Three Rivers Athletic Conference (TRAC) 2019-2020

Last night of the year for TRAC contests.

Whitmer at Fremont: I'll take Fremont in a close one.
Lima at Findlay: Lima will win, but Findlay will keep it closer than it should be.
Central Catholic over Clay: Central.
St. John's at St. Francis: I'll go with St. Francis, who will ride this late season momentum into a District Championship game appearance.

Got some hot picks on lottery numbers?

FINAL STANDINGS:

1) Lima 14-0
2) St. Francis 10-4
2) Central Catholic 10-4
4) St. John's 8-6
4) Findlay 8-6
6) Fremont 3-11
7) Whitmer 2-12
8) Clay 1-13

Congrats to the Spartans. Some young teams in this league which can make it much better next season.

We will be interesting. All three of the high school programs won the TRAC. Our bigs on the JV need to bulk up a bit, but we've got some size, shooters and as usual for Lima, 600 guards.

Lima will be good again. Like Spartan87 mentioned, their JV and freshman teams were really good this year. The talent in their program is unmatched in this league right now. Until I see otherwise, they will be the favorite for the league title again next season.
St. Francis should contend for the title. They have the talent for it. Imagine if Jamiya Neal was still there.
St. John's will contend like always. Other than a down year last season, they've been extremely consistent throughout the years. I have a feeling they'll be back to the top of the TRAC sooner rather than later.
Central Catholic had a great season this year. Don't know how much they have returning though. They have been up and down in the TRAC. They've had some really good teams but some really bad teams as well.
Findlay returns a lot but their talent still isn't as good as other teams in the league (even though they do have some nice young players). They rely on great game plans and coaching. But without top talent, their ceiling is lower than other teams in the league. Still though, they should finish in the top 3 or 4 next season.
Whitmer had a surprisingly bad season this year. Not sure what they bring back. They should never that bad with the athletes they have.
Clay and Fremont are trending upward. They competed in most games this season better than the past few years. If these two teams get better, the depth in this league is ridiculously good. They should be much better next season.

The big question mark leading up to next season will be transfers. You never know who will end up somewhere else. An elite player transferring in or out of the TRAC could change a lot.

Just off the top of my head, without doing much digging, I'll take a wild guess at next year's standings:

1) Lima
2) St. Francis
3) St. John's
4) Findlay
5) Central Catholic
6) Clay
7) Whitmer
8) Fremont

We have 10 seniors graduating (Fulcher, Simpson, Mack, Wheeler, Clair, Daniel, Durr, Austin, Davis, Anderson). So we are gonna have some rebuilding, and growing to do.

We have 10 seniors graduating (Fulcher, Simpson, Mack, Wheeler, Clair, Daniel, Durr, Austin, Davis, Anderson). So we are gonna have some rebuilding, and growing to do.

Oh wow. I knew that they had a lot of key pieces that were seniors, but I had no clue it was that many.

Don't worry I hear they have scouts looking for the best talent in Columbus, Puerto Rico and greater Lima area to bring in next year. ?

Quincey Simpson TRAC coach of the year.

Josiah Fulcher back to back TRAC Player of the year. Jamir Simpson first team, Khalil Luster second team and Jourdyn Rawlins and Da'San Clair honorable mention all TRAC!

I am not sure Clay will continue to trend up. They lose a lot of depth (for them) - which they don't typically have.

It looked to me like the league sunk to them more so than them rising up to the league. They have some solid guys coming back, but will go back to giving up 10 to 15 points runs when they go to their bench and/or run out of fouls to use by early in the 3rd quarter. I saw a couple guys make big strides forward, but others took a step backwards especially in conditioning and effort.

Good luck to him. All respect to people who coach. Young guy isn't he? Doesn't seem like that long ago Coach Smith left.

Ryan’s a good friend and a tireless worker. Grew up through the ranks under Ed H, Welling and Bruce Smith, not a bad way to learn how to coach.

Toledo folks:

Was Brown leaving a surprise?? It was down this way. Knew he had a down year, but that happens sometimes when you are senior heavy. Loss of a good coach in the league..

Schools are going to have a tougher and tougher time finding coaches. Whitmer just lost the boys bball coach, girls bball coach, and wrestling coach.

If you really want to develop a high end program in any sport it takes year round hard work that far exceeds a coaching stipend. Then you have to deal with today's uncontrollable crazy parents.

Schools are going to have a tougher and tougher time finding coaches. Whitmer just lost the boys bball coach, girls bball coach, and wrestling coach.

If you really want to develop a high end program in any sport it takes year round hard work that far exceeds a coaching stipend. Then you have to deal with today's uncontrollable crazy parents.

Central Catholic has hired a few volleyball coaches these last 2-3 years and the applications have been head scratchers at best. The amount of time required for the amount of money for that time isn't equal. Then throw in the parents, body trainers, skill trainers, handlers and the guy who lives on the block who gives direction bc he was the man back in the day and High Level Park and you'll understand why high school coaching is a dying breed.

Couple things I've noticed these last few years in an athletic admin role is like you said just how hard it is to hire coaches, hire good coaches and then retain coaches. Sometimes the public doesn't realize that some of these hires are made because that's the only person who applied haha. Now football and basketball you're typically going to have a dozen or more applicants even at your less than traditional powers but sports like volleyball, soccer, softball, wrestling you're lucky if you get a handful. Sports like XC, swimming, golf, tennis forget about it.