This sounds like "common sense"

WSAImpact

I won't be able to watch any games this season, is this correct? Forget going to Bedford on September 4 or seeing Massillon play at Wooster in October.

*Me looking for the point of this thread*
giphy-1.gif

I would expect that schools will have to come up with avenues for fans to watch games. Which for larger schools, I'm sure isn't an issue. For rural, smaller schools, that may be a major issue. I know everyone wants it all the way they are used to, but the most important thing is that they get to play. The rest we'll figure out.

I would expect that schools will have to come up with avenues for fans to watch games. Which for larger schools, I'm sure isn't an issue. For rural, smaller schools, that may be a major issue. I know everyone wants it all the way they are used to, but the most important thing is that they get to play. The rest we'll figure out.

Streaming is getting really easy now and cost effective. You just need someone with the right gear. But, not everyone in rural has internet that gets good enough down to get the feed so that could be an issue.

Streaming is getting really easy now and cost effective. You just need someone with the right gear. But, not everyone in rural has internet that gets good enough down to get the feed so that could be an issue.
I mentioned this in the MAC thread.
There has been community request for Fort Recovery Radio (their online radio station) to start video streaming even, with a big emphasis on sports. Eastern neighbors and opponents South Adams, from Berne, Indiana, have a fantastic live stream set up and archive system with the Berne Witness. Blackford has a much more rudimentary but equally as effective way to stream by utilizing the simple to use YouTube streaming service. Almost every high school kid nowadays knows how to live stream, it's time to take that next jump.
FRR usually gives the same answers when community members mention or suggest. "The OHSAA won't allow it."
Now, I don't know if that's just a cop-out or if it's legit. I can see it both ways.

There has been community request for Fort Recovery Radio (their online radio station) to start video streaming even, with a big emphasis on sports. Eastern neighbors and opponents South Adams, from Berne, Indiana, have a fantastic live stream set up and archive system with the Berne Witness. Blackford has a much more rudimentary but equally as effective way to stream by utilizing the simple to use YouTube streaming service. Almost every high school kid nowadays knows how to live stream, it's time to take that next jump.
FRR usually gives the same answers when community members mention or suggest. "The OHSAA won't allow it."
Now, I don't know if that's just a cop-out or if it's legit. I can see it both ways.
Do they want some piece of revenue?

Use this as an opportunity to social distance and get fans hooked on it. Allow for free.

In 2021 figure out the funding model for schools getting most and ohsaa a little.

Hopefully it does not pull butts out of seats.

I expect in small schools for there to be hundreds of fans standing just outside the stadium fence, with the concession stand people selling their goods and receiving their cash through the holes in the chain links.

I could see the concern with revenue and attendance with the advent of streaming sporting events. Especially for smaller communities... and smaller communities with- well, not so good programs.
Maybe there could be a Netflix-esque passcode given to season ticket holders, or have a separate online pass for out for those who don't live in the area anymore and want to have access.
A literal OnlyFans account.
Didn't think I'd reference OnlyFans on Yappi... but if someone was gonna do it, it was bound to be me.

Are you kidding? As soon as it is wet or chilly and the game is being televised in some form in real time, fans will flee from attending, just like the state championship games.

If there paying to watch at home its better than the 0 that comes in today for that scenario.

If there paying to watch at home its better than the 0 that comes in today for that scenario.

except one person will pay for it and a bunch of people will come over to their house to watch it... especially students. So schools won’t make the same money they would’ve on tickets, and while people won’t be together at the game... they’ll get together in smaller groups to watch it.

except one person will pay for it and a bunch of people will come over to their house to watch it... especially students. So schools won’t make the same money they would’ve on tickets, and while people won’t be together at the game... they’ll get together in smaller groups to watch it.

Is that drawback enough just to not attempt that revenue stream? Sounds like the price needs to be higher, not removing the service.

Hey - will cheerleaders still cheer when the stands are nearly empty on Friday nights?

I ask bc my daughter's a cheerleader and I'm thinking I might be able to attend the games bc of her!!!

