Thoughts on Columbiana beating East Palestine 82-0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was just told columbiana pulled starters at half time from a coach of theirs. I trust this person. Anyone saying otherwise is either salty as hell or a liar.

Was just told columbiana pulled starters at half time from a coach of theirs. I trust this person. Anyone saying otherwise is either salty as hell or a liar.

I’m sure they had a mix of starters and backups in. Write up in the paper shows their starting QB Cross threw a couple TD’s in the 3rd quarter.

Was it bad sportsmanship for Spaite to be throwing TDs with his starting qb up 60 points? Probably, but he’s a known scumbag so no one should be surprised.

However, if you’re EP you gotta show some fight and not just lay down. I’ve seen a lot of games where one team is outgunned like they were and it didn’t get even close to that bad.

I’m sure they had a mix of starters and backups in. Write up in the paper shows their starting QB Cross threw a couple TD’s in the 3rd quarter.

Was it bad sportsmanship for Spaite to be throwing TDs with his starting qb up 60 points? Probably, but he’s a known scumbag so no one should be surprised.

However, if you’re EP you gotta show some fight and not just lay down. I’ve seen a lot of games where one team is outgunned like they were and it didn’t get even close to that bad. Giving up 82 points in 3 quarters, come on...
82 points in 3 quarters is unheard of really. Can’t blame columbiana for playing football. Those backups wanna score too. Ep didn’t wanna play football all season should have played a Jv schedule if they were gonna field a team like that.

82 points in 3 quarters is unheard of really. Can’t blame columbiana for playing football. Those backups wanna score too. Ep didn’t wanna play football all season should have played a Jv schedule if they were gonna field a team like that.

Nobody in EP should be dwelling on what happened last night. The focus right now needs to be on getting more kids out next year and working to prevent another catastrophe of a season like this one. Unfortunately I’m not sure that’s gonna happen.

Nobody in EP should be dwelling on what happened last night. The focus right now needs to be on getting more kids out next year and working to prevent another catastrophe of a season like this one. Unfortunately I’m not sure that’s gonna happen.
Well. If I’m a parent of an ep kid and they keep the coach that put that team out there I’d be looking at other avenues that’s for sure.

I see it both ways. Does Columbiana seniors deserve more than a half of football for their last game of most of their careers? Sure they do. Jv kids deserve to score too if they can, you'd think that ep varsity would be able to stop some jv kids.

I thought ep community liked their coach, heard just had low turn out this year? I don't know I'm just going by what I've read.

If the coach was calling passing plays up 60 in the 3rd quarter, with his starters in, he’s a piece of ? and should be fired by the school. That’s as low as you can go.

Say “they should play defense” all you want. Sometime KIDS are overmatched by other teams. Notice I emphasized on kids, this isn’t the NFL. HS coaches are mentors and role models, lead by example.

If the coach was calling passing plays up 60 in the 3rd quarter, with his starters in, he’s a piece of ? and should be fired by the school. That’s as low as you can go.

Say “they should play defense” all you want. Sometime KIDS are overmatched by other teams. Notice I emphasized on kids, this isn’t the NFL. HS coaches are mentors and role models, lead by example.
You are 100% right. Its not so much the score but how they got there. The starting qb throwing tds up by 60 is straight trash. Scoring on fumbles, punt returns or runs by backups is a different story. A grown man trying to demoralize kids who are clearly overmatched isn't a Coach.

Spaite was a frequent poster on JJ’s Puddle. His comments directed to other teams and coaches spoke volumes to his character, or lack thereof. His actions have always done the same. I can’t help but think that at least some of those 82 points were unnecessary.

fblbo

Spaite was a frequent poster on JJ’s Puddle. His comments directed to other teams and coaches spoke volumes to his character, or lack thereof. His actions have always done the same. I can’t help but think that at least some of those 82 points were unnecessary.

fblbo
I believe all of what you posted. He's a scumbag at best!

Scoring 82 points with a running clock seems very difficult to do unless 60+ came in the first half. With a running clock, you should only get about 3 possessions in the 2nd half unless you are scoring on the first play each time.

Scoring 82 points with a running clock seems very difficult to do unless 60+ came in the first half. With a running clock, you should only get about 3 possessions in the 2nd half unless you are scoring on the first play each time.
It was 55-0 @ halftime. They scored 27 in the 3rd. The starting QB scored 3 of the last 5 tds, including 2 passes one of wich the second to last td.

If they were throwing touchdowns in the second half that's BS. Kind of like what Crestview used to do to under matched opponents when they were decent. No place for it in football

Anyone that’s followed football in Columbiana County since he’s been their head coach knows that Bob Spaite is no role model. Fans from just about every school in the old TCL league have at least one Spaite story to tell, and none of those stories are positive.

Why would a school continue to employ the guy then? That’s a negative reflection upon the AD and administration.

The vindy is reporting this game went 3 quarters.
The game was called with 10 minutes left in 4rth quarter due to shortage of players it says in the Morning Journal.... Clippers might have added onto that 82 if it was not for that.....

It was 55-0 @ halftime. They scored 27 in the 3rd. The starting QB scored 3 of the last 5 tds, including 2 passes one of wich the second to last td.
They have the box score in the Lisbon Morning Journal. The starting RB scored the final TD in the 3rd quarter. Now, it was only his 3rd carry of the game (2TDs), but still.....
The paper also reported they were on the verge of breaking a school record for points scored. Was that the motivation?

I’d be interested to get a Columbiana perspective on this. I really hope there isn’t a coach out there as douchey as this thread is making the guy appear

When your JV is better than their varsity... but after a 50 point first half lead the winning team should be prohibited from throwing a pass longer than 5 yards. If the JV scores then, sorry bout that.

Status
Not open for further replies.