academic photos at their website but every photo in google is basketball related. Googled Maumee Valley.... got campus, campus, classroom (they have those), looks like a soccer team, campus, finally a basketball, oops back to campus, robotics, campus...

I imagine the goal is to get competition that will improve his chances of early playing time in college. Someone please tell him not to dip his toes in the lake. Those aren't walleye.

Speaking of Walleye hoser... Could use a road trip to Nefieland. Whereyaat?

Good for Jackson. Nothing against MVCDS but he needed to go somewhere to get pushed and coached up rather than playing mostly subpar competition and shooting the ball every time down the floor. His skill set is really good, he can dribble, slashes at high speed, and his jumper is top notch but he needs to learn to play within himself a bit. Perhaps Fla will help with that?

On to more important things...

Rogers has as much talent as any team to play in the history of the area. We've seen talent come together before and excel and we have seen talent come together before and not figure out how to play with one basketball. Time will tell. I hope they excel because on paper they look special.

Who is the coach? Same as last season?

Who is the coach? Same as last season?

Last years coach is not back, interviews in progress. Couple side stories, last years coach is the dad of the starting PG. The streets are saying the JV coach from SFS is the leading candidate, tough spot for your first job...

Last years coach is not back, interviews in progress. Couple side stories, last years coach is the dad of the starting PG. The streets are saying the JV coach from SFS is the leading candidate, tough spot for your first job...

Wyatt right? And yes, very tough spot to be for a first timer.

Anyone else hear anything about Lima Senior gaining a 6'7 kid from London, OH? I'm told the kid played for Lima as a 9th grader and is returning to Lima for his senior year.

Gonna have to change the title of this thread as there is actually a new Three Rivers Conference elsewhere in the state now. Gotta keep that "Athletic" portion in the thread.

Anyone else hear anything about Lima Senior gaining a 6'7 kid from London, OH? I'm told the kid played for Lima as a 9th grader and is returning to Lima for his senior year.

Naz Cameron, he played as a Freshman for the Spartans, moved to London and played one year. If he moves back he will have 2 years left to play high school ball. Cameron is a player.

I would like to see Lamar Smith take the boys job at Rogers, then again he has a good thing going with the girls and it would be nice to see some more young/talented coaches get a shot.

Springs would be a good hire. As others have mentioned the St. Francis JV coach seems to be getting brought up a lot. I have heard good things about him also.

I believe Jason Besgrove (Clay assistant) took the Rogers football gig? He is in the building there I believe.

I've heard several names for the basketball job and Springs would be best.

With things at MVCD imploding the next hot small school spot is Emmanual Christian. Lionel Armstead is back and has a lot of very young talent in the building and the streets are saying it might be a place Coleman and Neal end up.

Probably has more to do with Rogers than TCL? Don't they fill athletic appts by building committee? Try getting two teachers to come in over Summer.

If they know who they're going to hire, good bet that coach is already in front of the players in some "legal" fashion. On the other hand, if there is no official coach, couldn't whoever hold as many playground sessions as they see fit? How does that work?

With things at MVCD imploding the next hot small school spot is Emmanual Christian. Lionel Armstead is back and has a lot of very young talent in the building and the streets are saying it might be a place Coleman and Neal end up.

Dear God stop it. No more very young talent at EC or MV. Play big boy ball instead of battling Hilltop & Stryker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All respect for any MacMan but if you go back in history to some of the best teams in TCL history, including Macomber it was often those little town teams gave them the most game. Crestview would have taken anyone in the city and even they had their day against little Blufton.

In football, I'd probably argue with you. In Basketball, I think the kids have more choices in how they wish to enjoy their high school years and meet their athletic goals.