Thoughts on the open jobs? Newton Falls, Lowellville, Lisbon and Austintown Fitch.

Did Southington do a first round of interviews yet? Is it possible they never made it interviews outside the district? There is a former head coach in the building and an assistant that could've taken the position.

Did Southington do a first round of interviews yet? Is it possible they never made it interviews outside the district? There is a former head coach in the building and an assistant that could've taken the position.
I heard they conducted first round interviews earlier in the week and were bringing two candidates back later this week.

I heard they conducted first round interviews earlier in the week and were bringing two candidates back later this week.
Good lord, how long has this job been open? It will be March before a guys is in place. Not helping themselves. Hopefully somebody has the kids in the weight room.

Heard Southington had their second round of interviews yesterday. Any word on any decision or when that will be done?

I didn't get names but it's between a coach with previous head coaching experience and a less expereinced coach that doesn't have any head coaching experience. The tug of war with the three person hiring committee is what direction they want to go. The wrong decision couple end the program.

The top candidate turned the job and didn't feel comfortable hiring the second choice. They are holding out hope that someone qualified will inquire about the position if not they are considering canceling the program.

The top candidate turned the job and didn't feel comfortable hiring the second choice. They are holding out hope that someone qualified will inquire about the position if not they are considering canceling the program.

That's a shame for the kids. What school districts does NF border? If they kill the program, I'm guessing that the kids who want to play football will end up somewhere else, unless they stay for basketball. Don't they have a solid basketball program? If so, some may stick around for that.

Southington's problem, is concerned with "numbers." Even if they hire a coach, the number of kids playing this year could be very low. Recruiting within the school will become a full time job. Who ever takes this job needs to stress fun! Or eventually, they will quit. I hope they can figure this problem out.

Southington's problem, is concerned with "numbers." Even if they hire a coach, the number of kids playing this year could be very low. Recruiting within the school will become a full time job. Who ever takes this job needs to stress fun! Or eventually, they will quit. I hope they can figure this problem out.
If you have to coerce and beg kids to come out, promising they'll have fun while playing, then they should just fold the program anyway. If the kids hearts aren't in it alresdy they probably never will be. You may have few who who have never played before who would realize they love it but not an entire teams worth. Also, if some truly loves the gsme and wants to plsy a sport they will no mstter who the coach is.

I will have to res
If you have to coerce and beg kids to come out, promising they'll have fun while playing, then they should just fold the program anyway. If the kids hearts aren't in it alresdy they probably never will be. You may have few who who have never played before who would realize they love it but not an entire teams worth. Also, if some truly loves the gsme and wants to plsy a sport they will no mstter who the coach is.
I have to respectfully disagree with you on this point. The right coach makes all the difference in the world with todays kids. If they dont like the coach they will not come out regardless if they love the game or not.

I will have to res

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this point. The right coach makes all the difference in the world with todays kids. If they dont like the coach they will not come out regardless if they love the game or not.
I know that is true in some situations, especially in this particular case. I think it really wouldn't matter who they hired at Southington, most of the kids that are serious about the game saw the writing on the wall and have left long ago to OE schools and Kennedy. Maybe I'm just old school, but unless the coach is abusive, if you love the game you play, simple as that. If a kid isn't playing a sport that they actually want to play because they just don't totally like a coach they are going to have a rude awakening when in the real world.

I know that is true in some situations, especially in this particular case. I think it really wouldn't matter who they hired at Southington, most of the kids that are serious about the game saw the writing on the wall and have left long ago to OE schools and Kennedy. Maybe I'm just old school, but unless the coach is abusive, if you love the game you play, simple as that. If a kid isn't playing a sport that they actually want to play because they just don't totally like a coach they are going to have a rude awakening when in the real world.
I agree with just about everything you said but todays kids are strange and oddly stubborn. They will not play because they dont like someone and i totally agree with you that they are in for a rude awakening in the real world