Three Rivers Athletic Conference (TRAC) 2019-2020

D1nwobb

Lima Senior is the obvious favorite. Gets a little murky after that with Central, Findlay, St. John's, and St. Francis. Clay and Whitmer will battle for 6th with Ross in the basement.

Lima is the clear favorite, but I don't think Central is that far behind. When I watched them play at Central it was anyone's game. I think the final score was a 3 point margin. I am not sure if Central has the same depth as last year but that could be a good thing. The high school game is too short to sub 5 on and 5 off like many college or pro teams do.

The addition of Dante' Wheeler to Lima Senior’s, a 6-7 senior PF has ball skills and great size — versatile weapon is a great add to already talented team.

Lima is the clear favorite, but I don't think Central is that far behind. When I watched them play at Central it was anyone's game. I think the final score was a 3 point margin. I am not sure if Central has the same depth as last year but that could be a good thing. The high school game is too short to sub 5 on and 5 off like many college or pro teams do.

Very tight game in Toledo it was. Game in Lima not so close as Lima was up by 20 at the end of 3 and coasted to a 11pt victory.

Lima OOC schedule - Elida, OG, LCC, Shawnee, Mansfield, Kewpee Holiday Classic (Kettering Fairmont, Toledo Rogers, Maumee VCD).

I haven't seen the team yet this year. Did Waite play anyone over 5'8"?

Looked at Davey1 and saw the Start-Findlay game postponed. Anyone have insight into that?

Clay lost badly to Northview, who lost to Woodward. Not looking good for Clay. All sitting bench at Stritch as Stritch reloads with transfers?

St. Francis has a couple good wins early.

The rest of the league saving games for later. I've wondered if that doesn't wear them down a bit towards end of the season.

Clay lost badly to Northview, who lost to Woodward. Not looking good for Clay. All sitting bench at Stritch as Stritch reloads with transfers?

St. Francis has a couple good wins early.

I thought Clay would be a little better this year. No reason to take it on the chin that bad from Northview. Clay has everyone back (albeit from a bad season) and Northview lost their two best players (from a good season). The Northview coach is quickly becoming one of the better coaches in the area.

I think Stritch only has 1 Oregon kid in the program this year.

Anyone know if Pick Central was missing any football players for their game vs St. Francis? If not that is a real nice showing by St. Francis.

Last edited:
I thought Clay would be a little better this year. No reason to take it on the chin that bad from Northview. Clay has everyone back (albeit from a bad season) and Northview lost their two best players (from a good season). The Northview coach is quickly becoming one of the better coaches in the area.

I think Stritch only has 1 Oregon kid in the program this year.

Anyone know if Pick Central was missing any football players for their game vs St. Francis? If not that is a real nice showing by St. Francis.
I think Clay will be ok. They got off to a really bad start in that game and couldn't make a run to get back in it. Northview hit 7 behind the arc in the first half. You could tell who had a game under their belt and who didn't. Also, Clay was without arguably the 2nd leading scorer on the team. They will be a better team this year. Once they are healthy they will be an ok team.

was not overly impressed with SFS

Nice start for SFS with 3 close wins. Isn't SFS basically last years JV team?

SFS has solid guard play and young bigs (6'7" and 6'9"). They are probably a year away from being one of the favorites in the TRAC, but could take a few thumpings vs the better teams on their schedule. Will continue to get better as the season goes on with the amount of youth that they have.

Clay will need to find some offense beyond "Big" Frank, but it is a good sign that they were able to play some defense in this game.

St. Johns may be a little better than most thought. Beat up on Findlay and competitive with St. Eds.

Conference action on Tuesday 12/10:
Lima Sr vs Clay Lima rolls in this one.
Whitmer vs Findlay Watched Whitmer vs Lima, with all the talent Whitmer graduated i think Findlay will take this one.
St Francis vs Ross Havent seen either team but hearing St. Francis is better than expected. I'll take St Francis.
TCC vs STJ This sounds like it will be a battle but seeing how STJ held there own against St Eds i'll take STJ.

What your guys opinion on these matchups?

Conference action on Tuesday 12/10:
Lima Sr vs Clay Lima rolls in this one.
Whitmer vs Findlay Watched Whitmer vs Lima, with all the talent Whitmer graduated i think Findlay will take this one.
St Francis vs Ross Havent seen either team but hearing St. Francis is better than expected. I'll take St Francis.
TCC vs STJ This sounds like it will be a battle but seeing how STJ held there own against St Eds i'll take STJ.

What your guys opinion on these matchups?

Central at St. John's has been pushed back to February. Central won't open their season until Friday night.

How many Hornbeaks in this league now? I see SF and SJ each have a Hornbeak and Whitmer has one as well. Pushing Kynard's for Toledo athletic royalty. ;)

How many Hornbeaks in this league now? I see SF and SJ each have a Hornbeak and Whitmer has one as well. Pushing Kynard's for Toledo athletic royalty. ;)

More interesting is how/if the boys are related. Brothers? First cousins? I don't remember that last name from back in the day.....

Lima Sr. 103
Clay 62
Josiah Fulcher leads the Spartans with 29. Jamir Simpson with 23.
Wow!! Lima Senior is fun to watch. I was hoping for to see some Athletes and they did not disappoint. Probably about 5 dunks and another 4-5 they missed that still were exciting. I was also impressed with how well they played as a team and how well disciplined they were. I did notice, hopefully it doesn't hurt them down the stretch, with how much they foul. They are very aggressive on defense so it causes quite a few fouls. Tonight it didn't hurt them because Clay probably shot 20% from the line. Fulcher can shoot, Simpson has a great all around game, and Wheeler is also a stud. They have 3-4 more guys who also can really play. Great team and I can't wait to see the run they make

Always have been aggressive defensively. We can turn people over and it leads to instant offense. Gotta stop missing dunks though! There will be a point we need the points. St. Francis comes to town Friday for the home opener. Hope we can keep it rolling!