It's legit -- live telecasts or streaming video of Friday night football games is not allowed except for school based productions by students. This past season, Spectrum, which is an official partner of OHSAA, was allowed to stream some games live. I would guess that is part of their rights package with OHSAA for televising the state tournaments.
There was also an outfit in the Dayton area streaming live video of football games on Facebook. Not a school based outfit, some business that was set up. We complained to OHSAA about this, but nothing was done. I suppose a letter from Spectrum's lawyers would have been more effective.

Streaming is getting really easy now and cost effective. You just need someone with the right gear.
and a steady hand. Even the right gear doesn't take much.

Back in the day, I worked for a company that set up lights, sound and video boards for concerts and conventions. The guy who ran it when the show started was a real artist, making real time camera cuts, telling cameras and lights where to go and move and stuff like that. Watching him was like watching someone play a concert organ. His hands were flying over the board even as he was giving commands to the remote team. He had a rhythm he be-bopped to, depending upon the situaion.

If it is ok for at least a small team to enter the stadium to do this, it's a real opportunity for students to learn what has to be a growing vocation.

and a steady hand. Even the right gear doesn't take much.

Back in the day, I worked for a company that set up lights, sound and video boards for concerts and conventions. The guy who ran it when the show started was a real artist, making real time camera cuts, telling cameras and lights where to go and move and stuff like that. Watching him was like watching someone play a concert organ. His hands were flying over the board even as he was giving commands to the remote team. He had a rhythm he be-bopped to, depending upon the situaion.

If it is ok for at least a small team to enter the stadium to do this, it's a real opportunity for students to learn what has to be a growing vocation.

You can even get really good quality with a modern phone that snaps onto the tri-pod. Most of the tri-pods today have a phone attachment. That helps with the up and down shakes but not the left to right :)

It's legit -- live telecasts or streaming video of Friday night football games is not allowed except for school based productions by students. This past season, Spectrum, which is an official partner of OHSAA, was allowed to stream some games live. I would guess that is part of their rights package with OHSAA for televising the state tournaments.
There was also an outfit in the Dayton area streaming live video of football games on Facebook. Not a school based outfit, some business that was set up. We complained to OHSAA about this, but nothing was done. I suppose a letter from Spectrum's lawyers would have been more effective.
Interesting.
I wonder what the would happen if it was a school based AV-Club live production. I believe Celina's school has a cable access channel on the county's local cable provider. I remember them airing current season games.

Interesting.
I wonder what the would happen if it was a school based AV-Club live production. I believe Celina's school has a cable access channel on the county's local cable provider. I remember them airing current season games.
School based AV clubs are allowed to do live telecasts/video streams of Friday night games. OHSAA also exempts student productions from rights fees for tournament games.

Hey - will cheerleaders still cheer when the stands are nearly empty on Friday nights?

I ask bc my daughter's a cheerleader and I'm thinking I might be able to attend the games bc of her!!!
Most likely no band or cheerleaders. If there's no spectators is going to just be the teams, officials, stadium staff and anyone broadcasting or reporting on the game.

If limited fans it will be players families at minimum and then up to a percentage or the stadium.

There is a league in eastern Ohio that will do live streaming of all league games in a pay per view format. Have already talked to OHSAA about the policy changes that would need to be in place to do it. Currently, Spectrum owns the rights to all Friday night games.

Can you imagine the big gatherings that will occur to watch the games? I'm sure it won't take many beers for the masks to come off and social distancing to disappear.

There is a league in eastern Ohio that will do live streaming of all league games in a pay per view format. Have already talked to OHSAA about the policy changes that would need to be in place to do it. Currently, Spectrum owns the rights to all Friday night games.

Can you imagine the big gatherings that will occur to watch the games? I'm sure it won't take many beers for the masks to come off and social distancing to disappear.

Welcome back football!!

Our school has its own youtube channel to broadcast via our mass media department. I'm not sure if this will now be a pay to watch or not. However, there is some excitement in the air about announcements to come.