Three Rivers Athletic Conference (TRAC) 2020-2021

#14 Lima Sr back on the court last night vs Clay after a two week quarantine wins 69-51. Khalil Luster lead the Spartans in scoring with 15pts followed by Ant Mosely 12pts, and , Jareon Mayo with 11pts. Big game Friday for the Spartans as they travel to Cleveland to take on the #2 ranked Lakewood St Eds Eagles.

Since it's 83 I suspect it's a gloat. That's his caliber. Bronnie James transfering to Central? There's another Ball kid and he strives to call Toledo "home?" New conference for the privates? Same conference for the privates?

1615862915059.png

what??

who said it was? I was just kind of caught off guard that he really left, and that the news broke this late into the night.

It was you dug out a special meme for the occasion and cchs83 particularly made it seems a big deal, so I would say you two did. Not an unreasonable conclusion so I asked.

why is this a big deal to Central? Or anyone outside of SFS?

Because of the trickle down effect locally in the coaching ranks. A certain TAAC coach has called it his dream job. A certain city league coach has already been contacted and a certain new TRAC coach will be interested. So ya, people outside of SFS should take note.

Because of the trickle down effect locally in the coaching ranks. A certain TAAC coach has called it his dream job. A certain city league coach has already been contacted and a certain new TRAC coach will be interested. So ya, people outside of SFS should take note.

Thanks, that's a helpful answer. I think they'd prefer to think of it as trickle up though. It's obvious, which TCL coach (isn't it?). BUT SFS isn't interested in his bball coaching nearly as much as they're interested in his Inverness connections. Best pay up! I'm gonna be his agent. When is the last time SFS had a humble basketball coach?

Thanks, that's a helpful answer. I think they'd prefer to think of it as trickle up though. It's obvious, which TCL coach (isn't it?). BUT SFS isn't interested in his bball coaching nearly as much as they're interested in his Inverness connections. Best pay up! I'm gonna be his agent. When is the last time SFS had a humble basketball coach?
Not sure I follow what you mean, but I’m sure there will be a ton of solid candidates. Not sure if the TCL whichever the two that has a chance will make the cut.

I assume the "contacted" city league guy is the caddy, hence the Inverness quip. He will at worst be a finalist for the SFS job if he wants it, and I would probably bet on him getting it if he wants it.

I assume the "contacted" city league guy is the caddy, hence the Inverness quip. He will at worst be a finalist for the SFS job if he wants it, and I would probably bet on him getting it if he wants it.
The TAAC Guy is more proven and better resume then the city guy, city guy ain’t done to much and lost to a mediocre Ashland team this year.

The TAAC Guy is more proven and better resume then the city guy, city guy ain’t done to much and lost to a mediocre Ashland team this year.

The city guy has multiple D1 district titles in five years at a school that wasn't very good in terms of D1 in the Toledo district prior to him taking over the reigns. He flipped the script on their fortunes pretty quickly.

Might be a mute point on his part as he might genuinely be pretty satisfied where he's at. Counting his years as an assistant there, He's probably been there for 12-13 years including staying when they didn't hire him as the head coach a few years before he finally got the nod.

The city guy has multiple D1 district titles in five years at a school that wasn't very good in terms of D1 in the Toledo district prior to him taking over the reigns. He flipped the script on their fortunes pretty quickly. Might be a mute point on his part as he might genuinely be pretty satisfied where he's at. Counting his years as an assistant there, He's probably been there for 12-13 years including staying when they didn't hire him as the head coach a few years before he finally got the nod.
ahhhhh I stand corrected your right, slipped my mind that they won it back to back. I mainly only thought of the shocking run when they beat SF by 20+ the stunned whitmer in the final. I guess that is impressive especially of out a TCL school, still think he is on the outside looking in especially if he and Lewis has the same style which I have heard as well.

ahhhhh I stand corrected your right, slipped my mind that they won it back to back. I mainly only thought of the shocking run when they beat SF by 20+ the stunned whitmer in the final. I guess that is impressive especially of out a TCL school, still think he is on the outside looking in especially if he and Lewis has the same style which I have heard as well.

I would probably argue Wortham is better at teaching that style of play. The last handful of years he's done as good a job as anyone in the Toledo area at getting the most out of what he's been working with IMO, and I think in that regard, he's been much more impressive than Travis Lewis. Either of the years that Start won district titles I don't know that anyone could say with a straight face that they had better individual talent than St. Francis. They didn't. It was all the system, getting player buy-in and doing a great job of motivating kids.

I guess the question for St. Francis is whether or not they have a "vision" for a preferred style of play that could strongly influence who they hire. I'm sure they'll have a ton of interest in this job regardless, and will have several qualified candidates.

I would probably argue Wortham is better at teaching that style of play. The last handful of years he's done as good a job as anyone in the Toledo area at getting the most out of what he's been working with IMO, and I think in that regard, he's been much more impressive than Travis Lewis. Either of the years that Start won district titles I don't know that anyone could say with a straight face that they had better individual talent than St. Francis. They didn't. It was all the system, getting player buy-in and doing a great job of motivating kids.

I guess the question for St. Francis is whether or not they have a "vision" for a preferred style of play that could strongly influence who they hire. I'm sure they'll have a ton of interest in this job regardless, and will have several qualified candidates.
Seen start play a few times on BCSN, i am sure i speak for a ton of people and definitely no offense but I am not sure how that guy gets those kids to run all those plays, it was like watching perrysburg/findlay on steroids repeatedly running sets or quick hitters with all that speed, but had no height from what i remember. Again correct Start/SF on paper is like night and day, especially with the fact that more SF kids are playing college basketball than start kids. You are making some valid points and maybe I have not seen enough but the guy does not scream SF when I think of that job opening. Although again back2back district is hard for anyone let alone a place like start who probably never won one before that.

Last edited:
Seen start play a few times on BCSN, im sure i speak for a ton of people and definitely no offense but I am not sure how that guy gets those kids to run all those plays, it was like watching perrysburg/findlay on steriods repeatly running sets or quick hitters with all that speed, but had no height from what i remember. Again correct Start/SF on paper is like night and day, especially with the face that more SF kids are playing college basketball than start kids. You are making some valid points and maybe I have not seen enough but the guy does not scream SF when I think of that job opening. Although again back2back district is hard for anyone let alone a place like start who probably never won one before that.
Start ran 10 of Findlay's quick hitter plays vs Findlay last month! Great coach

Wortham may not view the SFS job as a promotion. Plus, he seems like a loyal - kids 1st type of guy who would struggle to leave his guys at Start.

Does SFS have any admin. jobs open to sweeten the offer? The coaching job alone limits the pool of coaches willing to make that jump.