Thoughts on the Newton Falls job?

I guess you’ve been passed over again by NF
As I said before, very sensitive. The only thing I feel a little bad for is if people think I’m a coach. I want no part of that job and would be bad at it. I’ll be at the WR games, right section facing the field, towards the top. We can gladly discuss it then if you want, I’m not hard to find.

no one in house is taking, or being given the chance to take, this job so they are going outside the district

A new head of the table should be named soon. God help the guy that gets this job. A lot of good candidates were passed over for this job. They may count themselves lucky they were not selected. My source says that the interview was one of the worst experiences that he has ever gone through. Felt totally disrespected. The only good thing that he had to say was that the principal is quite attractive. Other candidates resumes and interview materials were all out on the table for anyone to see. Not exactly the best way to conduct a search for an important position.

A new head of the table should be named soon. God help the guy that gets this job. A lot of good candidates were passed over for this job. They may count themselves lucky they were not selected. My source says that the interview was one of the worst experiences that he has ever gone through. Felt totally disrespected. The only good thing that he had to say was that the principal is quite attractive. Other candidates resumes and interview materials were all out on the table for anyone to see. Not exactly the best way to conduct a search for an important position.
The guy being interviewed felt disrespected or the people doing the interview? It seems like you see and hear that a lot these days.

His take is that they have had their chosen few for a while and he felt like it was a waste of time. My response was that that is normal. Then he went on to tell me about the process. Again, there are politics and it is all about who you know or who knows you. However, why would anyone leave out resumes and put other peoples names out on a table for people to see and not think that is a bad look, unless they really could have cared less. Also, he was told that he was overqualified for the job... that's a new one.

His take is that they have had their chosen few for a while and he felt like it was a waste of time. My response was that that is normal. Then he went on to tell me about the process. Again, there are politics and it is all about who you know or who knows you. However, why would anyone leave out resumes and put other peoples names out on a table for people to see and not think that is a bad look, unless they really could have cared less. Also, he was told that he was overqualified for the job... that's a new one.
So the candidate was mad. Could be hard feelings, who knows though. Hard to say these days

I know most of you will not find this hard to believe but based on my conversation with people there, this is becoming a real s#it show. Wont hire internally, interviews in disarray and not having a real plan on how to proceed

Falls had a hard time finding a head coach last go round, Lazzari is the AD and was on the committee and was asked to take the job because the applicants weren’t very good, sounding like the same thing.

They have a teacher candidate that is willing to take this on but the administration feels he is to young. Hes around 28 yrs old and has been in the district for working as a teacher for i think 4 years or so

They have a teacher candidate that is willing to take this on but the administration feels he is to young. Hes around 28 yrs old and has been in the district for working as a teacher for i think 4 years or so
Excellent. Prop him up, surround him with good assistants, mentor him, and have his back for a full 4 year cycle to see what happens. I feel this is a good situation.

I know most of you will not find this hard to believe but based on my conversation with people there, this is becoming a real s#it show. Wont hire internally, interviews in disarray and not having a real plan on how to proceed
I have actually heard a little different from some people close to the situation. Program has been in disarray since Bjelac left. Committe was formed with interviews among many candidates. Think they are looking for a major change to try and get the program going in the right direction. Heard only one internal candidate applied and that was Sikora but then withdrew his name for reasons unknown.

I have actually heard a little different from some people close to the situation. Program has been in disarray since Bjelac left. Committe was formed with interviews among many candidates. Think they are looking for a major change to try and get the program going in the right direction. Heard only one internal candidate applied and that was Sikora but then withdrew his name for reasons unknown.
Another one pulled his name to clear path for Sikora

They are friends and worked together on Lazzari staff so he was trying to create less headaches for everyone

Another one pulled his name to clear path for Sikora
Makes sense just was confused by previous comments saying that they wont hire an internal candidate but only heard of Sikora applying and later withdrawing. The other internal guy didn’t want to throw his name in after Sikora withdrew?

Makes sense just was confused by previous comments saying that they wont hire an internal candidate but only heard of Sikora applying and later withdrawing. The other internal guy didn’t want to throw his name in after Sikora withdrew?

Either way, hoping they get someone in there sooner than later

They think he's too young

Not trying to be a jerk at all, but who’s had most recent success in the last couple of coaches for falls?

Falls went 5-5 in 2018, and their last winning record was in 2009 at 7-3. Prior to that they went 6-4 in 2003, 7-4 in 2002 losing in the first round of the playoffs to State Runner-up Smithville 21-20, and 6-4 in 2001. Other than the seasons stated here, they have had a losing record every other year since 2000.

heard second interviews were last night and new coach will be announced tomorrow to the team. In town guy with no head coaching experience was the front runner, will see how it goes!

There are just schools out there, and a long list of them, that don't get it. They take the attitude with these job openings as "come impress us" as opposed to the school itself realizing it's program is a complete dumpster fire and doing something to actually make it attractive to a good candidate. Tuck your tail between your legs and let a good candidate know they NEED help turning things around and WANT to turn things around.

BOE meeting today where the hire will be discussed (in executive session).
No guarantees the hire will actually take place today. But since the BOE is meeting for the purpose of addressing the issue, this very well could be settled tonight.